Chapter 12: Falling Slowly

LOVE NEVER SLEEPS (My Heart's Candy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Quit giving those stares. I’m already hungry. Let’s go out for lunch.” Taec invited

“How about the barbecue?” Khun asked

“Barbecue is best at night. Let’s save that for dinner.” Taec replied as he put the meat inside the refrigerator.

“We don’t have money!” Kwon, Jay, ChanSeong and JunHo yelled in unison.

“What great liars you four punks! Don’t worry Khun will buy for us.” Taec replied as he gave a peace sign and a smile full of teeth to Khun who was caught off guard.

The rest screamed of happiness and Khun had no choice but to let out a big sigh. They all went out the house to eat their lunch. ChanSeong’s Hummer, Khun’s Jaguar and WooYoung’s Ford Escape suddenly appeared in front of the house. Three men wearing suits and sunglasses got off from the cars and bowed to all of them.

“Is it just me or these cars weren’t here when we arrived?” Fany asked Taec with confused expression.

“The cars were parked somewhere else earlier so that you would not know right away that we are here.” WooYoung answered Fany’s question.

They rode the four cars to a hotel and had their buffet lunch there. Everyone, especially ChanSeong, enjoyed the various cuisines offered in the restaurant. When they were done eating, they went to see the elephants and the guys challenged each other as they let the elephants step on them. The girls, on the other hand, squealed as they took pictures of the guys being stepped on by the large elephants. They continued to have fun admiring the dolphins, penguins and sea lions, which made them seem like ten year old kids. As their last stop before going back to the house, they enjoyed the submarine tour and had fun looking at the colourful corals and fishes.

When they got back at the house, the guys were still not tired and still wanted to have fun. Kwon took the game he brought and laid it on the grassy backyard of the rest house.

“Let’s play TWISTER!!!!!” He yelled and dragged everyone to the backyard.

Though some of the girls did not want to, they had no choice but to play since they wanted Kwon to stop nagging. They started playing the game and ended dead tired.

“Aigoo, my back’s already hurting. I shouldn’t have agreed to playing this game. I am not flexible anyway. I think I need a massage” Taec whined as they were walking back to the living room.

“Let’s play another game!!!” WooYoung proposed as he wiped his face happily.

“NO!!!” all of them shouted as they were already tired of physical games.

“You play by yourself, you strangely overly flexible punk.” Khun replied.

“It’s not my fault that I won. You guys just don’t have flexible bodies.” WooYoung exclaimed.

“Let’s just play Spin the Bottle, Truth or Dare” SoHee suggested as she looked at Taec and Fany, and elbowed ChanSeong. ChanSeong got the signal and second the motion.

“You guys play. I’ll prepare the meat for tonight’s dinner” Ga-In said as she stood from the sofa after she saw the slowly setting sun.

“Unni, that’s unfair. You just want to escape from the game.” Suzy complained to Ga-In.

“But I really need to marinade the meat. Fine, this will be my substitute.” She answered as she put a handbag beside Kwon. “If the bottle stops at this handbag, I’ll answer the Truth or Dare question.” She consoled the younger ones and went back to the kitchen. “Don’t you guys try to conspire against me, I can still see you from here” she said as the kitchen was only in front of the living room.

They sat properly in a circle and SoHee started spinning the empty catsup bottle. The first spin stopped at Khun and he took DARE. He was challenged by the guys to wear a bright red lipstick on his lips until the game was over. He coolly accepted the dare and he was in that funny state for almost three hours.

The second spin was for ChanSeong and he chose TRUTH. The hyungs gave him an easy question: “If you were to choose between ‘SoHee’ and ‘forever being blessed by a dinner table full of expensive and delicious food’, which will you prefer?” He thought for a few seconds until SoHee hit his arm and gave him an angry stare. Eventually, he answered ‘SoHee’, but since he thought for a long time and it didn’t seem like he was sincere, he was given a punishment by his friends. He was told to just eat whatever the hyungs give him later in dinner, which means that he can’t eat what and the amount of food he wants to eat.

The following spins landed on Kwon, JiEun, Ga-In, Suzy, JunSu and Jay. They all took DARE which they were all able to accomplish. Jay spun the bottle and when it stopped everyone clapped happily. It landed on Taec, who they all wanted to put on a hot seat. Upon seeing that it landed on him, he was surprised and nervous on what will they make him do. Fany also got worried as the others may drag her into an unfavourable situation. Ga-In, who saw the outcome, excitedly washed her hands, came out of the kitchen and sat beside Kwonnie. Everyone was happy to see Taec be in the hot seat.

“TRUTH or DARE?” WooYoung asked with a serious face.

“TRUTH”

“You asked for it” ChanSeong whispered before asking the real question “Hyung, tell us the truth. Do you see Fany as a woman, not just a simple and innocent friend, but a special friend, a GIRLFRIEND? Do you feel attracted to her?”

He remained silent and thought deeply.

“Does your heart beat unusually fast when you are with her? When you see her up close, like less than 10cm away from your face?” SunYe asked in detail to make it seem easier for him to answer.

He still remained silent and in deep thought.

“Do you smile unconsciously when you see anything related to her? Do you want to spend more time with her than any other friend? If you don’t see each other the entire day, does it make you want to see her face or hear her voice?” SoHee added.

“Can I change to DARE?”

“NO!!!!” they all shouted except for Fany who was blushing beside Taec. Taec remained silent and peeked at his best friend.

“Fine, I’ll leave first. Be sure to be done answering their questions after 10 minutes.” Fany stood and went upstairs.

Taec sighed deeply and gathered the courage to answer their questions. “Honestly, I don’t know. Before, I didn’t. I really saw her as one of my little sisters that I felt I need to protect. But lately, it felt different. I wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter