Final

Iced Americano and Books

Finally updated!!! 

 

 

The calender says twenty second of August. But like everyone, I've got my own one in relation to my life. It's the twelfth day since I moved to Seoul. Tenth day since I started to visit the cafe. Seventh day since I started to watch him.

 

 

Just like the last few days I opened the door to this little hideout called 'Le Café' which I happened to find out one day by chance when I was wondering around my neighbourhood to get used to my new life in the city. Situated in a lonely but a peaceful street I went inside to the small shop only to be welcomed by a sweet smile of a very pleasant lady, the owner of the cafe. The sweet smell of the freshly baked sugar buns and cupcakes mixed with the aroma of coffee in that early morning hour gave me the feeling that I'll be frequenting the place from then on. That's why I began to love starting everyday earlier than I have to just to taste some coffee to gain strength to carry on with my work life each day. But who thought that I'll find something more lovelier than that?


I got seated in my usual chair at the corner after giving my greetings to the beautiful lady. Mornings are always cold in Seoul but inside the cafe it's unknowingly warm and cozy and I like that.

Sooner the young girl who helped the lady with the servings came to me with the tray of the hot cup of coffee and some buns, which is my usual order. I thanked her with the best smile I could gift and I recieved the same bright one. After taking a quick sip from the brewed coffee my brain cells informed me that my day has officially begun which caused a long sigh of relief from me. Working is hard. It's the same for every person. But since I loved it and have always wanted to work in this field I didn't mind about its difficulties to a greater extent.

 

Minutes passed. One or two early morning customers came in and bought what they want. But no one spent their time to sit down and enjoy, unlike me. Unlike him.

 


I was busy in my thoughtland while sipping coffee little by little when the door of Le Café opened and when I looked above in he came with his usual sunshine smile. I always wonder if he's taking the actual sun with him wherever he goes because there's no any other way to explain his extraordinary bright nature.

 

"Good morning, Mrs. Kim"


He said while approaching the counter. The gentleness in his voice is sweeter than the taste of the coffee I was sipping. But unfortunately, really really unluckily those are the only words I've ever heard coming out of his mouth. During the past few days I got to know that just like me he's also a usual customer for Le Café. And funnily I found it as a happy fact to have a similarity like that for us.


The young girl went to him and placed his order and he again presented her with his endearing smile. With each passing day I started to envy the girl because she's another person among many who's lucky to be at the recieving end of his smile everyday. When will I..

 

Like everyday he opened his big black leather bag he carried and took a book out of it. What more can there be in that bag? I wonder. Maybe some pens, some more books, a bottle of water, a packet of fries or any other really random and weird thing? Who knows. I wish I could know. 

Then after settling more comfortably on his seat he opened his book to start reading.

 

 

During the past six days he has never given the slightest note that he knows I'm watching him all the time. And I know that I'm not the kind of an obvious person so I wasn't afraid to keep looking at him. 


Oh, I still haven't told his name right? 


Lee Jinki

 

 

You may wonder how I know his name when I have never exchanged a single word with him. But I've got my own ways you know. Don't think that I'm creepy but I actually asked the owner lady what his name is. She also said that he has been coming here since three months ago. I found it funny how she remembered when exactly he started to come when there're so many people who visit the cafe everyday. But, who wouldn't notice a handsome guy like him? And I have to say this too, thankfully for my own relief she's not aware that I'm staring at him all the time like a stalker. 


I don't want anyone to think that I'm looking creepily at him because it's truly not like that. I love to look at him from a corner. His subtle movements like a slow sip from his iced americano, his chubby hand travelling along his nape once in a while maybe because he's getting bored, a slight smile that appears on his face maybe because he's reading something funny. And once or twice he looks outside the cafe for a few seconds as if he's waiting for someone or something to happen and quickly comes back to his book again. I find myself smiling alone like a fool at times like that because he's so adorably attractive. 

I also like to watch his expressions changing time to time which makes me curious about what kind of a book he's reading. But he's always sitting at the other side of the cafe so there's no way for me to even recognize the covers of the books he reads each time. Unlucky me. 


So, I love little things like these about him. Do you find me creepy? I hope not.

 

 

The time I spent for the last few days looking at him, even though it was short I found it interesting and happy. The more I got to see him the more I wanted to know about him. But I never wanted to talk to him because I know it'll be like invading his privacy. Not even in my dreams I've wanted to do so. 


I'm good at reading people. My mom has always said that. So I tried to read him too. 


He seemed gentle and quiet. He loves the silence. He could cheer you up with just a simple smile so he must be popular among his friends and family members. He looks mysterious as if he's hiding something really secretive. He doesn't have any walls built around him that wouldn't allow you to get to know about him. But he loves being alone in his own world and he would most surely welcome you to his world happily if you want to. 

These are some of the things I found out after watching and observing him for these six days. I'm not a mind reader so not a single thing I mentioned is definite. But I want to think that I'm correct on most of them.


Again, do you find me creepy?

 


I didn't think it's love at first sight. I've never believed such things. And I didn't wanted to think that it's actually love even though I knew I was interested in him. 


But this guy proved a big theory I've created myself wrong. Because this day, the seventh day of seeing him, how can I not think that I'm in love? Not after he stood up from his seat and came straightly to me. Not after he spoke to me with his sweet, tender voice with the biggest smile plastered on his face like an actual sunshine and raised my heart beat by two or three times.

 

"Can I sit here"

 

Not after I realized that my cheeks started to paint with a bright pink color while I gave a weak 'yes', to which I prayed god to not let this man notice it. And certainly not after he took a seat right infront of my eyes and opened his book again to start reading. Right that very moment I realized this is love.


I never saw this coming. I've never felt this much embarrassing in my entire life to think that he noticed I was watching him all this time, all these days and I so much wished the ground beneath me would open up and swallow me in. I stared at him like an idiot with my cheeks bright red like a beet root and I didn't fail to see him grinning behind his book probably because of my obviousness. I found out that he's a total smarty who proved me wrong on so many facts about myself in which I thought was right for more than ten years of my life.

 

But then even with all these embarrassing feelings the one good thing that happened was that he made everything easier for me in my process of getting to know him. I found out the name of the book he's reading and made a mental note to check on it some time later. I could see his expressions more clearly and perfectly which was important to my nonexisting research on this man. I had a ball of sunshine right infront of my eyes and what else is needed? 


I wanted to ask why he's being like that all of a sudden. I was curious about so many things. But that moment was too precious to me. Who knows if he'll ever come back to the cafe knowing that some weird stranger is ready to start a starring game with him. So I wanted to treasure that moment. That short time of nothing but absolute happiness. Maybe the next day or some other day if he ever comes again I'll throw all my questions at him. Someday I'll tell that I like him, although my brain said that he already knew it.

 


So.. I found a place with tasty food and sweet coffee to start everyday in my new life. And I also found something more lovelier than that. My prince charming. The man in my dreams. 

So I guess I've to correct myself now. It's definitely love at first sight. I believe in that now. And it's all because of this mysterious man named Lee Jinki.

 

 

 

 

Hello!! I hope you enjoyed it. I've been waiting for ages to upload this, but since I wanted to add some fanart for this it took some (a long long) time. I so much want to imagine jinki this way TT TT But sadly I wasn't able to find someone who could draw it for me until now (crying.. TT TT) So if you know anyone, can you let this poor girl know? It'll be a big help for me

Don't forget to comment. I want to know what you guys think about my creepy? imagination. Lol. Have a nice day. And do not drink a lot of coffee. It's not that good for your health (I hope lee jinki knows that too. Haha..)