Turning Over Unforgetful Memories

Reflection

His feet ran across the sidewalk, bumping people along the way. The harsh winds blew in his face and his legs continued running. "Watch it!" A person said as Taemin knock into a body. "Sorry!" He said darting past him. His heart was pumping as he stopped infront of the crosswalk. He hastly rose his hand and slammed it against the button for the other side to turn red. "Hurry up light!" He jumped up and down. Taking out his phone, he glanced at the time on the screen. "Damn fudge this." He continued running towards the road until he got to the hospital.

"Don't Airi.

 *

Her body was slammed against the wall. Krystal fist came and connected with her gut, Airi fell back and winced in pain. Different pairs of feet kicked her in unwanted areas. "No one wants you." Sulli said throwing punches at the girl. "We should stop." Amber said cautiously looking around for bystanders. "I don't care, she deserves this." Sulli growled throwing another punch at her. Airi pushed them off of her, but Amber grabbed her by the asrms holding her back..

From the corner, Taemin watched as they beat her up. He looked away as he saw Sulli coming from the alley.

He watched as Airi struggled to get up. Soon as she was about to leave, Taemin walked away.

*

As he reached inside the hospital, Taemin ran up to the front desk. and stopped. "What room is Suzuki Airi in?" He asked trying to catch his breath. "Room 316." She replied. He ran over to the room and put his hand on the doorknob. Cautiosly, he twisted open revealing a patient laying on the bed. He felt his stomach churn as he watched the cords connected to Airi body.

"My gosh." He whispered approaching the bed. Airi turned and looked up. "Hi, Taemin." She said forcing a weak smile. Sitting in the closet cair, he reached out and touched her hand. "What happened?" He asked meeting her gaze. "Sulli and her gang beated me up and I sufffered harsh beatings from my brother. So I went through  Critical Condition at the hospital. If your friend Minho didn't bring me here, I would of been dead." She told him.

A tear strolled down his cheek, on to his lap. "Airi, I'm so sorry. I-It's my fault." He said choking on his tears. Airi moved her hand and caressed his cheek. "It's okay, you never ment any harm. "Yes I did, I've hurted you and teased you as these years." He said closing his eyes.

*

Blood trickled from the side of recieving another blow. She flinched back in pain holding her cheek. "How many times have I told you to never talk back to me?" Her brother said hitting her across the head. "But I didn't."  She whispered.

His nostiral flared as he came infront of her. Bending down, he grabbed a section of her hair and pulled her up making Airi meet his glare. "I don't care, iif with are related or not, learn to respect your elders!" He said throwing her across the room. 

"Again, I'm sorry." She said. Her brother gave her one last look before walking away. Forcing heself to sit up, she sat against the wall with her head plopped onto her knees. 

"I need someone to take me from this hell hole." She whispered softly.

*

Her hand clasped over his making Taemin look up at her. "Remember the times hwne we had fun?" She said. He cocked his head to the side, trying to understand her. "Oh yeah, when we went to the park and stuff." 

"Also when we pranked Ms. Jung?" She saud trying to stiffle her laughter. Taemin smiled as continued listening to her. 

 

*

Taemin grabbed her hand and pulled her into the classroom. He watched as Airi walked over to the teacher and stodd infront of her. "Miss, I saw something  von your car window, like a notice or something." Airi said looking her in the face. Ms.Jung jumped and grabbed her keys. "My car!" She shrieked running past Airi. 

Taemin clutched his stomach and slid to the floor. A smile appeared on his, then busted  out in laughter. "You should of seen her face!" He cried.

"But do you know once she returns, we're, mostly like YOU, are in trouble?" Airi said.

He stopped laughing and gazed at her. "Nope, it's us, now let's run." 

Slowly, they left the classroom but to be stopped by their teacher. "You two-"

"Run!" Taemin said as he grabbed Airi's hand then began running.

"You two are in detention!" She yelled as they turned the corner. 

*

He smiled recalling the memory. 

"But remember the times we fought?" She asked facing the window.

His smiled slid off his face and removed a strand of hair that laid on her face. "I'm remember, but their were times I wished we haven't. What could I do to make you happy?" He replied.

*

He began marching back and forth then looked at the clock. "Nine fifty-five." He said then kicked a chair in frustration. He paced back and forth again before leaving for his room.

Her fingers pressed against the door knob, cautiosly pushing the door open. She slid through the crack and close it. Turning around she tip-toed  through the living room. Walking into the kitchen, the light flickered on revealing Taemin standing in the door way. "Where were you?" He questioned.

"I was visitng someone." Airi said keeping her head down.

"That's it?" He asked tapping his foot impatiently. "I let you stay here, trying to keep  you abusive brother away from you and this is how I get repaid?"

"Well, no one said you could help." Airi mumbled.

"You know do what, do you want to do, I don't give a damn about what happens to you." His nostirals flared then marched from her sight.

"I hate you, Taemin." She said sliding on the floor.

His smile fell and tighten the grip on her hand. "I  was such a and I'm  sorry." He apologized. "I told  you it's okay, Taemin. You've already made me happy."

Silence filled the entire room, the only thing you could hear was the clock, going tick tock tick tock. "I love you." Taemin said.

Airi's eyes widen, not knowing what to say. He bent down and brushed his lips against hers. She froze not knowing what to do.

Her body began to shake, Taemin leaped from the seat and ran towards the door. "Nurse!" He hollered.

A few seconds later, a nurse and a doctor appeared. The doctor came and closed the curtains that surrounded them. "I'm afraid you have to leave." The nurse said pushing him out.

'Airi, don't leave.'  

Thirty minutes later, the doctor came out and shook his head. "I'm sorry, she didn't survive." And patted his back.

Taemin fell to the ground and clasped his head with his handd. "Airi , why'd you have to leave?"

Tears escaped from his eyes then wiped them.

"Can I have a piece of paper and a pen?" He asked the nurse. The nurse nodded and gave him the matereials."

"Dear Airi,

I know I've been a cruel person for all those years. And I'm sorry, I love you with all my heart. I reflected from all the things I did. God is in your hands for now on. I can't write much but I love you for now until I die.

Sincerely Lee Taemin."