one of one

Slumber Romance

Sana was rounding up the sheep at her farm. She counted them once, twice, and a third time to make sure all the little fluffballs were brought back. She giggled and gave each of them a kiss on the head as she checked them off her list. But her count came up short; only 19 out of 20 sheep.

From the corner of her eye, she saw something white and round disappear into the backwoods. Her father will kill her if he knew she lost a sheep.

Sana quickly ran into the forest after the ball of wool. She chased and chased and was able to eventually gain distance on the little guy and capture him back. Unfortunately, however, all the running around had her lost in the thicket of trees. She walked in the opposite direction for a while, hoping to be able to get back to the farm.

She finally reached a clearing with her sheep, but the area was unfamiliar to her. All the surrounding grass and shrubbery were dead in this area, except for a bed of flowers. Upon closer inspection, Sana realized that there was actually a girl laying down on those flowers.

Sana walked up to the serene girl, who was outfitted in an elegant, regal white dress. Trying to get an even closer look, she accidentally tripped, knocking over some flowers in the process of rebalancing herself. The flowers fell down to the ground and immediately turned gray and died.

Sana panicked and looked at the direction of her sheep to see if he was still alive. She called out his name, "Watagashi-san!" and there he was sitting by the edge of the bushes, perking up at the mention of his name. "Thank goodness, he's alive."

She felt jitters witnessing all the dead life around here. "This is so weird..." But she couldn't stay away from the beautiful resting maiden. She gasped under her breath, "Wow, she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!" But was the girl dead?

The girl's features were breathtaking, nothing like Sana had ever seen before. There were cute moles, randomly placed all over her face, creating a beautiful asymmetric pattern like the stars in the sky. Her skin was fair and flawless, her pink lips looked plump, and her brown hair was swept off to the sides with her bangs neatly trimmed, framing her delicate face. She was in complete awe.

Sana carefully reached out and poked the girl's cheek lightly to see if she was alive. The girl didn't budge, but she didn't seem dead. Her face felt really soft and warm. Sana's heart started beating faster.

Worried that she might have been too creepy from admiring the sleeping figure so much, Sana snapped out of her thoughts.

"Hello? Up, up wake up! It's not safe to sleep here." Sana gently shook the girl, but did not get a response.

She thought it would be too dangerous for a beautiful girl to be lying there. What if she got hurt?

At that moment, a giant toad hopped from a nearby bush and croaked, "You! I need your help! What is your name!"

Sana tripped several feet back and shrieked, "AHHH! What– who– h-how can you talk!?"

"Calm down, what is your name, girl?"

"S-Sana... how could a toad speak to a human??" Sana gaped incredulously at the toad.

"Well Sana, I am actually human. My name is Yoo Jeongyeon and I was cursed by a witch, who also happened to have cursed my princess here. I was a maid working for Princess Myoui at the time–"

"No way, witches are real?"

"We also thought it was a myth as well. Anyway, you must help u–"

"How could a human person turn into a toad? And–"

"If you want to know, I can tell you the story–"

"–such a fat one at that."

"WILL YOU LET ME TALK!"

Sana immediately zipped , but took a quick peek at the princess in fear that the booming voice would wake her.

"Anyway, as I was saying... It was her 18th birthday on that day and all her friends and family were invited to celebrate her coming of age. Unfortunately, an old witch showed up unexpectedly to ruin the party. She was hysterical and claimed that Princess Myoui stole her Prince Phillip."

"And did she?" Sana looked at Princess Myoui. The sleeping girl didn't look the type to do such a thing.

"No, obviously not."

"How is it obvious?"

"Simply because Princess Myoui is only fond of people her own gender."

"But that means... oh. OHHH!" So she does have a chance after all! Sana turned around and pumped her fist.

"So then, the crazy, old witch rambled on some incoherent language and pointed her finger at Princess Myoui. Guards were scrambling to attack the wicked, old witch and everyone was bewildered. But I knew exactly what was going on! The witch could not fool me!" The toad, Jeongyeon, animatedly explained.

"Since I am her maid and was a former squire, it is my duty to assist and protect when I can. So I jumped right in front of the princess to save her!"

"Hold on, if you jumped in front of her and turned into a toad, then why is she still cursed?"

The toad felt irritated that this overly curious girl kept interrupting her storytelling. "If you let me finish, then maybe you will find out!" she croaked out each word slowly, voice bubbling with irritation.

"Okay, okay sorry!"

"I was able to successfully block the curse from Princess Myoui and transformed me into a frog–"

"Toad," Sana quickly corrected as beckoned Watagashi-san over. She sat down and leaned back on her sheep.

Jeongyeon irritably cleared , "But she was quick enough to cast another spell before the guards were able to detain her. And then poof! She vanished into thin air."

Sana hummed absentmindedly. She felt her eyelids droop, unbeknownst to the toad-girl.

"The entire kingdom and people in neighboring villages were sad, for Princess Myoui was very well liked. She is the sweetest and most graceful girl who was completely selfless. So for months, his majesty's army and all the kingdom set out to all the lands to find his precious daughter. He–" Jeongyeon turned to see that Sana had fallen asleep.

"For goodness gracious! Either you interrupt me with your big mouth or you interrupt me by falling asleep!" she ribbitted at Sana.

"Huh? What? Oh, sorry, this story is just way too long. Can you skip to the good parts? Or the highlights?"

"THIS ISN'T A SHOW!" Jeongyeon croaked and Sana pouted for being scolded. Noticing this girl's inability to pay attention, she decided to cut to the chase.

"It was just recently that King Myoui was able to locate her here. She's not able to move from this spot, you see. They hired a wizard who would be able to diagnose the curse and hopefully lift her from it."

Sana suddenly became interested, "So? What is the diagnosis?" She took another glance at the princess. She couldn't keep her eyes off her.

"So the reason why she had fallen asleep was because the witch had cursed her, us, with the things we held dearly in our hearts. Princess Myoui was still a bit naive to have other things to care about, so the thing she held dearly was sleep. That's why the witch put her into a permanent slumber," Jeongyeon said solemnly.

"Poor girl. Such a beauty too. Did the wizard discover the cure?" Sana said heartbrokenly as she admired her sleeping form.

"Yes... the only way to wake her from her slumber is to have her soulmate give her the kiss of life. It was said that only her soulmate could give a particular reaction when they are near her. So the King would come each and every day with potential soulmates in an attempt to find 'the one' for her."

Sana's mind filtered out only the words, "kiss of life." It kept looping in her mind that she would get an opportunity to kiss a princess, or any cute girl for that matter.

"Wait a minute... Is this like... like one of those fairytale stories? Is she the sleeping beauty that I must wake up?? I GET TO KISS THIS PRETTY GIRL?!" Sana squealed in delight.

"Who said you get to kiss her with your peasant mouth!" Jeongyeon croaked. Sana realized Jeongyeon tended to croak whenever she got upset. Or maybe she was always loud and grumpy like that.

"If it's not me, then who! I might as well try, right? And you did ask me to help."

"I was hoping you can help look for others with much more..." Jeongyeon eyed Sana up and down with her beady little toad eyes, "class."

"Whoa! I'm totally classy!" Sana was offended. Sure she was just a farmer's daughter, but she wasn't a barbarian. "It'll just be a quick peck!"

"Look, Sana. Many people have tried already, including the highest classes of royalty. What makes you think you would be her soulmate?"

“I might not be, but I just don’t think it hurts to try.”

“It does hurt my princess!”

Sana ignored her whining and stepped towards the direction of the dormant princess. But before she could reach the sleeping beauty, a very boisterous voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Is this the cursed Princess that everyone is talking about!" the booming voice announced more than asked the question.

