Final

Frosted Glass
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I try to be good, Nayeon continuously thought, I try so hard to be good, she smiled bitterly to herself, but I’m still not enough. She walked with her head down, feeling ashamed of herself, scared that if she would look at someone’s they would see how everything was falling apart. Not that they would know her, but to Nayeon, the most prominent part of her is seemed to be all of her mistakes and imperfections.

Even with a simple glance from strangers could make her feel bare and vulnerable. Maybe that’s why, she guessed, things I want to last begins fading soon enough that I try to reach for it. It was the things she would always think, because she knows that she doesn’t deserve things that she would only break in the end—even when she doesn’t mean to.

Soon enough she reached her apartment, not surprisingly she heard someone inside the kitchen as soon as she entered. Her heavy breathing felt heavier, tightening as she imagined the person doing the same routine Nayeon had gotten used to. She was used to coming home to her, Mina, and despite all the troubles she had had for the day, a small smile curved up on her lips as she thought of the girl’s name. She thinks it will never go away, the same emotions that always gets deeper inside her, it can be difficult and if she would be honest, even with Mina by her side, those things doesn’t change. It doesn’t. Nayeon is not even sure if it will ever disappear or change at one point, but so far it’s nothing. But Mina makes everything bearable, she makes it less painful for Nayeon and to her, it was the biggest gift anyone could give her. Mina was the biggest gift she had ever gotten.

She’s just always in contemplation if she really does deserve her.

Because Mina might not be the perfect person like a stranger would ever expect her to be, she was still a lot better compared to Nayeon, and everyone else that Nayeon has come to know in her entire life. To Nayeon, Mina has been the only person that came close to the meaning of perfection. Of course, it wasn’t something she said because she’s with her, she wasn’t being biased, Nayeon was just being real with her thoughts.

She still looked as beautiful ever, Nayeon smiled, silently standing by the kitchen aisle, staring at the girl who was busy enough to be clueless of her presence. The way she moves—so precise and eloquent—even in the most simple thing like cleaning the sink is still something that wouldn’t escape Nayeon’s eyes.

“How long have you been there?” The soft voice asked, waking Nayeon from daydreaming.

Nayeon tried to give what she thinks can pass as a bright smile to the girl before answering, “Just now.” She simply added, “I’ll just change and I’ll help in cleaning.”

“No need,” She raises an eyebrow as she looked at the grinning girl, “I’m done already so you can take your time and have a good rest.” Mina said as she walked towards Nayeon, hands on the girl’s shoulder before guiding her outside the kitchen.

“I’m sorry.” Nayeon softly said, truly apologetic towards Mina.

“Apology accepted, and you informed me early enough so you don’t have to worry about me being mad for it.” A soft kiss was placed on her forehead, and she saw Mina smiling with reassurance in her eyes and it made her feel relieved and guilty at the same time.

Nayeon knows that it wasn’t entirely alright; after all she broke her promise to come home early that night. She also knows that her apology wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter