“If this is a dream, don’t wake me up.”

Forever Love - Like A Dream

I attached together every scene with an appropriate song. Do listen to it while reading this. It might help you a bit :)


[O.When - How Do You Say]

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down. She might looked relax outside but inside her heart was beating fast like on the rollercoaster.

‘Today is the day.’

She thought as she keep clenching tight on her lunchbox. “Where is she? I thought she was supposed to arrive earlier than me. Now I have to wait alone.” She just walked around the place to reduce her nervous.

“AhRi-ah!” she turned around as her name was called. “Unnie~ Why are you so late?” she frowned. “I’m sorry dongsaeng-ah. There’s a little bit traffic problem at the corner in front there and I can’t find any parking here.” “Of course. Can’t you see how many people here right now?” AhRi later gave her a warm hug and they went straight to the queue. “The notice said it was supposed to open now. By the way unnie, where is Seungcheol oppa?” Her unnie sighed a bit. “He’s busy preparing their concert so he can’t make it.” “I understand since ‘he’ also finished their concert recently. Send my regard to him and the whole team. Especially Chan.” AhRi smiled as she mentioned her little brother. “Why don’t you visit them? Seungkwan and Soonyoung keep asking me when you’ll come.”

“YooA unnie. It’s not like you don’t know my parents. It’s a fortunate they let me come here despite the crowd.” “Yeah and they even assigned me as your guard.” AhRi grinned. “Komawo unnie.”

The door opened and they entered the hall.

“Unnie I’m nervous. This is my first time. What if he didn’t like me? What if I looked like a zombie? Omo I can’t think straight right now.” “Calm down and relax dear. You looked fine and gorgeous as always.” YooA smiled reassuring her. They walked to the chair prepared with numbers on it. “Our number isn’t that bad. Out of these 200 people we’re on 20th.”

She smiled then everything was like a slow motion. She didn’t hear anything except her own thumping heart as her eye gaze followed the figure that was walking on the stage. All the fans were screaming and yelling their oppa name and there she was just sitting quietly and watched him.

It was so loud for a while until the leader started to introduce himself. “Annyeonghaseyo. Bang Yong Guk imnida.” The leader bowed a bit and showed his gummy smile. “Annyeong~ Himchan imnida.” He waved his hand and smiled.

‘Ack. It’s him.’

He bowed and took the microphone from Himchan. “Annyeong!” he waved his hand and the crowd went crazy. But not her. She can hear her heartbeat was pounding like crazy.

‘So this is how it feel to meet someone you love.’

He smiled a bit. “B.A.P main vocal, Dae Hyun imnida.”

“Yah. Are you okay? You looked pale.” YooA nudged her. “I think.. I need to go to the ladies.. now.” They left the hall and went to the toilet.

“Are you sure you can make it today? Or maybe we can try again to-”

“Aniya.” She cut her. “It’s okay. This is the only chance.”

~~

~~

She washed her face and stared into the mirror. ‘It’s okay. It’s not that noticeable.’ Anxious, she put her hand on her chest. ‘Today’s going to be fine.’ She chanted and went back into the hall. The fan signing event has started and she went back into the queue. YooA grabbed her hand.

“I thought you won’t make it. Don’t scare me like that. Here, your bag. Everything is in there?”

“Unnie don’t worry. I’ve checked at the very least 10 times yesterday.”

The number of people in front of her started to reduce and she inhaled a deep breath. She stepped a bit to front and now she was facing their maknae.

“Junhong anyeong.” She waved a little and gives him the booklet to sign. “Anyeong. Are you a noona? What’s your name?” he asked while signing the book. “Ahri. Lee Ahri. By the way, I don’t prepare that much so here this is for you.” She handed him a laminated picture of her drawing of him. “Wow. This is soo pretty! Thanks noona. Would you like a high five?”

“That would do.” She high fived him and went to the next member. It’s Yongguk.

