One

Make It Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally July in Seoul, South Korea and life was good. But everything was about to change.

"So, what do you think?" Dahyun asked, earning disapproving looks.

"Chaeyoung? Again?" Jihyo paused as she let out a sigh. "Dahyun, the universe clearly does not want you and Chaeyoung to be together. Don't piss off the universe. The universe will slap you."

"Don't you think the universe got something more important to worry than my dating life?"

"Unless..." Nayeon cut in. "Your dating life is the glue holding the entire universe together. Woah, chills. Did anybody else get chills?" that earned more disapproving looks.

"Look, I realized that we've been down this road before. But the fact is, wherever I go, I always keep coming back to Chaeyoung. So, I got to do this." Dahyun was shocked when Jihyo slapped her. "Aw! What the hell?"

"That wasn't me, that was the universe."

The funny thing was, at that very moment, the universe was working on something. A storm...

"Jihyo's right, Dahyun. How many times are you going to watch this crush and burn until you say it's enough?" Nayeon might want Dahyun and Chaeyoung to be together, but she's tired of tending with a rejected Kim Dahyun.

"One more. One more time. One more big beautiful stupid romantic gesture. And then whatever she says, yes or no, that's it. If it's yes, great. If it's no, then I am done going after her...forever."

"So, what's this big beautiful stupid romantic gesture?" Jeongyeon joined in.

"I am going to make her...a mix CD." that earned some disgusted looks, making Dahyun chuckled. "I'm kidding, I have a plan. Jeongyeon unnie, I'm going to need your key to your shared apartment."

"Oh...kay." Jeongyeon grab her bag and handed a key to Dahyun. "What's the plan?"

"Well...remember the first night we went out together? When I stole her red and white clarinet from a bistro named Christmas?" the three nodded their heads.

"Yeah, that was awesome. But how are you going to top that?" Dahyun just gave Nayeon a smirk as she raised her eyebrows knowingly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She should be here any second." Dahyun said to the band that was holding red and white colored instruments. 

"Uhh...we're pretty hungry. When are we going to get our pizza?" Momo, the keyboard player, asked.

"Enough with the pizza talk, we've discussed about this. We'll go get pizza later, alright? Just..." a sound on the other side of that door made Dahyun stopped. She grab the bouquet of roses sitting on the couch and signed the band to keep quiet as she listened to Chaeyoung on the other side.

"Damn it." Chaeyoung muttered, making Dahyun confused so she looked around and saw the other key of the apartment. She heard Chaeyoung talks to someone on the phone. "Jeongyeon unnie, I need to use your key. I left mine inside the apartment...What do you mean knock? Ghosts aren't that smart, Jeongyeon unnie...Fine, yeah. I'll just knock. Whatever."

Dahyun almost jumped up when Chaeyoung knocked on the door. She rushed over to the front door and took a deep breath before opening the door slowly.

"Hi." Chaeyoung was obviously shocked seeing Dahyun on her apartment. Moreover with a band that was now playing a romantic music.

"Uh...hi." Dahyun chuckled at Chaeyoung's awkward greeting and motioned for her to come in. When the shorter girl was inside, she closed the doors and faced her immediately.

"Chaeyoung, listen. I have to say this, I need to say this. I mean, I've said it a couple of times before but it ended badly. But this is me, saying it again...through a band, and roses and surprises." Dahyun paused for a little before smiling her eyesmile. "I'm crazy about you, I think we should be together. What do you say?"

"YES! No? I don't know."

"Those were the three options." Chaeyoung laughed as she roll her eyes before looking around.

"Unnie, this is so--"

"I know."

"And the--"

"I know."

"With the--"

"I know."

"I mean, I was going to come home and watch some romantic movies, but now there's a band in my living room. And...I have to pee."

"Oh...I'm sorry." Dahyun turned around and made the band stop. "Uhh, go ahead. We'll...wait."

"Okay." Chaeyoung answered and walked towards the bathroom.

"Yeah, cause when we talk earlier, you said there will be pizza." Momo interrupted.

"No. I said, I'll get pizza you a pizza AFTERWARDS. Look, can we talk about this later? I'm sort of confessing my love here."

"Sure." Tzuyu, another keyboard player, turned to her bandmates and whispered. "We're not getting pizza." and just in time, Chaeyoung came back so they started to play again.

"Okay, let's talk." Chaeyoung started as she made her way infront of Dahyun.

"Okay." Chaeyoung cleared and motioned for the band, so Dahyun turned around and made them stop again. "Why don't you guys take 5? Have some pizza, I'll pay you later." the band stood up and made their way out.

"Thanks, guys. Sort of a big life decision. Love the red and white instruments, kind of an inside joke. Thanks." as soon as the band left, Chaeyoung faced Dahyun with an amused smile. "You're crazy."

"I know right."

"Ugh, it's not that I haven't thought about this. You know that I have, but let's look at this. We only just started to be friends again after you got into a fight with my ex."

"I know but, come on..."

"And we want different things. That's still there. That's not going away. What if we do this and if it doesn't work out, I'll lose you, both as lover and as a friend. I got to think about this."

"Okay, fine. Think about it on the plane. Let's go to Tokyo for the weekend, I'm serious." Chaeyoung gasped. "I'm kidding...it's Osaka."

"I can't go to Osaka, I'm going on a company party tomorrow night to celebrate Independence Day."

"I thought that thing was cancelled because of the storm."

"Well, it's back on."

"Since when?"

"Since an hour ago. Tropical Storm DC was sent back to the Pacific. And Somi is leaving the company so it'll be like our last night out. Plus, she gave some good words to the CEO for me. I need to be at that party for her, as a friend and as a gratitude."

"You're kidding me. Jeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter