1/1

Edgy

The sound of the door slide opening catches Kyungsoo’s attention, and he looks up from the sketchbook he’s holding to see the young man in tuxedo that has just entered the bar and takes his usual seat; at the left end. Kyungsoo immediately stands up and put a smile before going to face his customer.

“Good evening, gentleman.” He greets him.

The man just frowns in response. He slouches down and leans towards the counter, his right hand under his chin and his eyes focusing on the marble counter top. Kyungsoo can see that the man is dealing with something hard, the wrinkles on his forehead and the curves of his lips prove it.

“I take it that you’ll take the usual?” He asks politely. Kyungsoo has been serving the man for months now, thus the reason he has the man’s usual order remembered.

Rock. Whiskey. Unpretentious. Difficult to find, but will be frequented many times when they do find it.

That’s how he describes the drink.

But for some reason that is very much unknown, the young man ignores him completely as he taps on the counter with his lean, long fingers. Kyungsoo is seriously confused and a little annoyed by the man’s weird act.

“Sir, would you like a different drink, perhaps?” He tries again, his eyes looking at the man’s smooth and dark hair. The way his hair is slicked back with few strands left in front makes the man looks more attractive, and in contrast to Kyungsoo’s slightly messy and fluffy hair. This is the first time Kyungsoo has ever seen the man styled up his hair.

Back to the scene, the man is still ignoring Kyungsoo, much to Kyungsoo’s dismay. Deciding that it won’t be worth it to speak when he’s obviously being ignored by his customer, Kyungsoo just stands there awkwardly as he looks around and check the other customers with his eyes.

Then he looks back at him.

Few minutes pass, Kyungsoo finally let his mouth speak again as he asks, “Sir, do you have any drink in mind now?”

The man opens his mouth, about to say something but he is hesitating. His eyes still trained down on the counter. He closes his mouth, opens it, before closing it again and shockingly storms out of the bar, without a single word leaving his mouth.

Kyungsoo is left there completely dumbfounded, his mouth hang open slightly as he looks at where the man has disappeared.

What in the world?

He sighs and shakes his head, a bit hurt by how his favourite customer treats him like he’s just one of the air molecules. That was rude, he thinks. After all this time he’s been pining after the gorgeous male, months and months of serving him his favourite alcohol, rock, whiskey and unpretentious, then tonight he just left him there without saying anything.

He remembers that night when he saw the man for the first time, he was so awed by how graceful he walked and how classy his actions seemed. From that moment he knew that he’d just developed a huge crush on a stranger, a love at first sight.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, how lame does he sound now? The man doesn’t even care about him, he doesn’t even know the man’s name and vice versa.

He is about to go back to his sketchbook when the bell chimes again.

When he looks up, it’s the man again.

Except his time, instead of completely treating Kyungsoo like a gush of wind, he goes at the left end again and looks at Kyungsoo, straight to his eyes.

Kyungsoo stop breathing, the dark twinkling eyes that looks deep in his eyes makes his stomach feels funny.

“I made a huge mistake.” The man says all of the sudden.

Kyungsoo stares back at him, he’s trying to tell the man to keep going but the way he’s looking at Kyungsoo makes him speechless, he can feel blood rushing up his neck. He’s probably blushing hard right now.

“I’m sorry.” The slick haired man apologises out of the blue and that makes Kyungsoo even more confused.

“Sorry for what?” His voice finally comes out of his mouth, he stands up straight and clears his throat, all in an awkward looking movement. The man is still staring at him and Kyungsoo can’t quite read him.

“I think I like you.”

H chokes on his own saliva.

“, I’m sorry. Shouldn’t have blurted that out just like that.” The man says as his lips twitch up a little. Kyungsoo can see that the man feel more at ease now.

“Pardon me?” He asks, trying to make sure whether he heard him right before.

“I,” The man starts, leaning closer to the counter as he put both his hands on the counter.

“like,” Kyungsoo notices that the man is still getting closer, way too close that Kyungsoo fear the man could hear his loudly-thumping heart.

“you.” He finally finishes his sentence. His face so close that their noses are almost touching. Kyungsoo feels his heart almost burst.

 

Who would’ve expected, his crush likes him back. Delight is washing over him as a grin starts to appear on his face, the man mirroring his teeth showing smile.

 

“I’m a little offended. How is that a mistake?” He playfully asks, the nervousness in him suddenly flies out the window. He looks a little down to where the man’s lips are and the man, upon learning that Kyungsoo is looking at his lips, starts his lips slowly.

Bastard.

“Because I never told you that my name is Kim Jongin and I never give you my phone number? Tell you what, I’m no mathematician but I’m good with numbers. Give me your phone number and watch what I can do with it.” He grins, Kyungsoo feels like his pulse rocketing.

“Not for making me look like a fool when you ignored me completely?” He asks playfully, his heart is still beating fast. It’s a miracle that he didn’t stutter as he speaks. “I’ll give it to you later."

“Oh right, that too. You see, I was nervous to tell you my feeling and uh, my brain and my heart were having quite a fight so I kind of, you know..” He smiles sheepishly and rubs the back of his neck.

Kyungsoo laughs lightly.

“So, uh. Kiss me if I’m wrong, but you’re not into men right?”

Kyungsoo laughs again before pulling the man close to him.