(_|_)

Home Run
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-*-

 

The sight of the empty music room brought a smile to her face. Taeyeon was greeted by a cool breeze when she opened the only window in the room. Finally, some peace and quiet from everything outside this very room. However, today was a bit different. She didn’t realized that she had forgotten to lock the door when a visitor came barging to the room, witnessing the sight of her pulling off her hairband just in time when they turned away from the window.

 

…!

 

Holy–

 

“May I help you?” Taeyeon didn’t know whether she should be surprised or curious upon seeing who came to drop by.

 

It’s Kim Hyoyeon…?

 

“O–Oh!” The visitor who was indeed Hyoyeon, came back to their senses when Taeyeon was snapping their fingers upon noticing she was looking at them for too long without a word. “Sorry for intruding! I–I was just trying to find Tiffany.”

 

“Tiffany? Ah, she’s not here.” Taeyeon replied. “As you can see.”

 

“Right…” Hyoyeon looked around the place though there’s nothing much to look at. Except for the pretty one by the window though.

 

How can someone be so–

 

Taeyeon randomly tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear when silence took over the atmosphere. She nodded awkwardly as a greeting though it was a little late for that already. Obviously Hyoyeon was once again looking at her in awe; they were totally mesmerized by Taeyeon at this point.

 

Beautiful?

 

“You know,” Taeyeon spoke, trying to make Hyoyeon realized how much they were staring too much at this point. “I think I would feel less pressured if you mind to stop staring at me like that.”

 

“Oh shi–I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. I–I swear I’ve never seen someone as pretty as you around school before.” Hyoyeon hoped that didn’t came out entirely as a confession though it was a true fact.

 

But Taeyeon think the opposite. “Really?” Her tone sounded as if she was amused.

 

“Yes?” Hyoyeon answered unsurely. Uh-oh. Have they met before this? Have they talked before? She was trying so hard to remember it that somehow Taeyeon looked as if they just read her mind.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon, captain of our school’s baseball team. I sit right behind you in class. Does that give you enough hint that we’ve seen each other many times before?” Taeyeon asked, a smirk was visible on her face.

 

…!

 

Way to go, Hyoyeon.

 

“I–” She sighed in defeat, her shoulders dropped in embarrassment. “I’m sorry. I didn’t even realized.”

 

Taeyeon wanted to tease them more but she just chortled in the end. “It’s fine. We don’t even talk to begin with. Plus, you’d leave right away as soon as the bell rang. Practice maybe?”

 

“Yeah.” Hyoyeon huffed her cheeks and leaned against the door frame with her arms crossed. “But still, I should have at least know my classmates. Especially you since your desk is just behind mine.”

 

“Nah, it’s totally fine. I don’t talk much. People will only know my existence if I talk to them.” Taeyeon smiled, pretending as if it doesn’t bother them. She actually doesn’t though. “And I’m completely fine with that.”

 

Hyoyeon shook her head in guilt. She should have known Taeyeon sooner. Now she has the interest to be their friend and asked them out someday.

 

Wait what?

 

“Hyoyeon?”

 

“Y–Yeah?” Hyoyeon faked a cough as she stood up straight. She gave a smile when Taeyeon was looking at suspiciously. “Uh…”

 

“Weren’t you looking for Tiffany earlier?” Taeyeon reminded the captain’s mission.

 

“Right! Tiffany.” Hyoyeon almost forgot about it. She silently blamed Taeyeon who was so pretty in her eyes that she wouldn’t want to stop staring at them just yet. But she bothered them too much already so she should probably leave now. “I should get going now.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow in class, Taeyeon!” Hyoyeon flashed her signature smile followed by a playful wink. “Can’t wait to stare at you as much as I could.”

 

…!

 

“What?”

 

Hyoyeon shrugged playfully before she finally took her exit, leaving her classmate completely shocked upon her sudden statement.

 

…?

 

--

 

“Kim Hyoyeon, face the front this instant!”

 

“I already am, miss.”

 

“Yah!”

 

Taeyeon wanted to hide so badly. Hyoyeon weren’t kidding what they said yesterday. As soon as they arrived, they did nothing but looking at Taeyeon the entire time. Even now, when it was time for class. She took a glance around the whole room and noticed everyone was as surprised as she was upon Hyoyeon’s behaviour. Taeyeon noticed how the teacher was sending her signals through their eyes, telling them to instruct Hyoyeon herself since the captain was disobeying them.

 

“Kim Hyoyeon.” Taeyeon called them out softly. “Turn around.”

 

“But I already am.” Hyoyeon smiled happily, not bothering much about the attention around them.

 

Taeyeon sighed before she whispered to the captain, “I wouldn’t talk to you again if you don’t turn around this in–”

 

Hyoyeon quickly turned her chair around, finally facing the front before Taeyeon could finish their sentence. “I’m all ears, miss! Sorry!”

 

“Tsk. Let’s continue.” The teacher shook her head at Hyoyeon’s sudden change of appearance. She didn’t forget to give Taeyeon a thumbs up as a job well done before continuing her class. It made Taeyeon to smile in amusement.

 

“Crush?” The person who was in front of Hyoyeon turned around just as their teacher faced the whiteboard.

 

“Future girlfriend.” Hyoyeon replied smoothly and high fived with them mutely.

 

Taeyeon pretended she didn’t just overheard that and ignored the sudden smile that was lingering on her beaming face.

 

--

 

Much to Taeyeon’s surprise, Hyoyeon was trailing behind her like a puppy following their owner on a walk after class ended. She was trying her best to act as if she didn’t realized the baseball captain’s presence behind her and also pretended to wonder why were people staring at her direction as she walked passed them. But her plan failed just as Hyoyeon started to walk next to her, looking at her with an innocent smile. Since they showed no sign of walking away from them soon, Taeyeon decided to stop on her tracks.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be practicing now, Kim Hyoyeon?”

 

“Yup.”

 

Taeyeon was puzzled. But Hyoyeon was just standing there, beaming a smile to them. “Then…why are you still here?”

 

“Now that you’ve talked to me, can I have your number?”

 

“My number, huh?”

 

“Yup!”

 

Taeyeon smiled upon seeing how well prepared Hyoyeon was when they took out a small piece of paper and a pen. She accepted the things and jotted down a phone number whilst Hyoyeon was eagerly waiting for it.

 

Once Taeyeon was done, she returned back the things to Hyoyeon who then bowed at her before sprinting off in excitement, yelling; “I got her number!”

 

“Wait, Hyo–” Taeyeon sighed once she realized Hyoyeon was already gone. “Oh well.” She chortled to herself before making her way to the music room.

 

“Taetae, wait up!” Tiffany came running down the stairs when she spotted her friend. “I have a new song that I would like the both of us to sing!”

 

Taeyeon took the music sheets and examined it. “Looks promising. Should we bring Seohyun along as our pianist?”

 

“I have informed her earlier. She’s probably waiting for us already!” Tiffany chirp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter