Dream Comes True

꿈 {Dream}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

 

Chanyeol steps inside his apartment after a long day from his studio, writing a new song for the new group in his company. He didn’t even get the chance to meet his husband during lunch even when they’re in the same company. In addition, he’s kind of tired to even prepare about their upcoming showcase.

The tall guy heard soft laughter from inside their shared room, only to be welcome with the sight of Baekhyun burying himself inside the big comforter, looking so small and adorable which makes him chuckle.

 

“I’m home, baby.”

“Yeol!”

Baekhyun tries to sit up slowly because his back had been aching a lot lately, leaning on the headboard with a wide smile. Chanyeol puts away all his things, taking off his clothes; leaving him only with his singlet on.

He joins Baekhyun on the bed before the smaller guy snuggles close to him. “I’m so tired to even shower babe, you wouldn’t like my smell.”

“I miss you so much. I don’t care if you’re smelly or what.”

 

Chanyeol pinches his husband’s nose playfully when Baekhyun holds his head up, meeting his beautiful eyes with Chanyeol’s. “I’m sorry, baby. I miss you too. So so much!” Chanyeol closes the gap between them before he presses a long kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead.

Baekhyun let out a chuckle.

 

“So, you finished the songs already or what? We need to prepare for our showcase, alright, Yeol? Don’t forget about it.”

Baekhyun takes the remote to turn off the television before he is back inside his haven’s warm embrace. Chanyeol inhales the scent of his husband’s favourite vanilla perfume. Right then, he suddenly felt the urge to throw up.

He holds it in when Baekhyun keeps talking about what’s going to happen during the showcase and more, but he can’t even hear it clearly because he really needs to throw up right then and now.

 

“B-Baek ugh---!”

Chanyeol runs toward the bathroom, heaving only dry coughs which makes his chest hurt. Baekhyun eyes widen, he gets beside Chanyeol who is on his knees in front of the toilet bowl. “What’s wrong? Are you sick, Yeol? Oh my god, we need to go to the hospital. Come, I’ll drive.”

 

The taller guy shakes his head,

“No need, babe. I’m just tired. I think I overwork myself.”

“Do you eat lunch? Dinner?”

 

Baekhyun helps Chanyeol up, washing his husband’s face with such cares. Chanyeol lips form a smile. “I like it when you wash my face like this. You’re so beautiful.”

“I ask you the question not to receive that kind of answer, you giant!”

 

Chanyeol let out a sigh with a force smile.  “I’m sorry babe. I don’t even have time to eat. I need to finish it quickly, so I can be with you and---”

“Are you kidding me? If you’re sick and hospitalize, do you think you can be with me or somewhere close to me? You’ll be quarantine, and I will be sick too. You said it yourself, right? You don’t want me to get sick but what if you’re the one who’s getting sick. I’m--”

 

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry, babe. I’ll surely remember to eat later.” Chanyeol let out a chuckle when he notices that Baekhyun is crying mess right now. He brings the smaller guy inside his arms, hugging him close until he stopped.

“What are we doing inside the bathroom, idiot? Bring me back to the bed. I’m sleepy.” Baekhyun pouts. Chanyeol shakes his head, his heart can’t take it how adorable his husband is despite him being a little bit older by few months.

Without a warning, he lifts Baekhyun up bridal style. They lay back to their position just before he ran to the bathroom earlier.

 

“You need to eat no matter what, Yeol. I don’t want you to get sick too. I’m sorry I can’t bring you foods because when it’s time to work, I understand we’re busy.”

“Yes, I know. I will do what you asked me to. Just for you.”

Baekhyun punches lightly on the taller guy’s chest, chuckling when Chanyeol faked coughs. “We’re together at least, tomorrow. So, I will remember. We really need to prepare for our showcase. Our fans didn’t buy the tickets just for watching a really lame and boring performance from us, right?”

 

Baekhyun nods, yawning cutely.

