Fin.

Runaway

#
It's 3 pm. People are passing by, minding their own bussiness, replaying their schedule for the night in their head, planning their dinner with their family, contemplating on which channel they will watch on tv before sleeping. But you just sit there in the park bench, the one near the lamp and the hot dog stand, lost in thoughts, feeling everything and nothing all at once, somehow out of place, somehow unnoticed.

Without you realizing, comes a boy, sitting on the other end of the bench. He's wearing a hoody and a jacket, with ripped jeans and sneakers, a typical city boy. He looks like a year or two older than you. You look at him and your eyes meet. You look deep into his eyes and you feel a thud, deep in your heart, and you just know that he is the one, the one who gets it, the one who's the same, who understands. The logical part of your brain wants to act out,to say no, this isn't right, but this time your heart decided to take action, so you said

"What's your name?"


"Bobby"


"Y/N"

 


"Do you perhaps,want to runaway too?"


"Yes, I do"


"I have a car"

6 sentences exchanged, no more than 10 seconds, and you find yourself in the passenger seat, with bobby driving his car beside you. The radio is on, playing random old songs from the 90s, it's not really your taste, but it doesn't matter, nothing else matter, you think.

#

You're in the highway, looking outside the window. Trucks, trees, and cars, all blurred out. Bobby likes to drive fast. In no time, the trees are getting thinner, and the cars are getting scarcer, the skies getting pinkier, and your heart's getting warmer.

You find yourselves sitting on the beach, next to bobby. He held your hand and you held his, but both of your eyes are focused, on the horizon, mesmerized by how the sea swallow the sun.

"You know, whatever it is, in the end, everything will be fine, right?" He said, breaking the silence.

"I know"


"And you, whatever it is you have done, you know thay you did good, right?" You said to him.

"Yea I know"

 

And then silence, the comfortable one. As bobby held you in his embrace, watching the sun becomes one with the ocean. Two people, barely know each other. But somehow they understood one another. No words exchanged needed. No countless dinner dates needed. Because truthfully, people are just a jumble of nonsensical words, roaming around the streets, begging to be noticed, begging to be understood.