Several girls exited the forest and into the clearing. The one in front wore a lavish dress compared to the other two, who were outfitted in some light chainmail. The one in front asked, perhaps to the two following behind her.

"Yes, Princess Im," the paler one of the two responded. "This is Princess Myoui Mina, who wizards say that she will be able to awaken with true love's kiss."

"Perfect, Dahyun! When she awakes, she will realize that her savior is the beautiful, one-in-a-million, Princess Im Nayeon!"

That princess was awfully arrogant, though she was pretty, Sana will give her that much.

"Unless, I will be the one to wake her up," The shorter one chirped.

"As if that would be possible. Princess Myoui is much too far out of your reach, I'm afraid." Princess Im laughed pompously at her short companion.

Jeongyeon hopped over to interrupt immediately. "Who do I have the honor to speak with?"

Princess Im squeaked, only now noticing the ugly toad and peasant girl standing nearby. She scoffed, "How dare you not know the great Princess Im Nayeon of the Im Kingdom!"

"My sincerest apologies, milady," Jeongyeon said with a sharp tone, enunciating the last word. She was immediately not fond of this princess. Much too full of herself.

"I am Knight Kim Dahyun," the paler one of the three spoke as she kneeled.

"And I am Knight Son Chaeyoung," said the shortest one of them all, kneeling down as well.

"Ah, so you've heard about our Princess Myoui's curse I assume?"

"What do you think! Move out of the way, toad!" Princess Im barged her way through.

Sana, who was standing in the way of Princess Im was still too awestruck to speak. She has never in her life met so many royal persons from different kingdoms before.

"Move, peasant girl!" The pretentious princess shoved Sana out of her way.

Sana stumbled back with a scowl as this royal baboon and her lackeys, approach the beautiful sleeping maiden.

"Hello, there gorgeous. Well second-to-me gorgeous." Princess Im wasted no time at all and planted a firm kiss on the sleeping girl.

Sana felt a slight tinge of jealousy that she was not able to kiss the sleeping beauty first. Or, well, first out of everyone there at that moment.

Princess Im took a step back and nothing happened. She continued to stand around for a few moments, and still, nothing.

"How could this be!"

"Princess Im, if I may?" the pale knight, Dahyun, questioned.

"I am not done here!"

"We were hoping that if you are not able to wake her up, we both get a chance to try as well," the other knight, Chaeyoung, countered.

"I have not given such permission for you both to do so!"

The two knights looked at each other and decided not to argue when Princess Im wants things her way.

Jeongyeon cleared , "I'm sorry, but I must interject and say that if Princess Myoui hasn’t woken up, then you’re probably not her soulmate.”

For once, Sana was appreciative of this toad-girl's bluntness. Probably because they shared a mutual displeasure for Princess Im.

Princess Im spared a quick look of disgust in Sana's direction. "Oh, and who would it be? Her?" She jutted her thumb towards Sana.

“You think this rag doll of a human would be her soulmate over me?” Princess Im said, tilting her chin up.

Sana shot daggers at the obnoxious princess with her eyes.

"But it's true–"

"Listen, toad! My fortune teller told me that I will meet the woman of my dreams in this here forest and she will transform with a kiss from my lips. Have you no idea the struggles I had to brave through to find her!"

Princess Im ignored the toad's objections, which Jeongyeon was used to by now, for the farmer's daughter and Princess of the Im Kingdom have all disregarded her. She kissed the girl again and again, refusing to give up even though Princess Myoui would not wake up.

The two knights, Dahyun and Chaeyoung, approached the princess.

"I believe it's our turn to try now?" The fair-skinned girl spoke. Sana thought she seemed very polite and patient compared to the hot-headed Princess Im. Quite cute herself too.

"Ugh! Fine! But if I can't wake her, you both probably wouldn't be able to either!" Princess Im stomped over to the side.

Sana inwardly celebrated. At least I still have a chance and Princess Imp doesn't!

Knight Kim gave Princess Myoui a chaste kiss, but was still unresponsive.

"Told you," Princess Im remarked on the side, arms crossed.

Jeongyeon whispered to Sana, "Honestly, I'd much rather have a dummy like you be my princess's soulmate now. After witnessing this atrocity of a princess trying to claim her."

Sana was grateful for her blunt honesty, though she still didn't agree that she was a dummy.

Knight Son stepped up. For her small stature, she had a decent build and the air about her made her seem bigger than her actual size. She was not so bad either, in fact, quite a pretty girl, Sana noted.

The short knight gently touched her lips to the princess's lips. Yet again, the princess stayed unmoving.

Jeongyeon nudged Sana in the direction of the unconscious princess. "Go on."

“Really?!?” Sana said skeptically.

“I mean at this point, you might as well try,” Jeongyeon sighed, defeated.

"YES!" Sana cheered.

"This is absurd! There is no way this country-bumpkin is her soulmate!"

"As long as it's not Princess blimp!" Sana shot back.

Sana paced herself up the steps to the sleeping princess. She admired her form once again and took a deep breath to calm her fluttering heart. She gently parted Princess Myoui's fringe that neatly rested above her eyes and kissed her forehead. Sana took a step back to prepare herself for a waking princess. But she was met with the same stone-like girl.

"How could nothing have happened?"

"You idiot, are you a child!" Jeongyeon raised her voice, but the sound came out more like another croak. "Where do couples usually kiss?"

"Uh..." Sana tapped her chin. "Lips?"

"YES! AND WHY WOULD THAT EVEN BE A QUESTION!"

Sana flinched at the toad's loud voice. She turned around and took another deep breath. Then another breath. And another one.

"I need to mentally prepare because I'm abOUT TO kISS A REALLY CUTE GIRL AND I LOVE CUTE GIRLS AND SHE IS A PRINCESS TOOANDWEMIGHTBESOULMATES!" Sana spouted in a long string of words. She breathed in deeply once more to contain her glee.

"ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT OR WHAT!" The toad broke Sana out of her giddy thoughts.

"Okay, okay!! Geez!"

As much as Sana wanted to kiss the girl, she felt bad for taking advantage of this situation. So she apologized in a whisper, "I'm sorry to do this, but you understand that I might be able to wake you up, right? I think you and I are meant to be. I hope you are okay with this."

If Jeongyeon had real human feet, she would be tapping it so hard that the ground below her would crack. Unfortunately, her webbed toes don't tap, as much as makes sticky slaps on the ground.

Sana used the sleeve of her shirt to gently dab off the saliva from the previous mouths, because gross.

Her heartbeat increased rapidly at the close proximity from this girl. The princess looked even more stunning up-close. She had never seen such a beautiful human, let alone someone of royalty, from this distance. Sana leaned down and kissed her softly, and boy was it nice.

Her lips were so soft and fit Sana's so perfectly, she could just kiss her forever.

A burst of wind blew the royal ensemble on their butts and everything around them suddenly came to life, filled with color.

Princess Myoui's eyes fluttered open and were met with Sana's curious ones.

Sana, fearing that she would receive a slap across her face, immediately flew back.

"Are you Sana?"

Sana nodded, still stunned by this situation.

"You saved me. I can't believe it." Princess Myoui's tears trickled down her cheeks from sheer happiness. She looked adoringly at Sana as she sat up.

Sana couldn't get over how cute the princess's soft voice sounds. And her cute puppy dog eyes. Even when she cried she was beautiful. Sana placed both her hands over her heart. So fitting for a true princess.

"Your face is as beautiful as I imagined it to be," Princess Myoui caressed Sana's face. "As beautiful as your heart."

Sana was rendered speechless. She can't believe she woke up the princess! And she was calling her beautiful?! Has she even seen herself?!

"Princess Myoui, I- uh... Why would you say that?"

"I was in a deep slumber, but I was still able to hear everything around me. I have been awake but unable to wake up for years now. And so many have tried to kiss me. But no one else made me feel the way you do."

"But she's just some idiot peasant!" Princess Im protested. "I'm an actual princess here!" Her two compatriots were still in awe and a bit too embarrassed by Princess Im's continuous hysterics to speak.

"You weren't exactly polite!" Jeongyeon croaked.

"Shut up, toad! What am I going to do now!" Princess Im whined. "I was told my soulmate would be waiting here for my kiss!"

Meanwhile, the two soulmates were off in their own world.

"Thank you for saving me."

"Princess Myoui..." Sana softly called.

"Call me Mina, please." Princess Myoui held a finger to Sana's lips.

"How are you so sure you are able to love someone as low-life as me?"

"You're no low-life. You have awakened me," Mina took Sana's hand and brought it up to her heart, "If we were really meant to be, then time will also awaken my love for you."

Sana blushed, a huge grin forming on her face.

"Sorry for taking advantage of you. And sorry that everyone else was able to beat me to it," she pouted.

Mina laughed and it was a sweet, lovely sound that Sana didn't want to stop hearing. She giggled along with the princess.

Mina wrapped her arms around Sana with a shy smile.

"Well, you know what happens when you cross the line and disregard a princess's status?"

"Punishment?"

The pretty princess leaned in closer and nodded.

"I'm not sure how fair that would be, considering you're the one who kissed so many others before me."

"I'm a princess, I can do whatever I want. Though, I didn't really care about anyone else. Plus you've admitted to your wrongdoing."

"True. What punishment will be fitting for such a crime?" Sana teased. She knew Mina would not impose a punishment on her.

"The punishment will be exactly the same crime you have inflicted on me, but by a thousandfold."

"That sounds fair." Sana leaned in for a kiss, but was stopped by a finger again.

"Uh-uh. I get to choose when to kiss you or not. I need to get to know you more first."

Sana whined pouted like a child that gets their candy taken away. She had to comply with the princess's request because it's not like she has a choice when it comes to royalty.

The sheep suddenly bleated, next to Sana’s leg. Seems like he approved of the two.

"Is this Watagashi-san?" Mina pointed to the sheep.

"Oh, yeah. He's a little rascal. I had to chase him down."

Mina smiled and softly pet the top of Watagashi-san's head. “He’s cute.”

"You're cute," Sana giggled. She hugged Mina tightly and they swayed lightly in each other's arms for a moment.

Sana suddenly remembered, "Wait, what about your maid?"

"Oh my, you're right!"

Sana turned around with Mina in her embrace to see the toad and haughty princess arguing still. Both knights were trying to hold Princess Im back from ripping the toad's tongue out and strangling her with it.

"Wait so how about your curse? Why are you a toad? Oh my god, don't tell me I need to kiss you too! I don't think I have the stomach for smelly toad breath and sloppy saliva." Sana grimaced at the thought.

"ARE YOU AN IDIOT! You can only be one person's soulmate!" Jeongyeon squawked. Beside her, Princess Im rolled her eyes at the farmer girl.

Sana mumbled, "Oh... I knew that."

Mina giggled, "Yes, you did."

“Okay, so you turned into a toad—“

“Frog.”

"Sure. You turned into a toad because...?”

"When I was young, I loved catching frogs at the stream by our village. It was a lovely pastime. Once every fortnight, I went with my father and he and I would–"

"Oh god, here we go again," Sana sighed.

"She's always like this?" Princess Im quipped.

Jeongyeon sighed, getting tired of these bumbling idiots. She had been doing that a lot that day.

"Okay, okay. Long story short, frogs were both my father and my favorite pastime and he gave me a pet frog before I had to be sold into the kingdom as a maid when I was just 7.”

Sana felt genuinely sorry for Jeongyeon. She didn't realize this blunt girl had such a meaningful story to her past. "Aww, that's so sad. Are you able to see your father these days?"

"Only when I am able to go home for the holidays. And still, that is rare."

"Mina, why don't you let her go home?"

"It's not up to me. It's my father. He wants her to be around me always. I've asked before."

"That is simply not right! No daughter should have to be away from her father for so long." The voice that spoke up shocked everyone. It was Princess Im.

"I love my father dearly and it hurts me to know that you would struggle with such a thing." She bent down to meet the toad's eyes.

"W-well, I have to live with it and I've gotten used to it. My father is doing well with my mother and brother, so it's fine."

Jeongyeon suddenly appeared bashful, facing Nayeon at eye-level. It was different than all previous exchange between the two of them because Jeongyeon had to look up. Now that the arrogant princess is in front of her, with soft and caring eyes, she couldn't help but feel her resolve slightly shake.

"Wait, you don't think..." Mina whispered into Sana's ear.

"Huh?" Sana didn't get the hint.

"Jeongyeon's soulmate is Princess Im! The princess said she was here because her fortune teller told her that her soulmate would be at the forest, waiting for a kiss to transform back!"

"Oohhhhh! YES! TOAD GIRL, SHE'S YOUR SOULMATE!" Sana exclaimed in joy.

"What! Absolutely not! This disgusting toad or whatever? Never!"

"Oh I am soooo sorry, your highness, that my disgraceful life is not good enough for you," Jeongyeon mocked.

"Nayeon?" Knight Son spoke up.

"Princess Im," she corrected as she stood, but nodded for her to continue. She needed to keep her image of royal status in front of everyone.

"Princess Im, I don't think it hurts to try. After all, we've traveled quite a ways and I'm sure you were looking forward to your Princess Charming."

"Are you kidding me Chaeyoung? I doubt she would be anything close to a princess..." She eyed the toad. "Let along close to charming."

"Just so you know, I am charming! My previous partners have always told me I was a good protector and an even better lover!"

"Oh god, please don't!" Sana gagged. Even Mina did not want to hear anything about her maid's intimate escapades.

"I agree with Chaeyoung. You might as well try. You won't die if you just gave her a peck. And honestly, she seems nice," Knight Kim encouraged.

"I feel like dying already just thinking about making out with a toad!" Princess Im whined, not completely against the idea now.

"Just do it, bimbo!" Sana yelled, but more like cheered her on.

"Who says I want to! Does no one value my opinion?"

"What if she is able to break the curse? I don't think it hurts to try," Mina reasoned and caressed Jeongyeon’s cheek. At that, Jeongyeon could not argue against. Mina was always level-headed and she would have no choice but to obey the princess's requests.

Begrudgingly, Jeongyeon turned to pucker up at Nayeon.

"Don't you try to stick your slimy tongue down my throat!" Princess Im warned Jeongyeon.

"As if I would enjoy the kiss enough to do so!"

The princess leaned in slowly, still a bit repulsed by the idea of kissing a toad, and squeezed her eyes shut. When her lips met the rough, slick surface of Jeongyeon's toad lips, a small jolt of electricity shocked them both back. And right before Princess Im's eyes, Jeongyeon magically turned back into a human. The toad-girl, who was no longer a toad, was quite tall and had greenish, shoulder-length hair, with a very feminine face.

Princess Im's jaw dropped. She could not believe that hiding behind that ugly spell was this gorgeous girl.

"I'm finally human again!" Jeongyeon patted down her entire body in astonishment.

"You should close your mouth. It's not very attractive for a princess to look like that," Sana teased. The others snickered, knowing Princess Im was smitten by Jeongyeon.

"So what was that about an ugly toad?" Jeongyeon, thankful for her own body and legs back, smugly walked towards the princess.

"Y-you can't... talk t-to a princess like that," Nayeon retorted weakly, still too shocked at the girl in front of her.

Jeongyeon ignored her feeble demand and ran over to Mina for a giant hug, with Sana joining in on her own accord.

“Don’t you think you should thank me at the very least for saving you?”

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes at Nayeon. “Fine. You have my gratitude.”

“That’s it?” the arrogant princess stomped her way over to get in Jeongyeon’s face.

“You said the very least,” Jeongyeon took a step forward and looked her squarely in her face.

Nayeon did not expect Jeongyeon, or anyone for that matter, to be bold enough to confront her like this. Generally, people would not be able to hold their ground when Nayeon intimidated them. But Jeongyeon was different and had defied her from the very start.

She faltered and nearly fell backward, if it weren’t for the arms that caught her in time.

They both had felt another spark between them, but this time it was within themselves. Nayeon stared deeply into Jeongyeon’s eyes.

“Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss!” Dahyun and Chaeyoung chanted.

Sana kissed Mina’s cheek.

“I think they meant Jeongyeon and Nayeon,” Mina playfully pushed Sana.

“Well, they didn’t explicitly state who,” Sana wore a mischievous grin.

Jeongyeon released her hold on Nayeon and cleared . “My apologize for manhandling you, milady.”

Nayeon was surprised at the formalities. Ever since they had met, Jeongyeon would not show any respect, let alone speak so softly towards her.

“Are you okay, Princess Im?” Jeongyeon questioned the stunned Nayeon.

“Yes. And just Nayeon is fine,” she humbly insisted.

“Okay, Nayeon. How do you want me to repay you?”

“What if my request is against your will?”

“At this point, I owe you my life, so anything you request for is valid.”

Sana squealed at the two’s embarrassingly cringy dialogue. “You both are too much!”

Disregarding her comment, Nayeon continued shyly, “I would like to request for a chance at courtship.”

Chaeyoung and Dahyun hooted and whistled at the two.

Jeongyeon reddened at Nayeon’s demand and even more after hearing all the cheering. She wasn’t sure what got over her to suddenly feel this way. “I’ll think about it.”

--

"That's cute. You name all your sheep?" Mina commented as she watched Sana in her rustic farmer's dress round up the sheep at her farm.
The princess had often been visiting Sana. The two were quickly growing close and were inseparable at this point.

"Yes, but Watagashi-san here is my favorite."

"Why is that?"

"He brought me to the love of my life," Sana said cheekily.

Mina blushed. "I should thank this little fluffy cupid then." She kissed the top of Watagashi-san's head. Then proceeded to plant a kiss on Sana's cheek as well.

Despite having already kissed Mina's lips, Sana was still dazed from Mina's advances. She gently nudged Mina with her shoulder.

"Will I be able to get another kiss soon? Perhaps somewhere other than my cheek?"

"You'll have to be patient. I don't just hand out kisses." Mina poked Sana’s tummy.

"Tease," Sana flirted back.

While these two couldn’t stop their flirtatious affection with each other, Jeongyeon and Nayeon were bickering once again in the background.

“What do you mean why can’t we be like that?” Jeongyeon was appalled at Nayeon’s claim.

“Those two are so cute together all the time. All I ask is just for a little bit of affection. To show me you care!” Nayeon whined and tossed her arms in the air.

“I do care! Who is the one who’s always cleaning up after you and taking care of you?”

“I just wish you could treat me the same way as that first day we met,” Nayeon’s voice became small.

Sana walked over to check out the commotion as Mina continued to busy herself with Sana’s sheep.

“What are you two arguing about now?”

“Nayeon claims that I don’t care about her. Which is a ridiculous assumption.”

“It’s not ridiculous when you have these two idiots showering each other with so much affection!”

“Jeongyeon, she’s just jealous. You really should try to be more gentle with her. After all, she’s a princess just like our Mina.”

Upon hearing her name from Sana, Mina skipped over to the farmer girl and pecked her lips.

“What was that for?” Sana asked in a pleasant surprise. The kiss left her distracted from Jeongyeon and Nayeon’s dilemma. And she wanted more of it.

“Nothing. Just felt like it,” Mina giggled and ran away, but Sana quickly caught her from behind and wrapped her arms around Mina's shoulders.

“Where do you think you’re going? You know I’m experienced in chasing after things, right?” Sana said into Mina’s hair.

Mina gasped, “So you’re always chasing after other girls?”

“No, just my sheep. And a certain flirty princess,” Sana teased as she nuzzled into the side of Mina’s neck.

Mina rewarded the charming farmer with a quick kiss on the lips. And then another one. And another.

“You see that? That’s what I want! You claim you care and everything, but sometimes I wish you could be a bit more romantic!”

Jeongyeon felt guilty. She knew they all made a good point. Deep down, the green-haired maid was very fond of Nayeon. She secretly enjoyed getting under her skin and watching her get flustered. It's quite adorable.

"Maybe I made the wrong choice. Maybe I forced you into being with me..." Nayeon's tears threatened to fall.

No, no, no, no. That was not true, Jeongyeon told herself. It hurt her to see Nayeon like this, so vulnerable and honest. She gently pulled Nayeon and wrapped one arm around the top of her head against her shoulder and the other on her waist.

"I'm sorry. You're not wrong. I wasn't being considerate towards your feelings. I truly lo...lo..."

"I LOVE YOU, PRINCESS MYOUI MINA!!!" Sana bellowed over Jeongyeon's almost-confession.

Mina swiftly covered her loud-mouthed soulmate with her hands. "Shhh, you're so loud! I think you disrupted their moment."

"But this is how I truly feel!" Sana lowered her volume, but was still very enthusiastic about announcing her feelings to the world, which was just her sheep. "You can be Minatozaki Mina. Mina Minatozaki! Mina Mina!" She was simply high from all of Mina's kisses.

The bubbly farmer's daughter could not stop babbling, so Mina proceeded to shut her up with . This time, Mina gave her a long kiss that resulted in a dizzy and speechless Sana.

"What were you saying?" Nayeon sniffed.

"I... uh..." Jeongyeon lost the momentum to confess. Instead, she chose to show her feelings for Nayeon through a small kiss and hummed an "I love you" in Nayeon's mouth.

Nayeon was wide-eyed and in complete shock as they pulled apart, furiously blushing a bright shade of red that matched Jeongyeon's. "You..."

Jeongyeon scratched the back of her head sheepishly and tried to back away. But before she could, Nayeon grabbed the collar of Jeongyeon's dress and kissed her back.

"I love you too, idiot maid."

"Ahh, so cute. I'm jealous." Sana clutched her chest in front of Mina.

"So dramatic as usual. What is there to be jealous of? I love you, Sana," Mina confessed candidly.

Sana gasped at those words. "You said it!" She giggled, jumped up, whooped and hollered. She was ecstatic at the revelation. This girl was much too energetic for her own good.

"Can you pause your hopping so I can kiss you?"

"Yes, please!!" Sana puckered up and kissed Mina's soft lips. Sighing happily with her eyes still closed, she admitted, "I don't think I will ever be tired of your kisses, Princess Myoui."

"Good. Dork. Because don't you forget your punishment."

--

"And then they all lived happily ever after."

"What kind of fairytale is that?" Tzuyu questioned quizzically.

"You said you were getting tired of the typical prince that finds the princess, they lived happily ever after stuff," Momo defended her honor.

"But the ending didn't tell me anything."

"Well, what do you want to know?"

"Like, did Mina take Sana's last name? And did Nayeon and Jeongyeon continue to argue? Are they just all making out on a farm? Where did they all live? What about Sana's sheep? Will they be okay–"

"Those questions are not important."

"That's supposed to be the point of an ending!"

"I did you a favor. You asked me to entertain you."

"What a boring story."

"At least it's better than your fav's story relay."

"Next time, I'm sitting with Jihyo on an international flight if I want to make it all the way to see Dos Veces in concert."

Momo complained in offense the rest of the flight. Her story wasn't that bad, she thought. At least it had a happy ending.