01/01

Remember [One-shot]
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“Hey, I’m home.”

 

The apartment was dark, the only source of light coming from the television. Fast asleep on the sofa was my best friend and housemate. I picked up the remote control, about to turn off the TV when something, or rather, someone, caught my attention.

 

Remember, do you remember back then?
The night it rained, when we cried all day?
Remember, do you remember afterwards?
The clear morning after the rain
We were in love, but we let each other go

 

I stared at the familiar face on the screen, the remote control forgotten in my hand.

 

“So, Ravi-sshi, what inspired you to write this song?”

 

“I actually made the melody quite a while back, but I just couldn’t seem to write the right lyrics for this song. And then one day, while out drinking with a very good hyung of mine, he told me a story of his while he was drunk. That was when ideas struck me and that night, I finally finished the lyrics to this track.”

 

“Did you gain permission from your hyung, though?” the interviewer joked.

 

Ravi laughed, “yes, of course. I showed it to him and told him everything he said while he was drunk. And he agreed to let me go ahead with the production of this song.”

 

He didn’t speak, but I saw the emotions flicker in his eyes as his group mate explained the meaning behind that song. He was that hyung, and that was our story.

 

----

 

“Hey, sorry I’m late,” Taekwoon plopped onto the seat opposite me, breathless, “I rushed here as soon as we were released.”

 

I smiled, “don’t worry about it. So how was practice today?”

 

Taekwoon and I had been a couple since our first year in high school. Up until middle school, his dream was to be a soccer player, but he sustained an injury that halted that dream. Since then, he had been absorbed into the world of music, and his newfound dream was to become a singer.

 

Taekwoon auditioned at various companies, both big and small, and in our last year of high school, he was finally accepted into Jellyfish Entertainment. I was concerned initially, because I was afraid of how our relationship would be affected. However, Taekwoon assured me that things wouldn’t change, and that his agency has no dating bans set for their trainees and artistes.

 

It had since been a year since he started his trainee life, and I had graduated high school, got accepted into a reputable university in Seoul and moved into a small apartment nearer to campus. We were able to meet at least four times a week, with me adjusting to his practice schedules. I was okay with it, because I knew how important this was to him, and I was really happy to see him working towards realizing his dream.

 

“Well it’s pretty much the same as every other day,” he picked up the cup of latte I had ordered for him in advance and took a sip, “but we were given a new task today!”

 

I smiled as he filled me in on his day, enjoying the way his eyes sparkled and the way his lips moved. I reached across the table and held his hands, laughing along as he told me about his dorky team mate’s weird animal imitations.

 

And I foolishly thought things would remain that way…

 

--

 

As time passed, Taekwoon became busier with practice and we barely had time to meet. Four times a week became once a week, then once every two weeks, and gradually once a month. He couldn’t even find time to call me as he usually practiced late into the night, sometimes to the early hours of the day.

 

To say I wasn’t miserable would be a lie, but I couldn’t complain. I loved Taekwoon, and I didn’t want to be the one to hold him back. So I could only hold it in, and be content with his occasional texts.

 

Then that day came. I received a phone call from him, one in a very long time.

 

“Hey,” I answered, a small smile on my face.

 

“Hey, I miss you,” his soft, melodic voice was such music to my ears.

 

“I miss you too.”

 

“I have some time today. Are you free? I have something to tell you, too.”

 

“Sure, what time?”

 

“I’m actually free for the rest of the day. I’ll come over to your place now.”

 

“Really?” I failed to hide my excitement, “alright, I’ll be waiting for you. Love you!”

 

“Mm, love you too. See you in a bit.”

 

Taekwoon arrived at my apartment an hour later. I happily greeted him with a kiss and pulled him in.

Please log in to read the full chapter