Oneshot!

Power

Kyungsoo loved sleep-overs, mostly because he could just hang with his friends and do nothing. He couldn’t wait for his last period to finish, sure he loved biology and Mr. Jung, but today is Friday and c’mon Baekhyun will give him a ride home. How could a human being not get anxious about it?

“For next class, I want two reports on the mitochondria and fucosidosis. It will give you extra bonus”

The class almost didn’t hear him, most of the people were already going out to meet their friends to enjoy the weekend before the finals. Kyungsoo was in the sea of people that flood the hallways.

What a mess, he thought. His plan was simple for this last minutes in school, it goes something like: go to the locker, get homework and go running to the entrance to meet Baekhyun. And most important don't encounter with Kim Kai. Everything was going smoothly as it can go till the brunette get to his locker, where he found the last person he could meet right now. The amazing - not really in Kyungsoo's opinion- school best football player and resident jock, the notorious, loved by all hated by many, Kim Kai.

“Oh,” Kai said feeling the presence of the smaller checking out his jersey “Hi Soo! I was waiting for you!” He smiled. damn it Kyungsoo, why you? God, what I did to you?

“Kai” Kyungsoo said quickly trying his best to open his red locker, never in a million years was this difficult. He was not really looking at the blonde boy, his heart was beating to fast for him to think about something else.

“So, what are your plans for this weekend?” Kai said looking at the nervous boy, putting his hand inside his pockets, is he going to kill me? I hope he doesn't, Kyungsoo’s mind is running wild excuse him.

The brunette stopped, got away from his locker a little bit. “Why?” His tone was a little bit rude, he was not expecting this, but he decides to analyze Kai closer, he could see the boy was nervous himself. “I mean, why do you want to know?” Now he said in a softer tone.

“Oh, nothing… Nothing” Wait, Kai is flushed looking down? *What should I do?* The blonde up close wasn’t as cool as everybody thought he's just a shy very good looking boy “I want to ask you something actually”

Kyungsoo was trembling now, he wasn’t prepared for this, slowly turning to the blonde boy, but maybe the locker's door between them, he wasn't making any move and Kai was waiting an answer that never came, so he decided to look to the cute guy and getting his courage together he said:

“An… Would you go-”

A telephone rang. And it was Kyungsoo’s phone.

 

Damn

 

“Soo, where are you? We need to go, like, right now!” Kyungsoo is sure that Baekhyun’s voice is heard by Kai, because he had to get the phone a little away from his ear, yes Baekhyun was this loud. This kid doesn’t know how to be quiet and he calls in the most inappropriate hours.

“Sorry, I’m coming”

“Come quick! If you take any more minutes I will cut your ba--”

“Sorry Kai, I need to go. We talk later yeah?” Closing his locker and tossing his backpack he started to run down the corridor. There is something strange, he exercises a lot, so there is no need for his heart to be beating so fast right now.

 

God help me!

.

.

.

 

Later

 

The record of playing in a weekend at Baekhyun’s house was almost 32 hours, with a break for eating and a little nap somewhere in the middle. Baekhyun got in his mind that the weekend before the finals will be the weekend they will beat their record, so here they are, not really studying but playing video games. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were laying down on the redhead bedroom on their journey in some horror game, Baekhyun on the floor near the bed, and Kyungsoo looking everything from the bed, wrapped up into a lot of blankets.

“If I die one more time, it’s your turn.”

Kyungsoo hummed, looking his friend so focused playing. Baekhyun always says this but he won’t die, Kyungsoo probably will be watching till he dies in some boss fight and he will need help to pass and will take the controller again. Typical Baekhyun and Kyungsoo really don't mind watching at all.

His phone went off, showing a new text message

 

[from Unknown Number]

Hey, you can talk now?

 

Wait…

 

Kyungsoo looking up from his phone to his friend, which wasn’t paying any attention to the smallest and then looked down to his phone again. With not so many movements he started to type a reply when he receives another text.

 

[from Unknown Number]

Oh right, I forgot.

Here is Jongin ~

 

WAIT

 

He turned suddenly do Baekhyun smacking his head with a pillow. He felt so betrayed now that he didn’t bother himself with the loud scream Baekhyun made.

“Baek! How could you?”

“What? Are you crazy Soo~~? I’m almost beating this part!”

“Oh shut up” He got off the bed and sat near his best friend “Kai’s just sent me a text”

“Ohh~~ He did?” Smiling like a madman Baekhyun looked toward Kyungsoo, who was as red as a tomato. “Maybe Chanyeol did something right, once in a while this happens … but thinking about it, he sure does how to make me mo-”

“You shouldn’t go around throwing my number to the airs!” Kyungsoo didn't let Baekhyun finish.

“You didn’t like then?”

“It’s not that. It’s just… I don’t know how to reply, and he’s the popular guy. I’m just Kyungsoo”

“You are not just Kyungsoo. You are THE Kyungsoo.” The game was forgotten (not really, just on pause, Baekhyun couldn’t lose his progress), both boys were sitting on the redhead floor. “Do you want me to reply for you?”

 

Kyungsoo thought about the possibilities. A big freaking no.

 

“I'll pass. Thanks.”

 

“Then answer him, you know he still waiting ~” Kyungsoo knew that his best friend wasn't playing the game again till he made a move.

[To Unknown Number]

hey, I can talk, yes, no problem

 

Oh my god, that's awkward

 

Sure Baekhyun wouldn't comeback playing his game but isn't also trying to see what Kyungsoo was doing. He is just blabbering about something that Chanyeol did. Kyungsoo just waited for his reply.

 

[from Kim Kai]

are you busy this weekend?

I have tickets for the first game of the season

I want you to come ;)

 

No reaction. Not at all.

“Baek, he's asking me on a date?” He said more like a question than an affirmation.

"Probably. And you should accept, he is your crush for, like 2 years..."

"Still... Is this a prank?" The smaller said looking to his best friend angrily. "I swear to God, Baek, I will kill you and Chanyeol if it is."

Baekhyun dramatically put his hand on his chest, how could he make such accusations, he took the forgotten controller back in his hand.

"Kyung, he pestered Chanyeol to talk to me to give your number to him. It's not a prank"

Kyungsoo looked to his friend, who now was playing his game like he didn't say the most scandalous thing. Before taking the courage to answer Kai, he threw one of the pillows he was laying down on.

 

[To Kim Kai]

I was going to play video games.

but, I will see with my mom...

 

He was going to finish his text when Baekhyun said loudly.

"Don't say anything about asking your parents, he knows you are staying out this weekend" Baekhyun blinked with a wicked smile.

Uhg, sometimes he hated Baekhyun so freaking much and his gigantic boyfriend. He then came back to finish his text

 

[To Kim Kai]

thanks for inviting me.

I will go :)

srry for the late reply

 

His answer didn't take long

 

[From Kim Kai]

oh that's cool :3

I'll see tomorrow then, u know to give u the tickets and stuff…

 

Kyungsoo laughed at how awkward Kai sounded.

 

.

.

.

 

Saturday arrived quickly than he thought, now he is here, four in the afternoon wearing not but a cardigan some skinny pants Baekhyun lent him. He wonders how he can use it and still be able to jump around like he is always doing.

“Soo, I’m going with Chan first, you know, you can call me if anything happens.” The redhead said looking serious, which he only did once in a while, after seeing his friend almost freaking out outside the basketball court.

“No problem, Baek. I’m going to be fine.” The petite male said smiling softly. They hugged and then the redhead went inside. Kyungsoo stayed there wondering if he is too early and if his outfit is okay.

He got his cell phone. Maybe he should send Jongin a message? If he is driving? He should send it, because, you know, traffic laws. And if he forgot about meeting him? He may be made fun of… He should have known better, this was a prank and maybe someone will come out the cars saying he is in one of that tv shows from MTV….

“Soo!” He heard his name being called.

 

Oh….

 

“Kai, hi!” He said. Thank god he arrived and made him stop thinking.

“I’m sorry I made you wait. It was quite hard to find a parking spot.” He smiled looking at the parking lot, then looking at the blushing male smiling.

“No problem.” Both smiled at each other. Kyungsoo looked to the younger outfit, he was stunning, wearing a white shirt and some jeans. Simple but so handsome, if Kyungsoo doesn’t stop he will start drooling.

“You look so pretty!” Jongin said, “ I mean, you look good.”

 

So awkward, he’s so cute

 

They stayed just like that, smiling at each other. When something snapped the younger.

“So, let’s go inside. I need to change my uniform, I mean to my uniform.” Kyungsoo laughed following the taller. Jongin smoothly got his hand around Kyungsoo’s waist leading to the basketball court.

“Do you want to eat something?” After they got in Kai asked him looking shy.

“No, don’t worry, Kai, you can go chan-”

“Call me Jongin..” He said quickly.

 

Oh

 

“Jongin…” Kyungsoo repeated, linking the sound of his crush’s name coming out of his mouth. He liked it so much, especially after seeing Kai- Jongin smile.

“I really need to go… We talk later, please wait for me”

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded. Kai started to go into the lockers area when Kyungsoo decided to be bold once in a while and called him. After the taller one stopped with a confused face, with a deep breath Kyungsoo got closer.

“Good luck” He kissed Jongin’s lips, it was quickly, too quickly for his liking. Before the other could react he moved away smiling and then entering the bleachers, leaving a shocked but happy Jongin behind.

He didn’t miss the other scream of happiness while he could only laugh, going to sit with his best friend.

“O-Okay. What happening my baby is so red and it’s smiling like that?” Baekhyun said almost in a shocking tone when the smaller didn’t reply he looked closer and then he got it.

“They have grown SO FAST!” He screamed getting people around them looking strangely at their way.

“CHANYEOL OUR BABY IS SO GROWN NOW!!!” Baekhyun screamed at his boyfriend, which was already on the pitch ready to start the match. Kyungsoo looking at his best friend, sunk in his seat.

What a great best friend…

But soon he saw Jongin looking at them, he forgot everything.

He couldn’t be happier.