“Yongguk oppa anyeong.” She smiled. The person in front of her flashed back his famous gummy smile. “Anyeong.” He took the booklet and instantly signed it. “Name?” Still dazed by his charm, she stuttered “Ahri. Lee Ahri imnida. I’m 21 years old. Oppa, your smiles are sure pretty.”

Confused, he asked her back. “Pretty? That’s the very first time in this 6 years I’ve heard someone said pretty.” He chuckled a bit and smiled back. “So, who’s your favourite member?” Without being able to answer back as the next fan start to move, she quickly gives a drawing of him and move to the next member. “Oppa, mian.” He just smiled, understanding her quick reaction. ‘Not me for sure.’

“Anyeong pretty.” Himchan greeted her. “Oppa anyeong. My name is Lee Ahri.” She took out the same drawing and gave it to him. “It’s not that pretty since oppa is a lot more handsome in the real life but please accept this.”

“Uwaa. This is amazing. You drew this? You’re so talented!” Her cheeks blushed. “I’m not that talented but I tried my best to portray you. And this drawing is my view of you.” He smiled as she explained. “Thank you.” He said.

Then she moves to the next chair. It’s Youngjae. “Anyeong haseyo oppa.” She nodded a bit. “Anyeong. What is your name?”

“My name is Lee Ahri. Can I ask something?” He looked at her as he finished sign the booklet. “My friend over there is your fan. Can you make a heart at her?” He looked over her and saw YooA at her seat. “Why she’s not in the line? She can meet me directly.”

“She’s a shy person.” Ahri chuckled. “Ahh..” he nodded understandingly and make a heart sign towards her. YooA’s ears turned red. ‘This idiot.’ Ahri in the inside tried her best not to laugh out loud. “Oppa komawo. Ah by the way, this is for you.” She gave her the drawing. “Waa komapda. This is a very good looking man.” Being Youngjae, he can’t skip the self-praise time.

She’s about to laugh it all but suddenly her heart ached. ‘Why now? I still need to meet him.’ She glanced at the person next to Youngjae while grabbing her chest. ‘No. I have to keep going. This might be the last chance.’ “Oppa thank you~” she smiled and slowly moved to the next member which is.. him.

[2bic - Heart]

“Daehyun oppa, anyeong.” She tried her best to smile and tried not to break down as she could in any time. “An~yeong~” he took the booklet casually and signed it off. “Lee Ahri. My name is Lee Ahri.”

She stared his face, tried to remember the detail well. The mole under his left eye, those pimples near his neck, the pen he was holding using his right hand, his pretty, big hand. She wants to remember the moment well. She didn’t want this moment to past. She want to make this moment last forever.

Tears spilled down her cheeks without she knows it. The next thing she knew, he passed her a tissue with a concern look on his face. “You.. okay?”

“Ne? Ah mian. I don’t know what is wrong with me. Ha ha ha.” She laughed it off as she wiped her tears. “Sorry." She took out the drawing and gave it to him. “This is yours. I-” she stopped as her heart ached again. ‘Not now. I have to finish this well.’

“I drew this as I was thinking of you.” She covered her face as she start to blush so hard. “Thank you. This is good. Am I always this handsome?” he observed the detailed drawing. ‘Yes. You are.’ She smiled. The next person were about to finish. She sighed and smiled again.

“You don’t want to apart from me? It’s okay. You can come again tomorrow.” He smiled, tried to reassuring her.

Ahri shook her head slowly. “Aniyo. If anything, my friend will come over.” She pointed at YooA from the waiting place. ‘This is my first and last chance. Don’t forget me oppa.’

Like telepathy, he replied. “I won’t forget you. It’s rare to get such pretty drawing as present you know?” He showed the drawing of him.

“Thank you Daehyun oppa.”

She smiled before moved to Jongup.

“Ahri-ssi.” Shocked, she looked at him. “High-five?”

~~

~~

“That’s all from us. Uri B.A.P Yes sir! Thank you everyone. See you tomorrow~” they bid goodbye and the fans left the hall. Only Ahri and YooA remained.

“Unnie, I don’t think I can make it.” Sweat slipped down from her side face. Her face turned pale. “Ahri hold on. Let’s get out from this place first. I’ve called the ambulance.” Ahri nodded weakly and they walked slowly leaving the place.

Inside the ambulance, Ahri having a difficult time trying to breathe. Her heart ached twice than usual. Her hands were shaking. Cold sweats were forming.

Ironic moment happened as the ambulance passed the private van the boys were riding. 

Ahri removed the mask as she attempted to talk to her. “Unnie. Can I.. make it? Am I.. able to.. meet mom-” she coughed a bit before continuing. “And.. dad?” YooA’s eyes were swelling as she cried too much. “Yes you will. I know.. you are stronger than that.” She held her hand tight, afraid to lose her in any second. Ahri smiled. “Unnie.. if I failed.. this time.., remember.. what I’ve told you. Okay?”

“NO. You gonna make it again this time. Don’t you dare to close your eyes on me, Ahri-ah..” her voice was shaking. “I promise you. You can fight it again this time. Ajussi can’t you be faster than this?” The ambulance speeds up through the night. “Ahri-ah.. stay strong... We’ll make it too this time.” Tears spilled again down her cheeks.

“Ne.. arrasoyo unnie.” She put on back the mask and in speed of light, they arrived at the hospital. Ahri was brought to the emergency room as she faced the difficulties to breathe.

“Ommoni..” YooA ran towards her aunt, Mrs Lee. “I’m afraid..” she hugged her tightly. “Yooa-ah. Don’t be. Believe in her. Ok?” she patted her back. “If miracles happened I won’t ever leave her again.. She’s fighting.. alone.” YooA can’t seem to stop her tears. “She was okay this evening but suddenly.. she.. she..”

“It’s okay. If it’s time, let her go.” Mrs Lee comforted her as her tears fell too. “She has suffered enough. Ne?”

YooA shook her head no. “I’m not ready for it. I’ve been with her since she’s small. How can I live as if nothing happen when I know the person I’ve growing up with is gone? How can I act like I’m okay when she’s not here? I want to believe in her but I’m too scared she.. won’t make it but I’m not ready.. to let her go too..”

Because it is a dream, it will remain as a dream and not a reality.

~~

~~

[Kim Na Young - Tell Me]

(Next 2 days)

YooA went to the fan signing event alone. She gave each of the member stuff that Ahri prepared ahead of time.

“Anyeong~ You are the friend of that girl named Ahri right? I can’t remember well since it’s already days since I last saw her. Where is she? Is she not coming?” Daehyun looked around. “Oppa. This is for you.” She gives him a box.

“She.. didn’t make it.. that day.”

Her tears fell down. “What-” He opened the box and there’s a letter and keychain inside it. “What do you mean by that?”

“She suffered a final stage of heart tumour. It’s a very rare illness. That’s why when we know it, it’s too late. She didn’t make it.. that night. She.. likes.. no, she loves you a lot. Ever since she saw you back in 2012, she fell for you instantly. And finally she managed to meet you last 2 days but that’s.. the last day for her.. She’s gone.”

His heartbeat dropped as he felt the world crumbled apart. ‘Gone.’

Daehyun wrote something on a paper and gave it to her. “This is my number. Contact me when this event finished. I want.. to visit her.”

~~

~~

YooA and Daehyun walked across the green field towards her graveyard.

“Ahri-ah. I have a surprise for you.” YooA smiled as she looked deeply at the craved name.

“Anyeong.. Lee Ahri ssi. It’s me, Daehyun oppa.” He put the flower in front of it. YooA left the place, giving spaces for Daehyun alone. “Thank you, for loving me for the past 6 years. It meant a lot to me.” He kneeled down. “I’m sorry, I didn’t get the chance.. to return the love back.. to you. I hoped you’re doing well at the other world.” He smiled. “It must be hard for you, right? Now rest well. As I promised, I won’t forget you. You are special to me.” He touched her name. “Thank you.”

A small wind brushes his cheek. If only he can see, she was there, wiping off her happy tears with a smile on her face.

‘Thank you too, for letting me to love you, Daehyun oppa.’