Chanyeol puts a warm smile when he notices that the puppy-like guy is getting sleepy, so he places a kiss on his forehead, wishing him goodnight. He didn’t know when the exact time is he falls asleep but for sure, just looking at how peaceful his husband sleeping melts all his stress away.

 

 

***

 

Baekhyun walks around the big venue for their showcase, smiling when he spotted his favourite piano situated on the stage. I can’t believe this is happening! It’s feel like a dream! Baekhyun remembered how close he is on having a breakdown when basically the company blame him for a soundtrack that’s for him to play the background piano sounds.

 

That’s exactly 2 years ago, long at that time when he meets Park Chanyeol.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Baekhyun wipes his tears away, looking around the room but he can’t get near to the piano. He’s terrified. He may make mistakes again and the company wouldn’t like it. Though, a few minutes later, there is a guy (which is tall and hot) walks inside the room.

 

“Hi, would you mind if I join you here?”

Baekhyun frowns, clearly confuse with what is this guy with deep voices doing inside his piano room. He nods his head, awkwardly. The tall guy walks straight to the piano and his breathes hitched. “You don’t play? What are you doing here then?”

The guy asked which makes him startled.

 

“I-I … I don’t think I can play now.”

“Why?”

“I just can’t.”

 

Baekhyun hung his head low, not knowing what this guy intention but he kind of liking the idea of someone accompanying him. When he heard the guy playing a guitar, strumming his favourite song. He holds his head up.

 

The tall guy keeps playing, his warm smiles make Baekhyun flutters a little bit. He doesn’t even get to ask about the latter’s name, but he know they’re going to be friends from now on.

“I thought you’re playing piano.”

Baekhyun said when the latter stopped, placing the guitar on his side. Baekhyun offers him smiles, getting another warm smile in return.

 

“Nope, would never lay my fingers on it. Maybe later if you teach me I would but right now, I rather play my guitar. Though, I really love the sound of it when you play.” The guy chuckles when he notices Baekhyun’s surprised expression. “Well, I’m new (too) here and I play guitar for the songs here. I’m a song writer too. Bet you didn’t recognize me, right? I’m Park Chanyeol and you’re Byun Baekhyun, a pianist, a great one because when I add my guitar sounds, your piano music will always have caught me off. It’s so beautiful.”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t know what to reply because he thought this Chanyeol guy is just a normal person like him but no, he’s wrong. Chanyeol is above him and he thought he’s being rude right now.

He stands up and bow, which makes the other guy laugh.

“No need to bow, Baekhyun-ssi. We’re in the same level and we get inside this company about the same time, but I know you didn’t even notice me.”

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol-ssi.”

“Just call me Chanyeol.”

“Then, call me with just Baekhyun.” Baekhyun finds him smiling a bit too wide for his new friend and Chanyeol did the same. “We’re in the same age or…?” Baekhyun asks, earning a nod from the other guy who is busy settling his guitar.

 

“You’re older only few months. I’m born in November.” Chanyeol shoots him a goofy smile which makes Baekhyun raises his eyebrows. “You know a lot of thing about me, huh?” Chanyeol let out a chuckle at the question before he nods again.

“I’m your fan, Baekhyun-ah. I know you will make it big. Maybe you’re the next ‘Yiruma’? No one would know and forget everything they say because you’re talented. They just can’t see it yet.”

 

Baekhyun lips form a thin line before he nods.

“So, you can see my talent?”

“Of course! You’re this company precious gem, I know they wouldn’t let you go once you make it big. In few years, you will become famous and maybe we can perform for our showcase, together?”

 

Chanyeol shows his excitement and that obviously makes Baekhyun laughs, forgetting why he’s sad in the first place. “You’re so full of dream and I like the sound of it. A showcase is a big deal and if I’m going to be famous and performing together with you, that would be a big dream comes true.”

“I know we will. Just look and see.”

 

Chanyeol lips form a wide smile when he looks at Baekhyun similar beautiful smiles. Since then, he can’t take off his eyes from the other smaller guy. Baekhyun felt the same. Maybe it’s a good beginning? He’s the one.

