Chained: Episode One

Chained

" Here's the new tuner that we purchased two days ago, sir. It is the newest edition after all, " handing the newly purchased guitar tuner to the man across me, he smiles in relief after he whined deliberately for like almost an hour about travelling from one shop to another just to find a new edition of guitar tuner. Well, I cannot blame him for that though. I mean nowadays, who would still be playing instruments anyway? Do not misunderstood me. I know there are still youth out there having the affectionate passion for music. Just like I do. I love music so much that I myself am still single and not ready to mingle. Yet. You see, there was once upon a time in school where my teacher asked us what would we want to be one day. Some of them answered the common ambitions which they wanted to be. Doctors... Nurses... Lawyers... Businessmen/Women... So on and on. When it was my turn, I said... 

 

A musician. " 

 

  Guess what? I was stupidly expecting my classmates to get awed by me or words like " That's cool ". But no. I was wrong. They actually scoffed at me. Making those disbelief faces or whatever contortions they preferred. Nevertheless, it is my dream and no one should look down upon me. Nothing is impossible in life. Unless pigs can fly and snakes can walk. Let's just drop this topic. 

 

  Depositing the money in the cash-machine and handing out the receipt, I express my gratitude with a slight bow and off he goes whilst twirling his new toy with a satisfied smile. I heave a sigh and glance up to the rounded clock wall across me which is placed just above the guitar shelves, neatly stacked. Forty-five minutes to five. Another good thirty minutes then off I go for home sweet home. 

  As I am about to place my on the wooden stool behind me, a ding is created from my right direction. I turn my head instantly and there standing in front of the double-glass door is the man whom I have lived with, spending my whole childhood timeline, showering me with endless love, pouring the rightful amount of supports and encouragements is none other than my old yet still handsome father - grinning proudly like any other parents would do seeing their children receiving the awards of succession. His rectangular eye-glasses' reflections flash dashingly as he walks briskly towards me. The closer he is, it is then I realise his visible wrinkles on his handsome face and his grey hair jutting out somewhat a bit funny despite of the amount of hair gel he constantly put on. He seems to have grown a moustache over these days. I wonder how could it grow that fast. Or did he even shave it before this? Not that I never take notice but I am very busy. I take a brief scanning at his clothes. A brown vest with white long-sleeve shirt inside and black slack pairing with black and blue Nike sport sandals with two straps. Yeap, definitely my dad. His fashion is still the same ever since I was a toddler.  

  

 " Hey, dad. " I smile with my famous dimple on my right cheek as I bring my right hand up to adjust my rounded glasses. 

 

" Hey too, cub. " he returns the smile back albeit not with any dimple that I have. His voice never fail to amaze me although old, yet still soothing and gentle. Just like his attitude. 

 

" What brings you here, dad? " 

 

The man in front of me leans forward by propping his arms on top of the glass counter filled with several instrument tools. " I just want to ask if you're going somewhere else after this? " his thick eyebrows raising after he asked. Why am I not even surprised by this? Of course. He always asks this question whenever he stops by. Sometimes. 

 

" Well... " I plop myself down on the wooden stool finally. Placing my hands on top of the glass and clasp them. " I was planning to go home, eat and ticket in a dreamland. Why?" 

 

" Great! " he beams whilst nodding almost looking like a snail dragging its shell. "After this, I'm planning to have a dinner at a restaurant. Only the both of us. Father-daughter dinner. What do you say? "

 

" I say 'go', " with that we both laugh and my father ruffles my short boyish hair affectionately and in return I just pout at him as I bring both of my hands to comb my hair back to its origin. 

 

  Let's just say we spend our dinner just talking and joking about silly things and at the same time catching up how things were. 

 

 

                                                                                                                                             

 

A/N: Hellu! So~ Yest. Lo and behold - the first chapter!^^ Once again I beg your pardon for the lack of descriptions, adjectives and etc etc. Oh dear. How long have I not written any composition? *_*