final.

Latte or Date?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jaehyun, alright,” a young man in green and black uniform passed an empty cup he had been writing on to the next man in the same uniform. He then went to the cashier to push the buttons. “Three dollars and seventy-five cents.”

The man in his late 30s across the table took some cash out of his pockets, handing them to the Barista guy with a smile plastered on his tired face. The Barista received the money, “would you like to get anything else, Sir?”

“Ah, no, Caffee Mocha is more than enough for this morning,” he replied politely, sending a smile.

Once the coffee was done, the Barista guy which had a proud badge name called “Luhan” attached to his chest handed the Tall white cup to the customer. Not going to forget, he also gave the straw and a sheet of tissue.

“Thank you and have a good day,” Luhan radiated a warm smile, probably the warmest smile he could ever try to make.

“Thank you,” the customer carefully brought the cup to his own, leaving the bar that caused the bell to ring when the door was opened.

Once the coffee shop went quiet again, Luhan the barista cleaned the bar. He took a glance at the hanging clock on the wooden wall. It was still six past five minutes am in the morning and not many people visited, yet. He noticed he would start getting busy in ten minutes where the city finally woke up. The previous customer in a tuxedo was the first one.

“Luhan, did you wake up late today?” a male voice was heard, Luhan turned his head around to see his fellow barista, Minseok.

“Kind of, I couldn’t sleep last night because of the game,” Luhan recalled how he ended up playing two matches of football with his younger brother.

Minseok only chuckled upon hearing what Luhan said, still busy with his coffee machine. “You still look good though even if you have a black circle on your eyes.”

Luhan made a face of him in response. Right at the moment, the bell on the front door rang again, Minseok automatically whispered, “Be ready, pretty guy.”

Luhan turned his body around to face the customer, pulling the corner of his lips to form the best smile ever before chanting his daily routine spell, “good morning, welcome to Hola cafe, may I please know what you’d like to get?”

The customer was a young man, around his age, in a formal suit. He had a serious face while holding up a phone to his ear, speaking incoherently through the line. His brownish hair was combed nicely, exposing his wide yet perfect forehead. The man walked to the bar, ignoring the cheerful greeting from the barista.

“Half caf Grande, light ice, non-fat milk, Caramel Flan Latte,” he ordered with his raspy voice, not even looking up at the barista.

Luhan quickly wrote down the order on the Grande cup, “half-caf Grande with light ice and non-fat milk Caramel Flan Latte.”

The customer now looked up, nodding.

“And your name is...?” when Luhan looked up at the customer, his eyes met his and for some unclear reasons he felt somewhat intimidated as the customer’s eyes looked very dark yet beautiful.

“Sehun,” he answered shortly.

“S-Saeheon,” blaming the customer’s feature, Luhan lost his ability to both speak and hear. With a trembling hand, he wrote down the name on the cup and handed it to Minseok.

“Four dollars and fifty-five cents, please,” Luhan tried his best to sound calm even though he was still somewhat nervous. He had never been like this before.

Sehun took out his wallet and passed some cash. Luhan, still with a trembling hand, received the money and said, “thank you.”

The man crossed his arm while the other one was still busy with the phone. His eyes were staring down at the cookies and pastries on the glass bar.

“Is there anything else you’d like to get, Sir?” Luhan noticed how a kind of man like his current customer liked to bring some sweets to their office.

“No, thanks,” surprisingly, Sehun wasn’t a guy with words. He put his phone down with a low voiced curse, putting it in his pocket later.

Once Minseok was done making the order, he placed the Grande cup on the bar table. Luhan grabbed a sheet of tissue and the straw then handing them to the customer. Sehun took everything in his hands with a small smile that made Luhan somehow feel at ease.

“Thanks,” he turned around and made his way out.

“Thank you and have a good day,” Luhan sent his departure, watching the guy’s board back disappear with the ringing bell. For his entire life, or at least for his entire career as a part-time barista in Hola cafe, he had never seen someone so intimidatingly beautiful. Not even, that customer was very new to him as he had never seen him before. But one thing Luhan could never decline was the fact that his heart beat faster than it should the moment his eyes caught those dark brown orbs of his.

“Seriously, how many bottles of perfume did you spray on?” Minseok, with a scrunched nose, fanned the air in front of his nose as if trying to get the vanilla-like smell away.

“I’m sorry I forgot to get my laundry last night,” Luhan grinned shamelessly.

“But did you really have to–” Minseok scanned his fellow barista from head to toe. “Luhan, I could’ve been fine if it was AXE or any other males perfume, but it’s vanilla, I mean, did you go to the girls section?”

“I love the smell of it, it’s so soft, you should try some, I’ll give you for free.”

“Hell, no.”

The bell in the front door rang again before Luhan could even reply to that. Luhan immediately turned his body around.

“Good morning and welcome to–” to his surprise, it was the customer from the day before, the guy who made Luhan feel much better for the whole day. “–Hola cafe. May I please know what you’d like to get?” the tone in his voice gradually changed as the customer walked in.

Coming in without a phone, he was wearing the same outfit, maybe a bit darker if Luhan wasn’t mistaken. He had his hands in his pockets, eyes were wandering to find the menu list on the wall. Luhan quickly grabbed his pen and the cups.

“Half decaf Grande, one pump vanilla, Cinnamon Dolce Latte,” h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter