iT’s yOu

tHe lEttER

A/N: Where a certain blonde finds home in another person's arms.

 

 

It's in the middle of the night where Lisa drives out her building and goes to her Mom's favourite place. 

 

"That God blessed the broken road, that led me straight to you." 

 

-

 

Lisa couldn't sleep. She feels as if she was paralyzed and everything just seemed to be slowing down. She felt as if the world is suffocating her and consuming everything inside. As she takes a deep breath and stares at the ceiling... she sighs and at long last, takes the courage to stand up. 

 

She finally gets into her car and drives out of her building to potentially find comfort someplace else. Now, the thing is, what is comfort? Is it a place where people go to find peace and quiet and answers? Possibly. But for Lisa, comfort is her.

 

Home is her.

 

Time check: 12:51 A.M

 

To Lisa, life has never been too kind for her. She has never had a good day in her life except for that time where her mother took her to that one particular ice cream store that they both loved so much. Loved. Her mother who raised her and her brother alone passed away two years ago and at this same night Lisa goes out to that store to try and re-live those times where she was happy.

Those times where she felt safe and sound knowing her mother was always there no matter what comes may. 

 

-

 

Now, isn't it a little late for an ice cream parlour to be open? For her, she keeps it open for that one certain person who always seemed to be lost. At first sight, she noticed those eyes. Those eyes which always seemed so expressionless, but for Jennie, she first noticed the vulnerability, the sadness that go along with those big brown eyes. It was those eyes that caught her in an instant. It was those eyes the brought them closer together. Her short blonde hair, with her messy bangs that go up to her perfectly shaped brows; the golden blonde hair that belonged to a particular woman that Jennie is very fond of. Her pointed nose that outlines every single aspect of her perfectly shaped face. Those cheeks that make would make you want to squish all day long. Oh man. Those lips, those plump lips that seemed so full, so red, and very inviting. 

 

"Can I help you with anything Manoban?" asks the lady behind the counter. Obviously knowing the reason why that particular someone is there in the middle of the night in the cold wintertime, she still asks because she knows that's what she needs right now. Someone to listen. 

 

"I'll have the usual please." Said Lisa, as she takes out her wallet but Jennie, knowing that Lisa has not had enough sleep, caught her hand.

 

"No need. It's almost closing time anyways." She said giving Lisa her money back. "Thanks."

 

"It's been two years, Jennie." Lisa says as she sits down on their usual table that Jennie keeps unoccupied the whole day because she knows how special that space is for Lisa.

 

"Hey, I'm here." says Jennie. 'I have always been here,' she said to herself. As she sits beside the younger girl and let Lisa take comfort on her shoulder, she tried to make her feel better by singing her a song. Lisa loved hearing Jennie's voice. Her voice is soothing, it is the kind of voice that she would love to wake up to in the morning. The kind of voice that could make her feel alive. The kind that you would only hear in heaven; exaggerated description perhaps, but for Lisa, it was all she has ever needed. 

 

Jennie's singing was cut short when Lisa takes her small hands and intertwined them with hers. 

 

"Thank you." Two powerful pair of words that are enough for Jennie to hear.

 

-

 

Lisa loves Jennie. That's a fact. She has always been mesmerized by Jennie's beauty since the first time she saw her. Jennie is the only best thing that has ever happened to Lisa in her whole life. Jennie was always there even if she constantly pushed people away. Jennie is an example of a persistent person, she was completely captivated by Lisa's whole being that she wanted to be with her every single day. She wanted Lisa to know that she was never alone. She never wanted Lisa to feel alone and terrified of the world. For that, Lisa fell more deeply in love with her. 

 

-

Flashback

It was a cold afternoon when Lisa decides to go out to her mom's favourite place. As she walks through the entrance, she noticed an unfamiliar woman standing next to the counter talking to one of the managers whom Lisa has been friends with since forever. 

 

"Yo Lalisa! Why are you here? Don't you have work right now?" asks Jisoo, her longtime friend. 

 

Lisa stands dumbfounded, mesmerized by that lady's gummy smile that seemed to light everyone's day, a certain girl who seemed to be confused in her surroundings. As Lisa continues to stare at the girl, she contemplates about how that one smile could automatically put a smile on Lisa's face.

 

*SMACKS* 

 

"YA! Why are you ignoring me you stupid!? And why in the world are you smiling like an idiot? Staring at nothing!? Or perhaps..." an eager Jisoo asks as she playfully hits Lisa on her forehead breaking the latter's daydream. 

