One

My Sister's Partner

"Your girlfriend has a syndrome called 22q.11 besides her heart issues."

Those words keep playing in Jungkook's head over and over again and it kinda haunts him. Like literally. He sits on his bed and receives a call out of the blue. He takes his phone and looks at the caller ID before smiling faintly. He answers the call and asks, "How are you, Laura?"

"I'm fine. How about you? Have you eaten yet?" Laura said in a worried tone. Jungkook hums and replied, "I just finished dinner, dear."

"Since when you start calling me like that?" Jungkook smiles widely as he hears Laura chuckling and replied, "Since just now."

"That's so new," Laura said. Jungkook asks, "Do you want me to buy some food tomorrow?"

"Sure. I don't really mind about it," Laura replied. Jungkook asks, "So how's your sister's partner?"

"He's fine..." Jungkook asks, "Does he know that you are... um... you know what I'm talking about."

"My sister told him so yes. He knows about it," Laura replied in a slight annoyed tone mentioning about her sister. Jungkook hums and said, "I'll see you tomorrow."

Laura ends the call and suddenly hears the door squeak open. She continued focusing on her phone and her sister walks inside the house with a male who is her partner. Laura roll her eyes and stands before her sister stops her from going anywhere. She glares at Laura and asks, "Why didn't you say hi to my boyfriend? At least say hi to me."

"Why should I do that? You don't even care about my health," Laura fired back and Laura's sister raises her hand to slap her. Laura grabs her wrist firmly and the boyfriend separates them before saying, "Let go you old hag."

Laura scoffs in annoyance and leaves the living room. She walks up to her bedroom and closes the door before talking to herself, "She is insane! Why would she like a man who does not like people with disabilities? What if one day they have a disabled child? So dumb."

Laura walks to her bed and sits on the bed befote lying flat on her back. She stares blankly at the chandelier and let out a sigh. She mumbles to herself, "At least Jungkook doesn't know about it. If he does, I'm toast."

Laura slowly falls asleep and...

The doorknob falls to the ground. The metal hits on the tiles and startled Laura. She sits properly and the door is open. Laura quickly scoots herself behind and her sister's boyfriend approaches her before getting on the bed. He holds Laura's wrists and Laura tries to get herself free. The male throws lots of punches to Laura and Laura cries in pain. She coughs as she smells the strong alcohol smell. The male forces her to sit and makes her drink alcohol. Laura chokes from that and the boyfriend said, "Drink up idiot."

Laura shakes her head and the boyfriend chokes her with his bare hand. Laura coughs and eventually faints. The male throws the glass bottle on the floor and leaves the room.

The next few weeks, Laura is resting in the living room. She face times Jungkook and Jungkook answers the call almost immediately. Jungkook smiles as he looks at her and asks, "How's your forehead? I still remember when you fell ehen you wanted to play soccer with the hyungs."

Laura roll her eyes and replied, "It's getting a little better."

Jungkook hums and said, "Take care of yourself."

"I know. I am not a little kid, unlike you," Laura said with sass. Jungkook pouts and saw a blue-black bruise on Laura's right shoulder, near her collarbone. He asks, "Since when do you have that bruise?"

Laura looks and let out a laugh before replying, "When I fell that day."

"Ah really? I don't think so," Jungkook said. Laura shakes her head and replied, "It's true. It was a huge impact right?"

"Since when soccer players have bruises like that?" Laura bite her lips and Jungkook asks, "What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing. Really," Laura convinced Jungkook. Jungkook let out an audible sigh and replied, "Okay. Ah! By the way, I'll come to your house with Yoongi and Tae-hyung this weekend."

"Okay~" Jungkook kisses his camera and waves goodbye. Laura giggles and ends the call when her sister walks inside the house. She quickly stands and leaves to her room. She closes the door and uses a chair to block the door before sitting on the chair. She sighs heavily and the same thing happens to her again.

That weekend, Laura is at home with her sister's boyfriend. She watches TV while the male is eating. He gets off from his chair and walks to the TV before pushing her away. Laura looks at him and the male said, "I want to play video games."

"Excuse me but I want to watch my favourite show," Laura fired back. The male hits her head with the remote control and they fight again. The male beats her and the door is open. Jungkook, Yoongi and Tae-hyung quickly approaches the male and throw punches on him. Laura escapes and hides behind the couch as she looks at them fighting. Laura's sister walks in and screams as she approaches them. She separates everyone and slaps Jungkook before shouting, "What the hell are you doing to my boyfriend?!"

Jungkook shoots her with a glare and replied, "Your boyfriend abused my girlfriend."

Laura's sister scoffs and Jungkook approached Laura. He pulls her up and drags her out. Tae-hyung spits at the male's eyes and runs with Yoongi out from the house. The four of them get inside the car and Jungkook asks, "Are you alright?"

Laura nods and said, "Thank you for saving me, boys."

Tae-hyung smiles and ruffles her hair. Yoongi said, "He's a trash since forever." They all burst into laughter as Yoongi starts driving. Jungkook said, "Let us bring her to go on a check up and we can eat dinner."