(One-Shot) Language Lesson

Language Lesson

"P-Please don't look at me like that..." Mina breathed out shakily, hands clutching the bedsheets tightly while she tried to avoid Chaeyoung's eyes.

At this moment, the former ballerina was sat on top of the queen-sized bed -- her back was pressed against the wall in an attempt to create some distance between Chaeyoung and herself. Mina felt the intensity of Chaeyoung's gaze without even looking at her, which only added to the nervousness bubbling up deep within Mina's stomach. Why was she nervous? More importantly, why was Chaeyoung staring at her like this?

It wasn't really a secret. Mina was obviously in love with Chaeyoung. It started as a simple and small sort of admiration towards the younger member, only for it to transition into a much bigger and serious type of dedication for her. In other words, Mina lived a few years in what people call an "unrequited love". She didn't want to burden Chaeyoung with her feelings. No, she still thinks of her as a child. Ever since they debuted, all Mina wanted to do was make sure that nothing and no one made Chaeyoung feel down.

"Mina unnie..." Chaeyoung starts, the rapper's voice coming off smooth -- smooth enough to make Mina feel like she's slipping through reality and entering her fantasies. 

~~~~~

(A few hours ago).

"How do I do this?" Chaeyoung frustratingly calls out to nothing in particular. She was hunched over pens, notebooks, and a thick book -- a book that teaches people how to speak Japanese. She stared at the different characters that looked so unfamiliar and scary while clutching her head in both hands, clearly agitated over the language. "Japanese... Japanese... Why is it so different from Korean?" she mutters under her breath.

She knew she was alone in Twice's dorm right now. A lot of her unnies needed to go some place, and instead of coming along, she chose to stay home. It's too embarrassing for her to tell them about how she's trying to project her feelings for Mina by speaking in the former ballerina's native language. 

"K-Kimi no...?" (tn: Y-You...?) She starts the sentence, evidently making an effort to pronounce such foreign words just to show Mina that she was going to do anything to make Mina know about her feelings for her.

At that moment, the front door opened. However, since Chaeyoung was too occupied in trying to learn the sentence, she did not notice the presence of Sana. "Kimi no... kimi no..." Chaeyoung repeatedly chanted, incredibly determined to learn and memorize the japanese words she layed out in front of her.

Sana noticed the phrasebooks and the post-it's scattered across the walls and the desk Chaeyoung was using. With a playful smirk, she walked silently behind Chaeyoung, looking over her shoulder to find quite a surprising sentence scrawled out in tiny and sloppy Japanese characters.

Kimi ni koie iru. (tn: I'm in love with you.)

Sana's eyes widened noticeably. She glanced towards the younger member before spotting a "Myoui Minari" scribbled at the corner of Chaeyoung's notebook.

Sana may be dense and oblivious to everything, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't connect the puzzle pieces and find out that Chaeyoung's in love with Mina.

She sneakily s her arms around Chaeyoung's neck in a loving way, pleased that she managed to shock the rapper for a split second. "Trying to confess, Chaeyoungie?" she whispered in a teasing manner, her smile growing when she saw the red climb up Chaeyoung's neck towards the tip of her ears.

"Sana unnie... it's not what it looks like!" Chaeyoung turns around in an instant, incredibly dedicated to making sure Sana doesn't find out about her feelings for her favorite japanese member. She stammers around her words and reaches to hide the notes and the phrasebooks from Sana, already ruining her credibility.

"Really?" Sana circles around the now cluttered desk and messy notes with a smirk. "Because to me, it looks like you want to tell Mina you love her." She finishes with a victorious smile.

Chaeyoung gulps. She stares into Sana's eyes, pleading that hopefully she won't tell Mina. Sana nods understandingly, making the younger member heave a relieved sigh.

"I can help you, you know?" Sana offers, eyes glinting with mischief. She smoothly takes the chair next to Chaeyoung and sits down, a hand resting on top of her lap. "All you have to say is two words, and I guarantee, Chaeyoungie, Minari wouldn't be able to resist your charms!" She spouts enthusiastically.

Anyone in this situation would have never even thought about trusting Sana. However, Chaeyoung was growing a little desperate; Sana's Japanese, right? Then that means she really could help!

Chaeyoung looked at Sana with a hopeful aura, a clear sign that she'll be ready to do whatever Sana asks her to.

"Chaeyoung, repeat after me!" Sana says, her words radiating with excitement. Time to get Minari laid. The younger member nods.

"Ecchi ai!" (tn: generally, it means "I want to have .") Sana smirks. She watches as Chaeyoung furrows her eyebrows in confusion, before the rapper takes a deep breath and repeats the sentence.

"E... Ecchi ai?" Chaeyoung tilts her head to the side, as if unsure with what she said. Meanwhile, Sana was having too much fun. The japanese girl nodded quickly with a slight laugh, before swiftly covering it up with a serious expression. "Yes. That's right. That means 'I'd do anything for you.'" Sana attempts to manipulate the younger girl's mind, which evidently works.

"I'll help you, Chaeng!" Sana says, suddenly bursting from excitement and standing up from her chair. "You can tell her later tonight, I'll make sure the other members won't find out about it."

Before Chaeyoung could even say anything, Sana rushes towards the front door clutching her phone in hand. "In fact," She states, her voice growing further and further away from Chaeyoung. "I'm doing that now! Good luck with Minari, Chaeng! We'll be back by 12 so be sure you've told her before that!"

And with that, Sana was gone.

