fin

내 소원은 너인데

The last time she wished on Christmas day was spending the rest of her life by doing her business well. Being a mentor for everyone who wanted to be like her and travel around the world, just like her dream.

The last time he prayed on his birthday, he wanted to be a good writer. Leaving the romance life behind and focused on giving a good life to whom needed it the most while he was taking his time to travel and seek the meaning of life.

But the fate had another story for them and put another wish into their list. You. Three letters that caught their breaths stopping and the whole world seemed to stop. Then another wish came in their list tailing behind each other, making a new priority in their new life.

Just like now, when a white veil covered her face and white gown she wore, Chanyeol held his breath. Eyes were enchanted with the presence of his woman and almost weakened his body if he did not remember where he was right now. He should not embarrass himself in front of the family and friends who gather for his important day. The day he would make a vow before the altar and knot himself with the woman who became the centre of his life. The centre of his life, Chanyeol smiled at that thought. Who would think the man like him, busy for chasing his goals but ended up marrying a woman and had a beautiful romance which only appears in the myth and any soap operas that was too cheesy to watch.

“Here is your bride, Park Chanyeol,” the old man which was the father of his woman took him out of his thought, handing him his daughter, “please love her like I love her since the day she was born to this world. Please make him happy.”

“I will,” he said, no doubt and so sure about what he had said in front of the elder. He received his bride’s hand, then they faced the altar together.

“I promise to make you happy, noona,” he said again before the ceremony started. The bride smiled, feeling assured because she knew he would never break the words he had said, since the day they met. The day their world had changed. And they did not complain about the change, at the fact they were happy after that.

Chanyeol could not stop stealing a glance at his bride during the time. Even hiding under the veil, he knew how beautiful and breathtaking she would be and he could not wait to uncover as he wanted to see her so bad.

“Park Chanyeol…” she hissed.

He merely giggled and focused on the altar before them. “Sorry, I just can’t stop.”

“Really?”

He hummed. “I wonder…”

“About?”

“Our future children. I wish they have our eyes. I wish they have a beautiful story like us when at the first glance we know we find the destiny and the important part of our hearts.”

“Are you making a pick-up line on me?”

He shook his head. “No, but I am praying, right before this altar,” he told, “so the Lord will hear our prayer and help us to lead our children to find a love like we did.”

“You know you’re so sweet?”

“I know,” he smiled, “and you’ll face it for the rest of your life.”

“And I won’t get bored of it,” she said in reply, grabbing his hand and held it tight. Somewhere within her heart, she prayed the same as he did. Because she wanted to see her children as happy as her, happier than her and found a love like she did.

She wanted their children to have someone crying in happiness for their wedding day.

She wanted her daughter watching her groom crying in happiness as he took the veil and revealing the beautiful bride he would have whom he promised to make her happy as long as they lived together.

She wanted her son would cry in happiness as soon as he saw his bride walking down the aisle with her father. So, they would have the beautiful world that she and her husband had. Just like now when Chanyeol put a ring around her finger, his hand trembled as if he could not believe it was real and happening before his eyes. So did she. Even the veil was taken off, both of them were staring into each other’s eyes and lost for words. Eyes talked for them.

“I will love you as long as I live, Taeyeon,” he swore.

“So will I,” she whispered. They kissed for the first time in the new chapter of their life. It was not a good ending, but a good beginning for their life before chasing their shared dream; travelling around the world together.