Fin.

Different Lifetime (Maid of Evil Sequel)

The former prince of the former Kingdom of Oh, stands at the shore. Shoes removed, pants folded up to his knees, and the hood of his cloak down. On his hand he hold a bottle with a piece of paper inside, and a flower. He stands there silently watching the sunset at the horizon.

Unknown to the former prince, a boy watches behind a wall near the shore. The boy observes the former prince while holding a knife. This boy was named Baekhyun, from the family of farmers the ‘Byuns’.

He watches the former prince even when the sun has set. He was about to attack the former prince but stopped when the former prince suddenly fell on his knees. He went back to his hiding place to observe, when he suddenly heard someone sobbing. It was painful to listen. It sounded so sad, like it was filled with a lot of negative emotions. Like it was filled with regret, grief, sadness, anger, mourning…

A tear suddenly fell on Baekhyun’s cheek as he remembered the face of his dear friend. The friend who was the only one who accepted him in the five years they were together. Doe eyes shinning brightly, a smile that can make others smile, voice that could produce a wonderful melody. His best friend…Lu.

It was all the former princes fault. If only…if only he received the punishment. If he didn’t make Lu pretend to be him…He would still be alive…

With revenge on his mind, he raised the knife and turned to run to the prince. But what he saw made him stop and drop the knife. He saw the prince walking to the water bottle and flower clutched to his chest while tears flow freely on his cheeks. He stopped when the water reached his waist and released the bottle and flower into the sea, then he continued walking deeper into the sea.

Baekhyun couldn’t believe his eyes, no he couldn’t let this happen. He was the one who will kill the former prince. ‘No, the prince cant die like this. I’ll be the one to kill him…I’ll avenge Lu!’

He was about to call to the prince for him to stop, when a voice suddenly stopped him, “Don’t. Let him be. They need to be together. They’ve been separated for so long, it’s time for them to be together for as long as they want.” Baekhyun looked at owner of the voice and found a tall man with big ears. “But…”

“You don’t know their story. You cant say that the prince made Luhan pretend as him. It was Luhan, who offered to pretend. I have watched their story. I was their when they were torn apart by the tradition. I was there when they got reunited. I was there when the Luhan personally rejected the deceased Prince Jongin’s proposal. I was there when Luhan killed the 4th prince. I was there when Luhan was executed. I saw how beautiful yet tragic their love could be. How I saw all that? By simply being a gardener. I was still little when they were torn apart but I was there because my father was a gardener there. Then I inherited his job and watched the beautiful yet sad love story of a prince and slave…”

Baekhyun didn’t say anything, but instead he looked at the prince who was now chest deep. It was dark but he could still make out the princes shape. The flower and bottle nowhere in sight.

“That flower he was holding it was a bellflower or campanula witch means unwavering love…” After that no one said a thing as they watched the prince finally disappear under the water. Baekhyun could not understand why, but somehow he feels like a heavy disappeared from his shoulders. Tears just kept on flowing down on his cheeks, but he couldn’t help but smile.

Baekhyun looked at the man who was still looking at the spot where the prince have disappeared into. The man turned to him, and saw that Baekhyun was crying. The man smiled and wiped
tears. They both looked up at the night sky and whispered a wish.

The man looked at the ground and saw the knife. He picked it up and placed it gently into Baekhyun’s hands. “I still haven’t properly introduced myself, Park Chanyeol.”

Baekhyun looks at the knife at his hands and smiled. “Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun…”

The pair continued to stare at each other for awhile, before they nodded at each other and went their different ways. Their wishes lingering in their thoughts, hoping that the gods will hear.

‘We wish that they’ll be able to see each other again in another lifetime, and they’ll be able to love once again.’

HUNDRED OF YEARS LATER

The world has changed. Modern technology is now part of human’s daily life. The Kingdom of Oh and Kingdom of Kim is now called Korea. The have become an even more dangerous place.

Alley ways become a recent place for killings. Bodies found randomly. There are times where it can be identified, some unfortunate enough to be unrecognizable.

Mafia.

A world where you abide by the rules or else you get killed. Kill or be killed. In this world the most powerful person is Oh Sehun. Everyone is afraid of him. One wrong move and you’re dead.

Oh Sehun
25 Years of Age
CEO of OSH Travel Agency

Even though everyone is afraid of him people still fall for him. Every girl and bi or gay boys fall for him. With his platinum blond hair, and all black get-up, he can get anyone he wants. But he isn’t like that. He doesn’t like being touched by anyone in a dirty way. He doesn’t know why, but if someone touches him in a not-so-innocent way it just doesn’t feel right.

That’s why there’s a girl in front of Sehun begging for her life. “Hey , didn’t I tell you not to touch me but you still touched me and now you’re begging for your life. You’re an idiot, do you know that? Surely you know what happens to people who disobey me…” Sehun smirked at the girl and turned to leave.

The girl’s eyes widened thinking that she’ll get spared. But her hopes got crushed when she heard Sehun’s voice one again, “Chanyeol, it’s up to you now. I’ll be at my office.” Chanyeol nodded and brought his gun out and aimed it at her head.

The girl pleaded for her life but no one listened. “Are you done yapping now?” Chanyeol asked in a cold tone that gave the girl shivers on her spine. The girl grew more scared, she was about to plead again when a bullet pierced her head.

The girls body fell like a doll, blood oozing out of its head. Chanyeol motioned for the others to clean up the mess. He left the place and followed Sehun to his office. When he finally entered the Sehuns office he found staring out of the window, gazing at dark blue sky.

He waited for Sehun to talk. Looking at the man now, he knows the other is thinking of something. They’ve been together in this business for years now. And they’ve been treating each other like brothers, they share a bond that even they cant explain. He knew the other well, so he knows when something is bugging Sehun.

“It happened again…” Sehun suddenly said. Chanyeol didn’t say anything and waited for Sehun to continue. “It’s always the same guy...beautiful sparkling doe eyes…plump lips…I can feel myself say his name…but I can’t make it out…do you think this means something?”

Sehun looked at him, his face full of distress. Chanyeol couldn’t bare looking at his friend like that so he looked at his feet and muttered, “I don’t know…” Sehun looks outside again and begins to speak, “It’s just this dreams…it feels so real. I feel all the emotions…it hurts when I saw him leave…and I felt happy, content when he came back… jealous and threatened when someone else wanted him…proud when he did what I asked to…scared when a war suddenly happened…and I felt like a part of me died when I saw get killed…and that letter…that letter in the bottle…everything felt so real. It felt so real to the point where it’s hard to control my emotions…”

At this point Sehun was already crying. It should be weird seeing a mafia boss cry, but not for Chanyeol. He had seen Sehun cry a lot of times, for the same reason. He cant give an answer to Sehun’s questions. He really doesn’t know. Chanyeol was thinking of words to say to Sehun when he suddenly remembered.

He had a similar dream. Just a different boy. This boy was different he was sure, Sehuns descriptions were different. They were standing near the shore it was night, they were watching a man go into the sea… Just like Sehun’s description it felt so real. He felt every emotion at that time. And he remembers a few words being said but still not complete to give a conclusion…

‘…each other again in a different lifetime…’

What was next? He can feel it, it felt like he knew what was next he just cant put his finger on it. “different lifetimes…” Chanyeol muttered. Sehun looked at him curiously, but he didn’t say anything. He stayed silent for a few minutes, thinking if his assumptions can be true. He looked at Sehun and said, “Different lifetimes…It could be right? Reincarnations?”

The two stared at each other for a few moments, Sehun was about to speak when they heard a knock on the door. Sehun wiped the tears away and composed his self. “Come in,” Sehun said in a cold tone.

A man known as Kyungsoo went in. He nodded at Chanyeol when he passed him and bowed when reached the desk. “What do you need?” Sehun asked. “I’m here to report sir. Tao and Kris have returned with their squad. They have successfully taken a few of Jongins minions. Although one denies that he is one of Jongins minions and says that he was personally kidnapped by Jongin. That is all sir.”

Sehun seemed to think for a moment before he looked at Kyungsoo and spoke, “Lead the way. I’d like to see this person who claims that he was kidnapped by that bastard.”

The two followed Kyungsoo through the corridors. But with each step Sehun take things keep flashing in his mind. A flower. Bottle with a letter inside. Doe eyes…

By the time they have reached the room where they place the prisoners for Sehun to examine sparkling doe eyes have haunted his mind. Sehun scanned all of the captures, but eyes landed on a particular one. This particular one have the same eyes that hunts his mind. The only difference is this once teary. When he saw a tear drop from the boys face he felt something inside him break.

He slowly walked toward the boy. He could feel every ones eyes on him but he could care less. There’s something in this boy that draws him in. When he reached the boy he gently placed his hands on the boys chin and tilted its head to face him.

He scanned the boys face and a feeling of familiarity rushed trough him. The boy who he kept seeing in his dreams is now in front of him. He didn’t know what to feel. He wanted to ask if this is real. His mind is filled with unanswered questions. “How…” he was so confused. The boy doesn’t say anything. They just continued to stare at each other.

‘Lu…’

Sehun suddenly heard in his mind. Moments from his dreams suddenly started flashing in his mind.

‘…goodbye.’

‘…hunnie!’

‘I missed you…’

‘My heart is for Prince Sehun only’

‘There is only one Prince Sehun’

‘…Sehunnie’

‘…please’

‘Live on’


Tears started flowing on Sehuns cheeks witch shocked everyone. “LuHan…” Sehun whispered. Luhan’s eyes widened for a moment, before he closed it and started sobbing loudly. “Hunnie…”

Sehun leaned his forehead on Luhan’s and released a shaky breath. “…you looked a bit different from my dreams. That’s why I didn’t recognize you… Those dreams it just felt so real… I thought it was just my imagination… I didn’t expect that I’d really meet you…” Luhan said in between his sobs.

Sehun didn’t say anything he just wrapped his arms around Luhan. It was took a few moments before Sehun spoke, “Is what Chanyeol said true? Is this what they call Reincarnation? A persons feelings, emotions, and soul born again? Is this it? If not, then what is it?”

“I don’t know Hunnie…all I know is I’ve been seeing you in my dreams…I didn’t even expect to see you in person…I didn’t even know you really exist…If me and my bestfriend didn’t get kidnapped by that Jongin person then I wouldn’t have met you…” Luhan said.

Sehun stiffened when he heard that Jongin kidnapped Luhan. He had forgotten about that when he first saw the boy. Then he remembered the guy who wanted to take Luhan from him in his dreams was also named Jongin. Luhan looked at Sehun when he suddenly stiffened, worried that he said something wrong.

“Hunnie? Are you—” he was cut off when Sehun suddenly bombarded with questions. “He didn’t do anything to you right? He didn’t touch you? Did he hurt you? Where’s your bestfriend? Why did he kidnap you?”

“Sehun calm down. He didn’t touch me or hurt me. We just arrived at their base when your boys grabbed me. Sadly Baekhyuns still with them…as for the reason…I don’t really know…” Luhan said slowly. Sehun nodded and wrapped his arms around Luhan again.

Chanyeol observed the two from distance. The others have already left with the prisoners giving the two private time. But Chanyeol chose to stay. He wanted to see this. It felt so familiar, like he had done it before. Watching Sehun and this boy, watching their story bloom.

He let the two talk but then he heard Luhan mention a name. Baekhyun…it felt like he had heard it before. The familiarity is there, although he doesn’t where he heard it. He heard Sehun ask Luhan about a letter in a bottle. If he had dreamed about it. He saw Luhan nod and smile.

Luhan was just about to speak when Kyungsoo suddenly burst into the room, panting. “Sehun! Jongins attacking!” Sehun suddenly became alert and took Luhans hand into his, gripping into it like his life depended on it.

“Chanyeol.” Just one word from Sehun and already know it. “Got it.” Chanyeol ran to the place where the fighting was happening. Kyungsoo stayed there looking at Sehun waiting for instructions. “Kyungsoo, take good care of Luhan. Protect him. I trust his life to you.”

Sehun turns to Luhan and kissed his forehead. “If you dreamt about the bottle and letter then you already know…” Sehun looked at Luhan one last time before running out of the room, tapping Kyungsoo’s shoulder when he passed him. Kyungsoo looked at Luhan grabbed his wrist and said, “Don’t worry he can handle his self. And let’s worry about formalities later let’s get you to a safer place.”

Dear Luhan
My love, I was so happy when I saw you again after 5 years. I thought no one could stop us from loving each other. But I was wrong. Fate really hated us. Someone tried to take you away from me. I was proud of you when you turned him down and I was the only one in your heart. I thought killing him could quiet down everything, so we could live a peaceful life. But then I placed you in danger because of it. We…no, I had created war. And because of my foolishness you…you were killed. It should have been me. I should have never agreed. I should have taken the punishment. I should have been the one that died. I’m sorry my love…if not for my foolishness then you would still be alive.

If we are reborn again. If we are given another chance at love and life…I swear to god this time I will protect you. I will everything to protect you, too keep you alive. This I will not foolish… I will make sure that we both live… I will protect you.

I love you…always and forever.

-Sehun


Kyungsoo dragged Luhan to Sehun’s office. One of the most safe places in the building. Gun shot could be heard around the building, making Luhan scared. When they reached Sehun’s office Kyungsoo almost threw him inside. “Stay inside, hide under Sehun’s desk. Don’t come our unless me, Chanyeol or Sehun comes for you,” Kyungsoo told him and closed the door.

He followed Kyungsoo’s instructions and hid under Sehun’s desk. He waited there for what felt like hours, when he heard the door creak. He didn’t say anything, and waited if it was the Kyungsoo guy, Chanyeol or Sehun. He heard footsteps but he still didn’t move from where he was.

“Luhan. Where are you?” this voice…it wasn’t Sehun’s or Chanyeol or Kyungsoo. This voice made him shiver… “Luhan.” The voice called to him once again in a sing-song voice. “Luhan if you don’t come out I’ll kill your bestfriend,” the voice said in a more stern voice. Luhan was scared. Scared for both him and his bestfriend, and also Sehun. Where was Sehun? He needed Sehun…

Tears started flowing down his cheeks. Thinking of what happened to Sehun. “Luhan!” the voice suddenly shouted, clearly irritated. Luhan shakily stood up, “I…I’m here…don’t hurt Baekhyun…” Luhan looked at mans face and felt fear.

Jongin…the man who had kidnapped him and his bestfriends. Jongin smiled and went to Luhan. “Good boy, you don’t want your friend hurt right? Now come with me.”

He was just a meter close to Jongin when suddenly a gun-shot rang around the room and Jongins body fell. Luhan screamed not expecting the attack. He just stopped screaming when he felt familiar arms wrap around him.

“I thought…I thought…you were gone…” Luhan sobbed into Sehuns chest. “I told you I’d protect you didn’t I,” after saying that Sehun gently swayed them to make Luhan stop sobbing. They were quietly swaying when Luhan suddenly remembered his bestfriend.

“Don’t worry. Your bestfriends safe. His with Chanyeol, do you want to see him?” Sehun said. Luhan nodded and Sehun guided them to where Baekhyun and Chanyeol was.

Luhan clinged to Sehun when they reached the place where the duo was. Dead bodies littered the floor, blood staining the tiles. They saw the Chanyeol and Baekhyun talking on the spot where there were less bodies. Baekhyun had already seen Luhan but made no move to go to Luhan, instead he waited with a smile on his face.

Chanyeol smiled softly at the scene. He now remembers the wishes they had made in his dreams.

‘We wish that they’ll be able to see each other again in another lifetime, and they’ll be able to love once again.’

Chanyeol looked at Sehun and saw the soft look the latter was giving Luhan. After the reunion of the bestfriends Luhan went back to Sehun and hugged him tightly. He smiled softly, his brother like friend have now found the answers to his questions.

“They fit together like a puzzle don’t they,” Baekhyun suddenly said from beside him. He looked at the Baekhyun and found him smiling at him. Chanyeol nodded and averted his eyes to the couple, “Yeah, they complete each other…” Chanyeol suddenly felt a hand on his, he looked at the owner of the hand and saw him smiling at him. Chanyeol intertwined their hands and smiled at Baekhyun.

They both looked at Sehun and Luhan just in time to see the two kiss. Sehun and Luhan looked so happy even when bodies surround them. “I promise I’ll protect you forever. I’m never letting you go,” Sehun muttered while nuzzling Luhan’s hair.

‘The gods really did listen…a chance to live and love only in a different lifetime.’