Final

Your silent words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of those times that Nayeon just wants to be alone. She felt tired, exhausted, and she just wants to rest. But staying at the party held by her boss was some kind of requirement for her. It doesn’t matter how tired she is, there’s still no reason bigger to make her come home to her apartment than the need to not disappoint Mr. Chou. Being one of the few employees he actually like and trust, Nayeon couldn’t do anything but to endure it.

In the middle of drinking her second glass of martini, her eyes caught the sight of Chou Tzuyu talking to one of their company’s partners. Tzuyu, Mr. Chou’s beautiful daughter that no person would not fall on their knees just to have her hand. Tzuyu, the person that proves Nayeon there are more to her than just her beauty. Of course, Nayeon had met her several times, at first shallowly thinking that the girl was nothing but beauty but the girl proved her wrong. She is intelligent, kind, friendly and shy—an irony Nayeon could never understand—and definitely capable of making everyone love her aside for her appearance.

Their eyes caught each other in a short lingering stare and Nayeon flinch in surprise when the girl shoot a smile on her direction. She immediately moved her gaze back to her drink, feeling her stomach stirring and her face heating up—she thinks it’s weird, she wasn’t drunk yet and there she is feeling dizzy and drunk. She blames Chou Tzuyu for causing her this effect.

It was almost 11 when people started leaving. She was looking at the crowd leaving one by one, more than thankful that she can finally bid her good bye and go straight home. But her relief was immediately replaced by discomfort when she saw Mr. Chou walking towards her with two people beside him. His daughter and a person that was somewhat familiar to her—her boss’s pride—Minatozaki Sana.

“Nayeon, I’m glad you’re still here.” Mr. Chou said, obviously pleased that she didn’t leave yet. “I want to introduce you to someone. I’m sure you already know her but I still want to introduce you properly.”

Mr. Chou’s smile was big with a mix of proudness and she knew very much this smile. It was the kind of smile she would only see on him whenever a great news happens. Successful partnerships, successful projects, and everything she could think of that would benefit the man in front of her; those are the times that he would have that smile. She felt uneasy, but she was still able to look at the man’s eyes without any hint of her trying to suppress her distress.

“This is Minatozaki Sana, the daughter of our company attorney.” He explained, “She’ll start working with us too and since you are my most trusted employee, I want the two of you to be acquainted and hopefully build a really good relationship with each other.”

Sana and Nayeon shook each other’s hands and introduced themselves, saying how they look forward to working with each other with smiles plastered on their faces. She talked with the people in front of her for a minute or so before she finally bid good bye to Mr. Chou and the two girls beside him. Nayeon could see in the corner of her eyes that Tzuyu was looking at her. Deciding that she was too tired to even try feeling anything that time, she gave the three of them a polite smile before making her way out.

Nayeon went straight home feeling like a week worth of stress got off her shoulders. Finally, alone at last, Nayeon thought before sighing in relief. People are sometimes exhausting and sometimes it makes her think why she even chose this path when she perfectly knew that her everyday work requires her to communicate with a lot of people. By now, she would like to think that she’s used to it, but there are times—similar right at that moment—that she knows that it wasn’t true. She can’t get used to it, no matter how much she tries.

She’s still the kind of person who would choose to be around less crowded place, meet people that she knows would last in her life—a real friend that she rarely finds in that industry—just something constant and not tiring. Her thoughts kept on swarming inside her head that she finds it hard to get a blink of sleep, forcing herself just to rest and relax but it tires her more by just trying—so she gave up—and just chose to do nothing.

She just kept on staring at the ceiling. With all kinds of though

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter