Chapter 4

just in case you’re feeling the same

Jinwoo didn’t mean to kiss Mino. After all, he was the one who said Mino absolutely shouldn’t kiss himself without permission. But the moment he saw Mino blush so cutely and avert his gaze from Jinwoo when Seunghoon , he just wanted to fluster Mino a little further.

He notice Mino stiffening slightly the moment he realised Jinwoo was closing in  and after that, a even deeper flush taking over his cheeks.

God, he’s cute when he’s embarrassed. I didn’t even know he blushed so easily.

Seunghoon cracks up at Mino’s obvious flustered state and him bolting out of the room after he said his goodbyes. “Hyung, you’re really the best, the best!” Seunghoon stuck both thumbs up at him.

Noting Jinwoo’s puzzled looks, Seunghoon continued “I really never thought I see this shy side of Mino! Kim is a legend indeed. What did you even do to him today?”

“What?! We didn’t do anything. He just accompanied me to watch some dramas and eat dinner. And uh...” Jinwoo paused, thinking if he wanted to share Mino comforting him on his bad day.

Taking a deep breath, Jinwoo continued “And I was having kinda a bad day today, y’know those days where everything just goes wrong? And Mino kinda comforted me, so yeah...He’s a really good friend.”

“Friend?”

Jinwoo was so caught up in relieving his memories he didn’t even realised he referred to Mino as a friend. “A boyfriend can be a good friend too, please.” Jinwoo quickly corrects himself.

-

From Kim Jinwoo MN2304, 11.04pm: Hope that cheek kiss wasn’t too much! >.<

Jinwoo’s text came just as Mino was reaching his dorm. Reading the text, Mino felt his cheeks warm up. Mino touched his cheek subconsciously, and immediately brought it down as he realised he was replaying the scene in his mind, again and again.

‘My first time getting kissed by a guy huh…’ Mino thought to himself.

-

The next day during lunch, with Seunghoon somehow tagging along, Jinwoo brought up that auditions for Little Prince musical is finally opening soon and the audition routine was already out. He had showed them the video and they were discussing tips for Jinwoo to practise a little by himself before Mino could help him.

During the conversation, Jinwoo would occasionally touch Mino, most frequently when he was laughing. Mino didn’t mind, as Jinwoo would usually just hit him a few times on the arm or lean into his shoulder. But today, during a random point in conversation, Jinwoo’s hand reached out to Mino’s hand, wrapped around his thumb and it twice, before swiftly extracting his hand.

Maybe it was relevant to what they were talking about, but Mino’s mind blanked out the moment Jinwoo’s hand touched his. He could no longer concentrate on the conversation, only thinking about why on earth did Jinwoo his thumb.

“So, Mino are you free? Mino? Mino!” Jinwoo waved his hands in front of a glassy-eyed Mino.

“Huh, what? What?” Mino finally snapped to attention.

“Hyung asked you like twice if you’re free tomorrow to help him with the routine!” Seunghoon replied, quirking an eyebrow at him, “What are you even thinking about so intensely, Song Mino?”

Recalling what he was actually thinking about, admittedly at a very intense level, Mino stammered, “Uhh just about studies, man, I have a load of readings to do. How am I gonna finish them all and stuff. And yeah I’m free tomorrow!”

“Since when you do readings?!” Seunghoon snorted, “Has the sky fallen down?!”

“Since Jinwoo hyung! I gotta study hard like him!” Mino mentally gives himself a pat on the back for fudging such an excuse on the spot.  Seunghoon actually took the bait, immediately cooing how whipped Mino is for Jinwoo, so loud that neighbouring tables turned to stare and giggle, much to Mino and Jinwoo’s embarrassment.

-

Mino enters the dance studio to the sight of Jinwoo dancing in a sleeveless hoodie and he wonders how will he get through the whole dance session without being incredibly distracted by Jinwoo’s biceps. Jinwoo usually wore baggy tshirts around school, and he didn’t even know if Jinwoo worked out.  But damn, he definitely worked out if he had biceps like this…

“Mino-yah! You’re here.”

“Oh hyung! Why don’t you show me what you’ve practiced first?”

The practice went on somewhat smoothly, until it got to the couple dance part.

“What little prince musical has a couple dance?!”

“I don’t know man, but I really need practice, I’ve never done a couple dance before? Unless middle school dances count.”

“Er well, you’re gonna have to practice with me though…”

“I’ll just pretend you’re a girl. A very tall one.” Jinwoo giggles as he wound his arm around Mino’s waist.

Halfway through the dance, in a particularly intricate move requiring quick steps, Jinwoo trips on Mino’s feet and flails, grabbing onto Mino’s arm for balance. Unfortunately, Mino fails to catch his balance and goes down together, falling on top of Jinwoo. He manages to brace himself with his arms from collapsing completely on Jinwoo, but his face lands on Jinwoo’s shoulder.

“Owww…” Jinwoo groans beneath him.

“Hyung, hyung! Are you alright? Did you hit your head?” Mino pushes himself up and cradles Jinwoo’s head.

“I managed to land on my , so only I slight thumped my head. Oof but my …”

At that exact moment, a creaking of the  dance studio door was heard.

“Can’t believe I forgot my water bottle again…oh my god!”

Both of them look towards the voice and finds Donghyuk standing there, with one hand shielding his eyes.

“Hanbin hyung was totally right…you hyungs really can’t control yourselves huh…” Donghyuk peeks at them through the slits between his fingers as he scuttles across the room to his water bottle left in a corner.

“Aish this isn’t what you think! Jinwoo hyung fell down. Really!” Mino hurriedly scrambles off Jinwoo.

“ Sure hyung, sure . Anyway I’m going off, don’t mind me. Don’t do anything too, y’know, there’s cameras in here I think.” Donghyuk scoots out the room as fast as he can.

Noticing Jinwoo is still lying on the floor, Mino helps Jinwoo sit up. Jinwoo gives a slight grimace of pain and holds the back of his head. “Argh I think I did hit my head, it’s like slightly thudding now.”

Mino moves even closer and holds Jinwoo’s head gently, slightly gently massaging the back of Jinwoo’s head. This position puts Mino directly staring at Jinwoo, in close proximity. Instead of staring elsewhere, Mino holds Jinwoo’s gaze, softening it slightly.

Jinwoo grows shy and averts his eyes. Clearing his throat, he grabs on Mino hand. “I think I’m okay now. I guess that’s enough practice for one day.”

-

A/N:

I'M SO SORRY this took 4 months to update ;; I just got a new job in August and finally had some time to continue this. I don't know when I can update again, but I'm aiming for within a month.

you can catch me on twitter in the meantime. thank you for reading and comments are really appreciated! esp if you have suggestions on how the story is going bc I have terrible writer's block right now :/