Final

Anniversary

*Alarm tone*

A short arm sneaked out from the blanket and tried to reached out to the table to turn off the device that disturbed her precious sleep. Grunting when she took a peek on her phone as she saw it was  just 6 in the morning.

The short girl sat up stretching her short arms and arching her back hearing a little crack and then releasing a sigh. Scratching her head and her eyes widen seeing a big red circle on the date on her calendar. Upon seeing it, her sleepiness went away as she hop her way towards the kitchen to prepare herself some breakfast.

Munching on her food she checked her phone to see if she got messages. Well there is some from her friends, her mom and some just notifications. She frowns when she didn't get a message from her special person.

To: 🐰
Hi Good morning!! Are you at work already?

From: 🐰
Good morning to you too. Yeah I'm at work already
Dinner later?

To: 🐰
Sure!! See ya later ;)

Grinning from ear to ear she finished her breakfast in one go and head to the showers

-------

The bell on the door dinged once she entered the coffee shop she owns. Wearing a bright smile and greeting her employees as she made her way to her office. As she plopped herself on her chair a knock was heard and one of her younger employees entered.

"Good morning Yeri-ah, what do you have for me today?"

"Good morning too Wen unnie.. Seulgi unnie dropped by and she wanted me to give you this"

The younger girl showed a bouquet of flowers in a basket with card in between. Wendy stood up as she received the gift and placed it on her table.

"How's school and how're you and that cute girl you brought here with you last time? Was it Saeron?"

"It's fine unnie a-and were good... I'm taking her out on Saturday"

"That's good to hear!! Use protection ok... Anyways thanks for this Yeri"

Yeri smile in return before leaving the shorter girl an evident pink shade on her cheeks. Wendy took the card on the bouquet reading what's inside.

Happy anniversary to you and Joohyun
Hope you have a blast! If you know what I mean ;)

-Love Seulbear

Wendy rolled her eyes as she placed the card on the table and took a photo of the flowers. So she could show it to her girlfriend later once they meet.

To: Sluggie bear
Thanks for the flowers Seul! They're beautiful :*

From: Sluggie bear
Yeah, you're welcome!! Your girlfriend should be the one sending you those gifts not me Hamster! Tell Hyun unnie I said hi, ok?

Wendy smiled at the reply, she knows her girlfriend. Irene must be busy so she understands, besides they're going for a dinner later and that's enough for her.

---------

"Unnie here's the folder you're asking me"

A tall red head entered the office and approached the older girl who is seriously typing God knows what on her computer, not even bothering to look at the taller girl she replied.

"Hello to you too Sooyoung and its Ms. Bae.. Thank you"

"Yeah whatever you say unnie and its Joy, ok? Anyway go home early today"

"Hmm why? I got a lot of things to do"

"Aigoo you're really getting old, but make sure you meet Seungwan unnie later ok"

Without waiting for the older girl's reply Joy immediately dash out of the room before Irene could hit her with a folder. The older girl rubbed her temples, she glanced at her calendar if there's anything that should remind her but there's none. She look at the clock and saw that its time for lunch, she fished her phone out and messaged her girlfriend

To: Wan
It's lunch time, don't forget to eat.

From: Wan
You too ^_^ don't over work yourself ok? Or I'll ask Joy to take you out from your office :)

To: Wan
I won't forget... I'm heading out now. See you tonight.

Not waiting for a reply she grab her purse from her bag and headed out to go lunch with the tall girl.

-------

"Tell me why I'm with you again?"

"Because I'm treating you for lunch! Tsk is that how you treat your bear best friend that you love?" 

Wendy rolled her eyes as she took a sip on her iced coffee. The bear like girl in front of her just grinned back at her and continue to munch on her pasta.

"No really... I thought you're busy with a new choreography you're working on for a boy group that will debut soon"

"I am.. I just wanted to have a break for a while.. Anyways has Joohyun unnie greeted you already?"

"No but I guess she's going to later at dinner"

"That oldie... I bet you that she forgot the occasion today"

"I hope she didn't cause it'll ruin my surprise"

Wendy frown at the thought of Joohyun forgetting their anniversary. Well, sometimes Joohyun forgot no scratch that Joohyun does forgot their anniversary even her own birthday. Wendy doesn't mind though, she understands that the older girl is busy with the company but she does hope today, it crosses the older girl's mind. Her thoughts were disrubt when she heard a familiar ringtone

"Hey Hyun... Have you had lunch already? Ahh that's good... Oh, I'm with Seul... I can't wait for toni-.. What? But Hyun, I have something to tell you... Can't it be moved?.. Alright, I understand... Ok bye"

"Wan? You ok?"

"Huh? Oh... Our dinner got canceled"

"What why?!"

"She said she got an urgent meeting and doesn't know what time it'll end so yeah... I guess you're right Seulgi.. I think Irene did forget what day it is today"

Seulgi couldn't help but feel bad for her sad hamster in front of her. The usual bubbly girl is now sad and it's because of their pabo Joohyun unnie. She reminded herself to scold the older girl when she got to meet her.

"Thanks for the lunch Seul, but the shop and the kids need me... I'll see you around bear" 

Wendy forced a smile as she leave the restaurant.

------

Wendy bid goodbye to her employees as they depart ways. Her mood suddenly turn upside down as she remember that she's not going to meet her beloved girlfriend tonight. 

She couldn't blame the older girl though. Irene is a busy woman who owns a very well-known company, so it's normal for her to be busy. But the shorter girl couldn't help sometimes to be sad that Irene forget some important occasions. Maybe she doesn't really lo- Wendy shake her head side to side to get rid of negative thoughts, she'll never doubt Irene's love for her. Sighing the shorter girl got in the bus. 

------

"I hope everything is clear now... If there's no follow up questions this meeting is done" 

Everyone in the room one by one stood up and exits the meeting room, ready to go home leaving Irene and Joy behind. The taller girl looks at the other girl who's staring at her phone like it will do something. 

"Unnie aren't you going to meet Seungwan unnie?" 

"Huh? Oh, I uh I canceled it for this meeting" 

"What?! Why did you do that unnie?!" 

"Uhh because of this meeting?" 

Joy could only face palm herself for the older girl being so oblivious, if only she's not older she could have punched the older girl already. Also it must be the reason why her bear of s girlfriend is keep on texting her about Wendy being sad because of Joohyun. 

"Unnie.. You don't really know what day it is today?" 

"What are you talking about Joy? Well obviously today is March 16, why are you even asking me this?" 

"I don't know unnie you tell me" 

"Joy, please I'm tired.. If you're pranking me save it for another time" 

"Tsk whatever unnie... I'm not pranking you ok... Just go already and just meet Seungwan unnie" 

Joohyun could only stare at the fading figure of the taller girl. Scratching her head as she's confused why Joy is being hyped up about the date today, shrugging her shoulders she went back to her office to get her bag and leave.

------------

The shorter girl went out of the shower while drying her hair and then proceeded to the living room to watch something. While flipping through different channels her phone received a message.

From: 🐰
Have you had dinner?

To:🐰
Yeah... You?

From: 🐰
I did.. I'm sorry I have to cancel our dinner
The meeting is important.

So the meeting is more important than our anniversary? Wendy sigh, she doesn't know what to reply the older girl. She doesn't want to blabber anything that could lead them to fighting. Wendy hates it more like despise it. So she placed her phone beside her and just ended the conversation at that, but her hand mist have a mind on its own at it grabs her phone and open their conversation

To:🐰
Did you forget what day it is today?

From: 🐰

Joy also asked me the same thing... Please do tell me

As I don't really now what's day it is today aside it's March 16

Wendy felt like crying so she did forget. After debating with herself that Joohyun didn't forget and will come to her apartment to surprise her but now her dreams hsd crashed. She gulped the forming lumped in , she should've replied. 

From: 🐰

Wan?

To: 🐰

Do you love me? 

To: 🐰

Never mind that... I'll go to bed now don't reply anymore 

------

From: Wan

Do you love me? 

From: Wan

Never mind that... I'll go to bed don't reply anymore

Joohyun couldn't sleep, she keeps on staring at Wendy's message. The older girl is confused, why would Wendy and Joy asked what day it is today and when she answered they're not satisfied. Tsk, she looked at her calendar again to recheck her schedule for the day if she forgot about something, but there's none. Frustrated Joohyun stood up from her bed and went to the kitchen to drink a glass of water. 

Since she's not getting sleepy soon, she plopped herself on the couch and think about her girlfriend. When she first met Wendy, it was in her coffee shop, where Joy had brought her. It was the first time she stutter and got nervous when ordering food. She was so embarrassed when Wendy laughed at her for being a stuttering mess and couldn't complete a perfect sentence. 

After a couple of going back to the coffee shop and an encouragement from Joy since she knew Wendy, she asked the short girl out. She was so lucky to have Seungwan. The shorter girl is complete package of being a girlfriend material. Joohyun felt bad for not being the best girlfriend for Seungwan. Why? First she's not romantic, she hates those kinds of stuff. Seungwan is always the one showing affection. Second she forgets special occasions like anniversaries, even her own birthday. 

There's one time a thought came to her mind, what if Seungwan got tired of being patient with her and just leave her. What would she do? Joohyun may not function well if that happens. Seungwan is her first love and will always be. So she'll treasure her like a precious gem. 

Suddenly Joohyun frowns, anniversary? March 16? The older girl stood up from her sit abruptly as she stared at the date on her phone. It all clicked why Joy and Wendy is asking her about the date. Joohyun slap herself a multiple times, how could she forgot? Seungwan must have felt bad. The older girl immediately dialed the shorter girls number, but to her dismay Wendy is not answering. She ruffle her hair when the call fails for the third time. She needs to think fast, looking at the time its just 10:30 in the evening. That's right! Joohyun immediately ran to her room.

--------

*Doorbell sound*

Wendy frowns who would even go to her place in this ungodly hour. She didn't paid attention to it and just go back to sleep. Then again the doorbell is ringing, sighing loudly she sat up on her bed and look at the time to see that its 10:50, as long as she stares at the clock her eyes is slowly closing but thenshe heard the doorbell and stood up stomping her way to the door. She's ready to shout at the person behind the door for disturbing her sleep. Opening the door and was ready to shout, her voice got stuck in the middle and her eyes wide when she saw a panting Joohyun in her hands a big blue paper bag, a black plastic and plastic flowers.

"I'm... I'm sorry Wan... I h-hope I'm still not late to say.. H-happy Anniversary"

Wendy was so shocked, she couldn't believe Joohyun will be here at this time when the older girl prefer to sleep early. Their eyes met, Wendy couldn't say anything but stare at the girl in front of her, sweat running down the older girl's forehead and neck.

"A-aren't you going to invite me in?" 

Wendy snapped out of her thoughts and opened the door sode for the older girl to get inside the apartment. After closing the door, she starer at the older girl who was facing her again. 

"What are you doing here Hyun? Did you ran all the way here? I'll go get some water for you"

Before she could go to the kitchen, Joohyun grabbed her wrist and pulled her into a hug. Still shocked Seungwan didn't know what to do but then she heard a sniff coming from the older girl. 

"I know you're disappointed in me... I'm sorry for being forgetful... I'm sorry I canceled our date... I'm sorry for being such a bad girlfriend... I don't deserve you Wan-ah... I'm sorry, but please don't leave me... I don't know what I'll do if you did... I'm so sorry"

"Pabo... Why would I leave you? I love you so much and leaving you is the last thing I'll do... I understand you're busy"

"Noo~ because of that I neglect you... Please don't doubt my love for you... You're the precious things that had happened to me... Meeting you was the best moment of my life" 

"I love you too... And meeting you was also the best thing that ever happened to me... I love you so much please don't cry" 

One of the reasons why Joohyun fell in love with Wendy is because of her smile. That warm smile that she always show to her, only her and it gives her thoughts that this smile shows how in love Seungwan is to her. 

"Am I forgiven?" 

Wendy chuckled as she glued their foreheads together 

"Yeah... With the effort of you running here to my place is already enough to forgive you baby" 

Joohyun blush at the nickname it gives her chills to her spine. She's not so used to it. 

"Would you like to open my present? Or eat this tteokbokki I bought? I'm sorry this is all I could afford at this kind of hour" 

"It's ok... It's not that late to celebrate... Oh! Wait here I also have a present for you, please sit" 

The shorter girl ran to her room as she looks for her present while Joohyun places the flower and the paper bag on the couch then proceeded to the kitchen to prepare the food she bought. A couple of minutes later, Wendy was back and waited for Joohyun. She saw the plastic flower and giggle, how silly of her girlfriend, then she took the blue paper bag and opened to see a big brown plush that looks like a hamster, she squeal in happiness as she hugged it tight, not long Joohyun came out of the kitchen and smile at the sight. She made the right choice in buying that plush. 

"Thank you for these gifts... I appreciate them a lot" 

"I could've given you real flowers but all flower shops are already closed" 

"Hey this plastic flowers is fine at least they wouldn't wither just like your love for me" 

Wendy earned a slap from her blushing girlfriend while sje just laughed at her sappy lines. 

"So you got something for me?" 

"Oh yes... But I don't know if you'll like it but.... I've been thinking alot about this for the past weeks and month's.... I'm also encouraged by our friends about this decision of mine... I hope you'll accept"

"Joohyun we've met for a long time and this is our fifth anniversary as girlfriends... We may have those moments of our ups and downs but that's normal... I... Joohyun I want to spend the rest of my life with you... Create a family with you.."

"Will you marry me?" 

Tears fell down from Joohyun's eyes as she nodded her head and hugged the shorter girl in front of her. She pulled out from the hug and kissed her now fiancé. Joohyun can't wait to marry this amazing girl and use her last name.

"I love you baby"

"I love you too Wan-ah"

Joohyun saying yes to the proposal is enough for Wendy to know that the older girl loves her so much.