01:

Miles & love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Jennie's busy scrolling through her emails, not giving any damn about her friends who are chatting with each other. She's out to bond with her friends yet she ended up ignoring their presence and immersing herself to the bunch of emails that were left unchecked.

 

" one latte and two americanos " her attention were caught by the aroma of coffee that was placed in front of them " and three strawberry shortcakes, that will be all? " the waiter asked and the girls nodded their heads so the waiter grabbed the table number and left after saying " have a good day "

 

" unnie, we're here to chat and have some fun, can you please at least give us a little bit of your attention? " Lisa annoyedly demanded to Jennie " please, jeez " she slightly rolled her eyes.

 

Jennie did place her phone on the table and started to converse with Rose and Lisa. She felt bad about ignoring the girls so she had to at least give them some interest even the truth is she's not in her perfect mood for some chitchats.

 

Lisa raised her hand to get the attention of one of the waiters " one more strawberry shortcake please " she happily said and the waiter nodded its head, immediately getting Lisa's order. As the waiter places Lisa's order, the girl let out a soft squeal as she feels so excited about it. The sugar is going through her mind again, she getting hyper and all.

 

" Jennie unnie, can you please scold Lisa? She's eating way too much " Rose frowned at Lisa who's on her second batch of strawberry shortcake " she's always getting indigestion from being that way! " she complains.

 

Rose and Lisa live in one apartment, they share bills and all. They reason out that it's much convenient for the two of them but no one's buying that reason— they are obviously in love with each other but too in denial to it accept in themselves.

 

" you'll take care of her either way, what's the point of scolding her? " Jennie smiled teasingly at Rose which Lisa nodded her head as she stuffs .

 

" Oh right! " Rose exclaimed when she remembered something " Jisoo unnie will be home this year, isn't she? " she asked Jennie. Of course, who else would know the arrival of Jisoo? It's Jennie, her girlfriend.

 

Jennie's smile faltered " oh? Maybe she is... " she shortly responded.

 

The sun has already set and there, Jennie knew that the sun where Jisoo is now rising. They have a different time zone and Jennie has been used to it. The fact that they are away from each other doesn't give much melancholy to Jennie's heart anymore.

 

With the sudden brought up of Jisoo's name, Jennie has fallen into remembering where they started and where they ended— or maybe that isn't the right word.

 

Jisoo is like a warm coffee for Jennie's cold personality. Jisoo's smiles would also make Jennie's lips form a curve— something that rarely happens. Jisoo is the only person who reached out to her cold personality and dared to melt her heart and unexpectedly, she did a good job on doing so.

 

Their relationship is indeed beautiful, no explanations needed, they are just in love and inseparable. They are the people's definition of 'couple goals', everyone's envy and wishing for the same relationship that they have.

 

" I love you " Jisoo would always say every day without a miss.

 

" so do I " and Jennie would answer back without any hesitations.

 

Their exchange of I loves yous that will never go old, the way they assuringly say those words to each other while their eyes are intimately staring to each other like that's all that matters in this world.   

 

" unnie! " Lisa patted Jennie's shoulders which led for the girl to wake up from her own thoughts " are you even listening to us? " the younger girl frowned. Lisa hates when people ignore her or if someone's not giving her attention when she speaks.

 

" sorry " Jennie said and Lisa just sighed. 

 

" so as I was saying... " Lisa continued on her stories while Rose gave a quick look at Jennie and gave a slight smile.

 

 

Jennie got home in her empty apartment, the pieces of furniture are minimal as she wants it to be. She's a simple girl who's not really fond of designing her home.

 

She got home a little late because the two won't let her go and she guess it was a good idea because right now, she's so tired to even be drowned to her own thoughts.

 

After washing up and doing her nightly routine, she exhaustedly flapped her body on her soft bed, trailing her fingertips in the empty spot on her right side. It's been years since the bed felt so big— Jennie sighed.

 

Before drifting into sleep, Jennie reached for her phone and suddenly a message popped up. It was from her girlfriend, a short message greeting her a good night and so she replied ' have a good day ' for Jisoo's day will just going to start.

 

Like their I love yous, their messages to each other never failed to miss a day. They promised each other to leave a message every day, even how much busy they are— they have to. That promise lives up to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter