I'm not going to leave you behind

I'm not going to leave you behind

 

“Fu Jing I’m scared.” Xuan Yi whispers. She didn’t want anyone else to hear it but the said girl. She was so scared the other girl wouldn’t make it, she is so afraid of not ever getting to see her again. They are on the backstage right before the final rankings are going to be announced. Fu Jing turns to look at her, worried.

 

“You have nothing to worry about. I know you are going to make it.” Fujing says with a small smile on her face. She reaches for Xuan Yi’s hand and takes it in her own. It never fails to make Xuan Yi’s heartbeat fasten.

 

“But what about you?” Xuan Yi asks, “What- what if you don’t make it?” she continues speaking while trying to fight the tears welling in her eyes. “I-I can’t do this without you.”

 

Fu Jing pulls the latter in a tight hug, soothingly rubbing her back. “You are a strong woman, you can do it and you have Mei Qi on your si-”

 

“I know, I know but I-I need you by my side. This can’t be it, this show is so, so cruel.” Xuan Yi says in between quiet sniffles. “You- you have to make it, I have grown so fond of you” she chuckles sadly, “You have no idea how much I like you.”

 

Fu Jing smiles at the small confession. She lets the other girl cry on her shoulder. “You have no idea how much I like you too. I don’t actually just like you I love you” she whispers in Xuan Yi’s ear who hugs her tighter. “I love you too, so so much” she says quietly but loud enough for Fu Jing to hear it. She smiles widely and looks over at the other girls in the room. Many girls are in similar positions as Xuan Yi and Fu Jing, crying and hugging each other. Beautiful friendships have been made in here and relationships too. Fu Jing turns to look at Mei Qi who is talking with Yamy. Those two have also became inseparable. Mei Qi glances over at the them with worry in her eyes once she sees Xuan Yi weeping on the other girl’s shoulder.

 

‘ Is she okay? ‘ Mei Qi mouths at Fu Jing who just nods a few times with a sad smile. Mei Qi nods back and gives her a thumbs up, returning to talk with Yamy.

 

Fu Jing knows whatever happens at least Xuan Yi will have Mei Qi with her. She can trust Mei Qi to take care of her Xuan Yi even if she is older than the said girl. Those two have an unbreakable bond.

 

“Everything is going to be okay.” Fu Jing softly Xuan Yi’s hair. “I promise everything will be okay.” She whispers.

 

After a few minutes Xuan Yi lifts her head up and looks at the other girl with puffy eyes full of love. “Whatever happens I’m not going to leave you behind.”

 

---

 

“FU JING”

 

When Fu Jing heard her name, she couldn’t believe it, she had been so afraid of being eliminated that she didn’t even consider making it. More than being eliminated she was afraid of losing Xuan Yi, they have something special and she is not willing to let that go.

 

She is surrounded by warm hugs and congratulations from the other girls. She can’t believe this is actually happening. She looks for Xuan Yi in the crowd and sees Xuan Yi happily smiling at her, that beautiful smile.

It’s a bit embarrassing how she basically threw herself on Xuan Yi wrapping her arms around the other girl and crying softly on her shoulder.

 

“You made it!”

 

“I said everything will be okay.”

 

“And I said I’m not going to leave you behind.”