Chapter 1

Once again, a Cinderella.

 

 

In a middle class apartment complex in Hongdae lives the Choi Family. Choi Siwon and Kim Heechul, the couple are blessed with 5 boys -- Leeteuk (5 years old) Yesung (4 years old), Shindong (3 years old), and their twins Eunhyuk and Donghae (1 year old). Siwon is a office worker at Label SJ, while Heechul is a stay-at-home mom.

Before he married Siwon, Heechul is known as ‘Cinderella’, the reason? He likes to socialize and attend every party his friends invites him to, and always return at midnight. It was their college graduation ball when he met Siwon, and Heechul fell in love with Siwon’s lovely smile and precious reactions. It was his first love. After 5 months, the couple decided to get married. Heechul is seriously head over the moon with Siwon, so he stop being a Cinderella and takes things seriously as a wife.

After 2 months of being together as a married couple, Heechul found out that he is pregnant with their first child, Leeteuk. After a year there came Yesung. When Heechul found out that he is pregnant with their third son, Shindong, he stopped working as an editor to focus and cater the needs of their growing family. Without hiring a maid (which Siwon appreciates), he manage handling three boys and his husband, taking care of their needs at home, school, and work; even in bed (*wink *wink with Siwon). After 2 years, they thought they would not be blessed with another child, but this time the Lord have blessed them with twins, Eunhyuk and Donghae. Being a hands-on mom and wife took a toll at Heechul’s appearance. He’s still beautiful, but the glamorous Cinderella is gone. The fashionable clothes are now replaced with more comfortable plain shirts and ankle pants, the styled hairstyle are now kept short, and the clutch bags are replaced with big tote bags to carry the things his children needs.

One day, he went to the supermarket with the boys to buy their groceries for the week. “Boys, stay close to me so you won’t get lost.” said Heechul. Leeteuk, Yesung, and Shindong followed the instructions of their mom. “Eunhyuk-ie, are you ok there?”, Heechul glanced at his back where Eunhyuk was placed in a baby bag, when he heard Eunhyuk coos he smiled, he turned to ask the baby boy at his front. “How about my Donghae-ie? Are you ok there?” he earned a giggle from Donghae.

“Mama, what are we eating tonight?” asked Shindong, “Could we eat tangsuyuk, galbi, and fried chicken?”, using his powerful puppy eyes to convince Heechul.

“Mama, I want samgyupsal and caramel pudding!”, said Yesung.

“Mama, let’s have Japanese! I want Katsudon or Chicken teriyaki!”, request by Leeteuk.

Heechul stopped walking and kneel in front of the boys, “I want to cook all of your food request, but we can’t buy them all Mama should stick with the budget that Papa gave us.”

Shindong can’t accept the answer of Heechul, and cried as loud as he can. He thought that Heechul simply don’t want to cook his requested food. When Leeteuk and Yesung heard Shindong cried, the two joined as well. When the twins heard their brothers cried, they join the crying fit.

One by one the children cried on top of their lungs, attracting the attention of the other shoppers. They were too young to understand that they’re on a tight budget. Pre-school was about to start as well. Siwon’s salary is at the minimum as of the moment. A raised have been requested, but the company is facing a big loss in market value. Siwon considered resigning from the company, but he can’t, ‘coz resigning from the company means a month or months without salary, his family would suffer. Luckily, he was a pioneer employee at Label SJ, so he was top priority when a higher position is vacant.

Heechul was about to cry as well, he doesn’t know what to do. He could handle their cries, but all of them crying at the same time stressed him so much. He don’t know which should he comfort first.

He first start entertaining the twins to stop them from crying, then he talked to the children to calm them down by saying, “Mama also wants to eat tangsuyuk, galbi, and fried chicken!”, as he wipes Shindong’s crying face, then he face Yesung next, wiping away his snots using a tissue and said. “Mama also wants to eat Yesung’s favorite caramel pudding and samgyupsal.” And lastly, Heechul turned to Leeteuk, “Teukkie, Mama also wants to eat Japanese food, and Papa loves Japanese food too. But sons,” as he faced his sons crying snotty face. “We don’t have enough money to buy everything.” Leeteuk ask his mother, “But Mama, Papa has work right? Why can’t we buy lots of food?” Heechul smiled and answered, “Yeah, Papa has work, but the company is not getting lots and lots of money, so Papa’s money is few as well. Could Teukkie, Yesungie, and Shindongie wait until Papa has lots of money?” the three boys seemed to understood what their mother told them. One thing Heechul was proud of was that their children are understanding, just choose the right words. Heechul gave them tissues to wipe their tears and snots left from crying.

After the crying fit of his sons they went to buy everything on his lists. “Mama, could we buy ice cream? I saw the kid on tv that he eats ice cream and I want one. Could we buy it instead of tangsuyuk?” asked with another pleading eyes of Shindong. Heechul checks his wallet and found that he could buy them an ice cream, he nod yes to Shindong and the three boys cheered, he gave them the money so he could also teach them to buy on their own. As the three boys buy an ice cream near the cashier counter Heechul arranged all the groceries he bought when he heard someone called him. When he take a look it was Kim Ryeowook the meanest guy of his batch. Heechul cannot stand the personality of this man. He likes to outshine Heechul, he even tried stealing Siwon from him. Heechul smiled at Ryeowook and said his greetings. “My, my, the university cinderella is a poor cinderella now. Hahaha”, laugh sarcastically by Ryeowook. “Looks like your having a difficult time, where’s the glamorous Kim Heechul? Did you still attend those night parties? I bet you don’t ‘coz I didn’t see you! Hahaha..” laughed Ryeowook  again. “Do you sometimes wish that you don’t have that loud children of yours so you could have fun like me. Good thing I didn’t pursue Siwon or else I’ll be the one who will look like you. Cinderella the Unfashionable housewife. Hahaha.. I’ll take my leave then, before I catch your housewife fashion!” Heechul likes to burst because of anger and slap Ryeowook, but he thinks that what Ryeowook said was true. If he didn’t have his children and married Siwon early he could still live as the fashionable Cinderella, the life of the party.

‘How I wish I’m still single and free.’, he thought. Heechul returned from his thoughts when Donghae and Eunhyuk began to wake up, he sush the twins, took their groceries and went to fetch the trio.

After the grocery shopping and the encounter with Ryeowook, he felt a little light-headed. Heechul thought that it’s because of the hot weather they had in Korea. He let the kids play, then prepared the folding mattress the kids will use to for their afternoon nap. He went to look for the kids, he heard laughters in the kitchen. Heechul thought the kids are just joking to each other and playing, but what he saw left him so annoyed and stressed. The carton of milks that they just bought for the older trio’s breakfast were all over the kitchen floor, even the formula milk powder that the twins need for the whole week were all over the floor and their faces. Seeing the scene, he took Leeteuk’s hand and start spanking him on his bum. “Leeteuk! Why did you do that? That’s for your cereal! Who gave you permission to open those milk?!”, angrily said by Heechul.

Leeteuk starts to cry because of shock and fear. This is the first time that he was spanked by Heechul. Yesung and Shindong didn’t escaped the punishment as they both got a spank as well. “All of you go to your room and sleep!! I wish I didn’t have such stubborn kids!” The trio understood what Heechul said and immediately run to their room crying. Heechul was also shocked with what he said, he didn’t mean to say it. He was just disappointed that a week’s food was wasted. He tried to catch the kids, but remembered that the twins are still covered on their formula milk powder. He scooped Eunhyuk and Donghae, “Ya! Choi Donghae and Choi Eunhyuk! Why are you laughing? You both don’t have milk.. what will you do huh? Mama is not producing a lot of milk now. Aish.. what will I do??”. Heechul gave the twins a bath and put them to sleep first. After doing it, he went to the trio’s room to check on them. Heechul felt guilty as he saw Leeteuk’s puffy eyes for too much crying.

Heechul sits on the couch and stared on the floor, he asked himself what is happening with him. Why he is easily irritated and light headed, this just happen after they left to buy groceries and met Kim Ryeowook. He was disturbed with his staring contest with the floor when he heard the intercom. Heechul was surprised to see Kim Jae Joong at the door, his friend and former boss. “Joongie? What are you doing here?”

“Whew! Heechulie, I thought something happened to you ‘coz you didn’t answer your phone. Come, we have an important meeting with Label SJ, we can’t be late.” Jae Joong opened Heechul’s cabinet and began to choose clothes for him.

Heechul was left dumbfounded, Jae Joong knew that he quit his job after having Shindong. They remained close friends, but Jae joong got busy with his work and wedding preparation with Yunho.“Jae joong, I quit my job remember?” said Heechul.

This time Jae joong is the one who’s dumbfounded. “What are you saying Heechul? What quit?”.

“I quit my job after having my third child, Shindong. Plus, I can’t really go back since I just had my twins...”, Heechul explained.

“Heechul, are you sick? What are you saying? What third child? What twins?”, Jae joong asked.

“Shindong, my third child. Eunhyuk and Donghae my twins!? Mine and Siwon’s son.”, Heechul replied annoyingly.

“Huh?! What rubbish are you saying? You are really sick Kim Heechul! Siwon’s wife is the mean Kim Ryeowook. And they’re the ones who had twins not you. You are still ‘Cinderalla’. y, free, and single.”, said Jae joong while choosing Heechul’s cloth for the meeting.

“Jae Joong, what's the date today?”, asked Heechul.

“Today? Today is July 13, 20XX. 11am. Hurry up, get on your feet we will leave in 10 minutes.”, answered Jae joong.

“Same date, Wae.” Heechul thought that maybe he return back 6 years ago, but didn’t.  What’s happening?! Where are my kids?” Heechul get up on bed and went to the kids room and found out that Leeteuk, Shindong, and Yesung’s room is his walk-in-closet. Full of fashionable clothes, shoes, and bags. Heechul then went to the third room, which was the twin’s room and once again surprise that it was another empty room. Heechul fell on his knees and starts to worry. Where are his kids? They’re just supposed to be sleeping having their afternoon nap, then he would say sorry for spanking and getting angry at them. His wish came true, Kim Heechul was once again free and single!

 

----------

I hope you'll like this one too! :D