 

“YAH! Jisoo Kim! Stop hitting people for kimchi’s sakes!!!” Chaeyoung, Jisoo’s longtime partner exclaimed.

 

"Sorry I was just thinking about something. By the way, who is she?" Lisa asks as she points to the counter, to that certain person who seemed to have captivated Lisa's eyes.

 

"I knew it! Ok. I'm not even going to bother to ask you why. But yes, that girl you've been staring at for quite a while now, which is creepy to be honest is... Jennie Kim, the new owner of the shop." She said eyeing the lady at the counter who is slowly making her way to Jisoo and Lisa's trance. 

 

"Hey Jisoo eonnie! I have been wandering around the area for quite some time now... Oh sorry did I interrupt something?" She said looking at the girl across Jisoo who seemed to be very enamoured by Jennie's beauty. 

 

"Oh no! This is one of my best friends, Lisa. She's a regular here." Jisoo exclaimed.

 

"Hi! My name's Jennie by the way, I hope I get to see more of you here. Regular costumers are needed for newly proclaimed 'owner' to tell them about their new surroundings and you know, maybe help them get better managing the shop." Jennie nervously blurted out while extending out her hand to Lisa who, by the way is still frozen, left dumbfounded by Jennie's cat-like eyes. Damn those eyes. 

 

"Hey, name's Lalisa, but you can call me Lisa for short or anything you want really." She exclaims feeling nervous and excited at the same time that she'll be seeing more of Jennie in the future. As she accepts the extended hand, she feels as if she finally found what she's been looking for her entire life. 

 

 

-

 

"Hey! Are you feeling okay, babe?" Jennie asks as she lifted Lisa's face to meet her eyes that Lisa fell in love with. 

 

Lisa looked up and saw the worried look Jennie was showing. "Don’t worry about me, I'm fine. It's just that, I had trouble sleeping earlier. So stop worrying okay? You're here with me, and that's enough for me. Why are you still open by the way?" 

 

"I was waiting for you." says Jennie as she gave her a comforting kiss between their intertwined hands. "I know how much this day still pains you and I wanted to be here you know? It hurts me that I can't do anything to make it better, love. But all I know is that I am here with you. I am willing to share your pain if you'd only let me." 

 

"Hey, look at me." Lisa lifts up Jennie's face as she tells her everything she has always wanted to say. "It has been two years since she passed but somehow as years go by, I start to realize that nothing's ever going to happen if I let the pain continue to consume me. Truth is, I never once even imagined that somehow, somewhere I'd finally let go and move on. And that you Jennie Kim, are the reason why I am who I am this moment. I was always afraid of letting people in and you know that." She cries out. 

 

"But you happened. You came along unexpectedly, with that gummy smile of yours that I love so much." She says as she watches that smile on Jennie's face that she loves seeing. "Jennie Kim, you are the sole reason why I am still here breathing the same air with you. You made me realize that there is more to life than there is. You are the reason why I am able to have the courage to hold your hand knowing that I would never have to be afraid of the world anymore. I never once imagined that I, of all people would be so lucky to have met you and to be given the chance to love you." She confessed letting her plump lips meet Jennie's. She kissed her as if her whole life depended on it. She kissed her as if letting her know that she is never going to let anything get a hold of the both of them. She kissed her right then, full of passion, content, wonder and love. 

 

-

 

In life, we seem to always have this fear of the unknown. It is in our nature as humans to be so terrified of the world. Sometimes, it may seem like the world is closing in on you and you would feel trapped no matter what you do. But the thing is, you can't always let fear get the best out of you. We let our fear take control of our pain, of everything really.  But in reality, the truth is, as cliché as it sounds, sometimes we just have to start letting people in and have the courage to reach out. We are all terrified of the world, of our past, and somehow the idea of oblivion. But what's a small facet of life such as fear compared to love right?

 

Lisa finally stands up, reaching out her hand for Jennie to take.  

 

"Let's go home." 

 

Lisa, who is now ready to take on the world with the girl who has always been there through every shed tear, through those sleepless nights where Lisa wanders around looking for a place to call home. She is now ready to face another day and knowing that she will have Jennie by her side the whole course of the ride, she finally felt the love she has always dreamed of ever having. She felt at peace, content and fulfilled having Jennie by her side. 

 

-

 

They paved their way to the door with hands intertwined with each other, ready to face life as it is and start the new day knowing they had one another; and for them, that was enough. 

 

 

END.