 

 

END FLASBACK

 

Baekhyun felt like crying. From the first day, they met. The showcase together is their dream. Now it’s going to be ‘a big dream comes true’! He shakes his head to stop him feeling overwhelm and that might be the big reason to make him start crying. He really needs to prepare for the showcase and before he’s feeling more overwhelming, he decides to busy himself at the backstage.

 

He waits for Chanyeol and only a few minutes after that, his husband walks inside the venue with his guitar. Baekhyun frowns at how sick the taller guy look.

When Chanyeol gets closer to him, he felt a warm kiss on his forehead before he smiles. “Are you okay? I heard you throwing up again this morning, but I know you locked the door.” Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol before he caresses his cheeks.

 

The taller of the two shakes his head.

“I’m fine, Baek. It’s a side-affect. I know it, I’m just so tired lately. Don’t worry, alright? Let’s practice for our showcase so we can go straight home.”

“Alright, big baby.”

 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle when Chanyeol walks toward the stage, sitting on a stool situated there while stomping his feet. Such a kid! A lead staff who guide them throughout the showcase get on the stage with a big smile.

 

“I can’t believe the both of you are going to perform together. It’s a big talk in the country right now. You guys are literally famous couple ever and I clearly know that Chanyeol and Baek hyung realizes that the showcase’s tickets all sold in just an hour.”

“You surely talk too much, Oh Sehun. Let just get this done so I can go home.” Being a grumpy cat Chanyeol is, Baekhyun laughs when Sehun pouts. Nevertheless, the younger didn’t complain, and they started rehearsing.

 

For sure, Baekhyun is the one vocal and even its other songs that he only puts his piano sounds on play, he’s covering all of them. Chanyeol is proud enough with his talented husband. He knows Baekhyun is even famous more than him.

 

Thirty minutes after that, Chanyeol can’t hold it any longer before he rushes backstage; straight toward the bathroom. Baekhyun let out a sigh. He’s throwing up, again. Is it that bad? Are you so tired, Chan or… Baekhyun eyes widen when he realizes something?

 

He’s going to confirm it later.

His lips form a wide smile in instant.

 

***

 

 

Chanyeol fatigues doesn’t get better and even it’s only a day left for the showcase, the poor boy kept throwing up anytime he felt like it. His friends and other staffs notice it too but Chanyeol decides to push them away.

He didn’t want to worry Baekhyun even more.

The showcase is their big dream and now, he’s going to fulfil the dream that he promised long time ago. Not even his sickness would stop them.

 

“Are you sure it’s only you being stressed out and tired, Yeol? Do you even go to the hospital? I can take you now if you want.”  Joonmyeon asked him when they stopped by for a drive-thru. Chanyeol who leans his back on the passenger seat, shutting his eyes closed shakes his head.

 

Joonmyeon could only sigh.

“It’s your showcase with Baekhyun tomorrow. You don’t want to throw up and leave the stage suddenly, don’t you? I suggest you really should at least go to a clinic. Take a medicine or something.” The older glances at the guitarist. “If you don’t want to go with Baekhyun then just let me take you.”

 

Chanyeol doesn’t complain so when he accidently met Baekhyun at the clinic, he frowns. Is his husband sick too? Baekhyun eyes widen when he saw Chanyeol with Joonmyeon, the company’s producer walking toward him.

“Babe, what are you doing here?”

Baekhyun let out a shaky chuckle before he places a kiss on Chanyeol’s cheek. “I want to buy some medicines that maybe would make you feel better. It’s not normal when you kept throwing up, Yeol. Tomorrow is the showcase, remember? I don’t want you to---”

“I tell him the same words of wise, Baekhyun! Glad you did the right thing. So, I guess I can leave him with you now, right?” Joonmyeon said which makes Chanyeol glares at him for a while. Baekhyun nods, thanking Joonmyeon before his eyes following the producer’s car sprinted away from the clinic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter