Chapter One

Destiny

For months, Hye Sun had had a reoccurring dream. Well, not reoccuring, but more like they all followed the same plot line. The world the dreams were based in was gorgeous. It took the appearance of a meadow full of flowers, surrounded by grand trees that provided shadows for resting. The animal kingdom was undisturbed. The sound of cars driving by was replaced by the chirps and tweets of birds.  The only current sign of human life was two girls sitting under the trees, conversing quietly as if not to bother the nature. All seemed peaceful at an overglance.

This harmonious appearance was shattered, however, as a ball of fire shot towards Hye Sun at the speed of light, leaving her no time to dodge. Oh yeah- the dream world also had magic in it. On instinct, she quickly put up her shield, deflecting the ball of fire. It shot back as quick as it had come, racing towards the boy who had thrown it. The said boy let out a curse, quickly killing the size of the fireball and yelping as it thunked against his arm. The others in the meadow remained unbothered, continuing their conversation under the shade of the trees.

Hye Sun dropped her shield, replacing it with a sheet of ice. She smirked, reaching out her hand and drawing the ice into her hand. With precision, she compacted the ice into a ball and threw it at the boy, hitting him in same place the fire ball had. The boy let out a second yelp, rubbing the now overly sore spot. He fixated his gaze on her, narrowing his eyes into a glare.

“What?” Hye Sun asked, blinking innocently. “It looked like you needed to cool down,” she finished, laughing at her own joke.

The boy, Baekhyun, growled in irritation. He muttered something under his breath and flicked his wrist towards her. Nothing happened. Anyone else would have been confused by the lack of results, but Hye Sun had sparred with Baekhyun many times. She quickly formed a sword in her hand, swinging it to cut behind her. There was a blinding flash as her sword split the ball of light that he had been trying to sneakily attack her with.

Hye Sun looked cockily at Baekhyun, delighted that she caught his trick, He pouted at her, displeased at being caught. She was opened to taunt him again when a woman’s voice rang throughout her head. In response, she raised her hand and quickly put a shield around Baekhyun, halting the battle. Hye Sun drew her attention to the shade, watching as the women flickered before reappearing between her and Baekhyun.

The two women parted, the woman who spoke remaining in the middle. The girl, Seulgi, quietly moved to stand next to the others. Hye Sun lightly bumped shoulders with her, giving her a gentle greeting smile. Seulgi greeted her back, smiling and grabbing her hand before facing towards the woman again. Hye Sun’s smile widened as she watched a butterfly lightly land on their intertwined hands. The blue butterfly flapped its wings gently, spreading a calmness within her. After another moment, she finally tore her eyes away from the butterfly and faced forward.

    Nerves wracked all of their bodies as they focused their attention on the woman, in the middle. Destiny always looked powerful, from the way she stood to the way every part of the world seemed to make an effort to flow through her. This power was only emphasized by the serious look on her face as she glanced at them all. She was captivating, holding their attention fully. They all waited in anticipation for her to speak. The three of them drew in a synchronized breath as Destiny’s lips parted.

    “The time has come,” Destiny spoke. She sounded tired, and regretful. “Everything you were training for is here. The darkness has awakened and you need to fight it. You need to save everyone. “

   Hye Sun opened to voice their confusion, “ Wha-”

She was cut of as Seulgi and Baekhyun began to scream, falling to the ground. Hye Sun watched in horror as they writhed around, clutching their heads. It was obvious that they were in immense pain and she had no idea how to help them.

Hye Sun looked at Destiny, ready to beg for her help. Her words got trapped on her tongue as she took in her appearance. Destiny looked terribly sad, a single golden tear running down her face. And to her horror, one arm was held out towards Baekhyun and Seulgi, as if she was the one causing them the pain. Then suddenly, in the blink of an eye, the two were gone. All that remained of them was the echo of their screams that seemed to not be able to leave Hye Sun’s head.

She started wheezing, panic filling her. “How could you- They-” As she spoke, pain began to seep into her body, leading her breaths to become shorter and shorter.

Destiny’s voice rang out again as she Hye Sun’s face. Another tear slid out as Hye Sun flinched away from her touch between harsh breaths. “Hye Sun, you know that you’re the leader. You’ve always known. You have to lead them now. Find them in your life and direct them. Save everyone and remember your training. “

As soon as the final words drifted from her lips, she bent down. As she placed a kiss on Hye Sun’s forehead, the pain intensified, setting every nerve in her body aflame. It was too much for her to handle, leaving her to fade out of consciousness. Or rather, into consciousness, as next thing Hye Sun knew, she was awake in her bed. Tears streaming down her hands and her typical dream built shield surrounding her very awake body.


A/N Not betaed. I'm currently looking for a beta. Message me on line (Jongbaeta) if interested.