[Mihyo] Gamer

Twice One-shots

Mina hardly ever left her dorm. Spending most of her time either studying or gaming, she only left the room for lectures or meals.

Until this very day. All hell went loose when her laptop would not start. Usually it would not be of such a big deal. But why on this very day and time? The greatest event since the release of the game was starting in about 30 minutes and here she was with a faulty laptop. Mina decided that she would have to settle for the gaming cafe down the street. Throwing a hoodie onto her body, she grabbed her wallet and dashed out of her dorm. She could not afford to miss the historical event. 

With 20 minutes remaining, she pushed opened the tinted glass doors leading to the cafe. Finding a vacant seat away from the large male community, she sat down and paid for her usage through the computer's payment system. Logging into her account, she checked her phone to see that she had 15 minutes left. Mina decided to buy a drink and some snacks to keep her occupied while the game was loading. She clicked the menu on the top right corner of the screen and chose a bowl of spicy rice cakes along with a bottle of green tea. Paying once again by the convenient system.

Mina leaned back onto the cushioned swivel chair while she waited for her food to be brought to her. She was finally at ease knowing she had a good 10 minutes before the event officially started. Not too long after, she heard a voice calling her computer number from behind her. Mina turned and saw her food and drink on the tray. 

"You ordered a bowl of spicy rice cake and green tea right?" Mina looked up to see a woman about the same age as her with the prettiest eyes and smile. She felt her heart beating faster as she slowly melted from the radiant smile she was receiving.

"Y-yes I did. Thank you." Oh my God why did I stutter?!, she thought as she reached out to get her food, hearing a you're welcome from the person who brought her the food walked away. She alternated placing her free hand on her burning cheeks in an attempt to cool down from the encounter while entering a game with 3 minutes left before it started. 

The event went well and Mina was glad that she manage to catch it despite the queue at the game's lobby. She logs out of her account and heads to return her tray to the counter. Mina sees her again, looking at what seemed like self written notes. She places her tray on the counter and that caught her attention.

"Oh! Thank you for returning your tray, not many do that here." The girl smiled as she put her notes down. Mina gave a smile back, rooted in front of the counter.

"You are from Seoul University?" The girl spoke again, pointing at the logo on Mina's hoodie.

"O-oh yes, are you?" Mina stuttered again.

"Yes! I'm studying psychology. I aim to be a child psychologist in the future. Hopefully I can help children." she's pretty, caring and smart, Mina gushes internally.

The girl's attention on Mina broke when someone placed an order. Mina took this as a sign to get going, thus taking her leave after saying her goodbyes to her as she pulled the tinted door open.

-

Upon reaching her dorm, Mina saw her roommate lounging on the bed, back from whatever lecture she had. Knowing that her roommate was fairly popular in the school, she decided to ask if she knew anyone from the psychology department.

“Hey Sana, do you perhaps know any girls studying psychology? With um, shoulder length hair?” Mina asked as she took off her hoodie.

Sana looked up from her phone and a smirk slowly formed on her lips. “Has my Minari found someone that interests her? I may or may not know but will you explain your sudden request?” Sana replied in a teasing tone. 

-

“That’s about it,” Mina said. “can you stop looking at me like that with your sparkly eyes?” Sana giggled and reached out for her phone. Scrolling through her followed list on instagram, she turned her phone around to face Mina.

”I think she’s the one you are looking for. Park Jihyo, am I right?” Mina remained quiet as she took Sana’s phone into her hand. “Wow, she’s pretty with long hair as well. Thanks Sana, you’re really helpful in times like this.” Memorising Jihyo’s instagram handle, she returned the phone to Sana as she took her own out of her pocket.

”Hey! Are you saying that I’m not helpful most of the time?” Mina chuckled at Sana’s silliness while sending a follow request to Jihyo.

-

“I really think that our meeting was aligned by the stars,” Mina softly mentioned, taking Jihyo’s hand under the night sky, Jihyo had decided to take Mina out for a picnic at a serene garden for their valentine’s date. “You know.., I’m really glad I took a step outside my comfort zone to initate the first connection. Sana was really proud of me.”

The two had got together after three months of being friends. Turns out that they actually had quite a number of acquaintances. Sana’s girlfriend, Dahyun was in the acapella club with Chaeyoung, a mutual friend of Mina and Jihyo. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were Mina’s orientation group leaders and Jihyo’s childhood friend. Momo tagged along with Mina and Sana and got to know Tzuyu an exchange student Chaeyoung was buddying with during their outings. 

Jihyo turned to face Mina, lean in, and gave Mina a light peck on the lips. “I was going to ask around if anyone knew you after my shift but you were faster. I’m really thankful for you and everything you have done in our 5 years. Belated valentine’s day baby.” Said Jihyo as she wrapped her arms around Mina and leaned in to kiss her again.

 

 

 

It’s my attempt in writing a fic after many yearsss. Do let me know your thoughts! :)))