~~~~~

It was four in the afternoon when Mina received a text from Sana.

Minari, Chaeyoung will be alone in the dorm till 12. Everyone else will be eating at a restaurant and Chaeyoung didn't want to go. You coming with or are you staying home too?

Mina typed out a reply almost immediately. She let her thumb glide over the screen of her smartphone before she hit send.

I'm staying home. I can't leave Chaeyoung alone, it's dangerous.

Mina didn't even bother to look at what Sana replied to her. Her lips were closed but they were forming the happiest and the warmest smile she could ever muster, obviously glad that she has an open chance to spend some time with Chaeyoung alone.

She didn't even bother to purchase the stuffed animal she held in her hand. She put the plushie back in its place and rushed out of the store, already making her way towards their dorm where her Chaeyoungie was waiting.

~~~~~

So that was how they got into this situation.

"Mina unnie..." Chaeyoung says, watching the girl in front of her. Mina gulped, getting ready for her heart to be disappointed again, because come on -- there's no way Chaeyoung would say something romantic to her, right?

"Mina unnie, ecchi ai!" Chaeyoung spouts, eyebrows furrowed in dedication.

What?

Mina stammers and blushes from head to toe. Her heart was going a hundred miles per minute and her head was starting to swirl with indecent fantasies that she tried oh so desperately to shake off. She glances towards the younger girl -- albeit still embarrassed, and examines the dedicated expression on the rapper's face.

"Wh-Who taught you that... Chaeng...?" Mina couldn't even say the words properly. She watched as the other girl smiles brightly, evidently proud that she "impressed" her beloved unnie.

"Sana unnie did." Chaeyoung brushes off the question like it wasn't even a question at all. "With that said, Mina unnie, I love you!" Chaeyoung smiles brightly, not quite catching the flustered look on Mina's face.

"Chaeyoung... What do you think it means?" Mina stammers, her heart still not calming down from its self-made rampage.

"Sana unnie said it means I'd do anything for you..." Chaeyoung tilts her head slightly sideways, starting to feel confused as to why Mina was asking these questions. "Why?"

"Ah, Chaeng, that's a dirty statement..." Mina starts to explain, her stomach flipping inside out at how much Chaeyoung looks so adorably confused right now. "It... It means that you want to have..." Mina breathes in deeply, clearly conflicted on what she should do. "Y-You want to have s... with me." She finishes off, her embarrassment skyrocketing to an impossible height.

Once Chaeyoung heard this, she didn't even feel ashamed. Instead, she locked her eyes into Mina's and her lips.

"Oh. Well, I wouldn't mind that, Minari unnie." She puts emphasis on Mina's name, her voice dropping down to a low tone. She whispered the words and smirked once she saw the look on Mina's face. She slowly approached Mina teasingly, giving the older girl a slight chance to recover her composure -- to no avail.

"Ch-Chaeyoung..." Mina gulps, her eyes shifting between Chaeyoung's eyes and her lips awkwardly.

When the younger member felt the uncomfortable aura Mina was emitting, she leaned backwards and created distance. "I'm kidding..." She says, obviously trying not to force anything on the other girl. "I'm satisfied with letting you know that I love you." She casts a smile towards the japanese girl before her, which made Mina's heart stutter.

In the split second that Chaeyoung was about to turn away, Mina reached out and grabbed Chaeyoung's head. She leaned in and captured the younger girl's lips in her own, kissing her with the amount of love and affection she gathered for the other girl in the years that she knew her. She kissed Chaeyoung like it was the last time she would ever kiss her.

Chaeyoung was quick to react. She rest her hand on Mina's waist, feeling Mina's lips gently on her bottom lip. Slowly, Chaeyoung inched closer, before eventually settling on top of Mina's lap. She kissed back as hard as she could, showing Mina that she was serious about what she said earlier. Mina's hand reached out and tugged gently on Chaeyoung's hair, which made the younger girl hold onto Mina's shirt tightly.

Mina pulled back, her eyes swirling with both love and desire as she stared into Chaeyoung's eyes.

"Chaeyoung," She says, breathless but inspired. "I want you to be mine."

"I've always been yours, unnie." Chaeyoung traces her index finger from Mina's lips down to her chest teasingly. "But I'll make sure you don't forget about it tonight."