Chapter 20: True

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a normal working day but the offices of the three businessmen were empty and left untouched. It was finally “D-day”; the day he confesses his love to JiEun. 

“Hyung, drive faster! We have to prepare for the event. We might not finish it on time.” Woo anxiously expressed as he tapped the shoulders of Khun.

“Yah, it’s 10 in the morning and the event is not until 7pm. What’s there to be late about?” Taec replied.

“Don’t worry, there’s a lot of time left. So quit hitting my shoulder.” Khun complained.

WooYoung followed the guys’ advices but started to panic again after a minute. Taec and Khun became annoyed and pushed his head away. After driving for another twenty minutes, they finally arrived in front of a large blue glass-covered infrastructure.

“We’re going to do the event here? At Blue Square? Seriously?” Woo asked his friends.

“Yup. This was the only available concert hall we found with the time limit you gave us.” Khun replied.

“I thought it was going to be in a hotel in GangNamGu or what?” Woo asked in confusion.

“And what? Let you imagine y things again?” Taec reprimanded. “Don’t you think this is better? It’s bigger, more beautiful and it will be more memorable for the two of you.” He continued.

“And more expensive for me to pay back. You know that I am not as rich as the two of you. How do you expect me to pay you back with this? How much is the rental of this anyways?” Woo expressed his worry as they strode the lobby of the building.

“Who told you that we need you to pay us back? We’re brothers, there’s no such thing between brothers. And it’s only a few million won anyways.” Khun replied as he patted Woo’s back.  

“Huh? Few million won? How did it get cheap?” He again asked.

“Because it’s not a weekend and we rented only a small events hall.” Taec answered.

In no time, they arrived at the location and Woo’s eyes widened and he other two smiled with satisfaction.

“We really did well.” Khun praised themselves.

“It’s still big for an events hall.” Woo expressed in amazement.

“It’s already past 11am and we need to start preparing for the event.” Taec reminded them.

“How about lunch?” Khun replied.

“Let’s first test the lights and sounds, so that the assistants can attend to it at once if there’s something wrong.” Taec advised and the two just nodded.

They tested the lights, the fog machine and the sound system. They also played the video and the songs Woo recorded the day before. After seeing to it that everything worked, they went to lunch and also treated the staff members who were helping them. As they had their lunch, they also had a meeting on what exactly to do. Khun started directing in his mind with the help of the lighting crew. They brainstormed on the timing and the effects that can be used at certain ‘production numbers’.

It was almost 2 in the afternoon when they arrived back at the stadium. They rehearsed what they planned during lunch and Khun was able to successfully direct the event. While Woo was on stage playing the lead role, Khun was in the control room and Taec was sitting on the audience evaluating the performance made by Woo and Khun. 

Without them noticing, it was already 4:20 in the afternoon. They filled themselves with snacks and chatted about the event.

“So who is JiEun?” a staff member asked.

“My sister and the girl she likes but she pushed away last week.” Taec answered while eating a sandwich.

“You like her but you pushed her away?” another staff member asked.

“Because he’s a fool.” Khun answered for him while the rest laughed, except for Woo.

“Is she pretty?” another asked.

“Of course!” the three said in unison. “She looks like me. Very beautiful.” Taec replied.

“So she has big ears and a muscular body too, huh?” the staff member joked.

“HoDong hyung!” Taec whined which again caused a laughter.

Khun took out his phone and showed the staff members JiEun’s picture. They all wowed in amazement and all agreed that she’s pretty.

“You said she looks like you. She doesn’t resemble you, you liar.” HoDong once again teased the man.

“They do sometimes. When they are asleep.” Woo answered. “By the way, why do you have a picture of my JiEun in your phone?” he expressed jealously.

“I have pictures of everyone. Here’s yours and here’s Taec, the others are there also.” Khun defended as he showed them the pictures.

“Of all of my pictures, you just had to put that in your phone.” Taec complained as he saw his picture where he was wearing women’s clothes for a contest back in college.

“It’s funny. I look at it everytime I feel sad.” Khun replied while Taec replied with a merong.

HoDong borrowed JiEun’s picture again and stared at it.

“Hyung, are you developing feelings for my JiEun?” Woo again expressed jealously.

“Yah, quit owning my sister!” Taec hit Woo’s arm.

“Ani-yah, she just looks familiar. I feel like I have seen her. I just don’t remember where.” HoDong replied. “Aya, molla! Let’s continue your rehearsals.”

They continued rehearsing and they perfected it in no time.

“Is JiEun already dismissed?” Woo asked Taec.

“Yup. She’s just waiting for Suzy then she’ll be on her way here.”

“Suzy? Why? Is she coming?” Khun asked.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter