살려줘

Save Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Under the beautiful night sky, city lights can be seen over a cliff. It has been a quiet night. Smooth sound of cars driving through traffic, busy streets that are crowded with people, and soft sounds from owls, crickets, and other animals.

Everything has been great, that is, until steps of a person running through the forest was nearing in, trying to find cover.

"Hah... Hah..." The boy stopped in front of the cliff, holding his knees and catching his breath. She turned around to look at his surroundings. "They won't find me here, would they?"

The boy walked to the end of the cliff, admired the city below and pulled a card from his pocket. He read what's written on it. He supposed that it was a calling card. "Minatozaki Sana. I'm coming for you. Please save me from this hell." He then put back the card and ran down through the forest again, following the lights.

 

 

 

 

"I wish I didn't meet you! I wish I didn't fall in love with you!"

"I could say the same to you!"

Sana sighed at the couple who were trying file a divorce against one another. She rubbed her forehead at the two for the nth time today. They were coming to her for a week, saying that they want a divorce but at the end of the day, they will say they love each other again. She looked at them, her hand still on her forehead. And she had enough of the two bickering then making up.

"Excuse me, Mr. and Mrs. Shin."

The couple shot their heads to Sana. "What?!"

"If you will not file a divorce right now, you may leave."

"What did you say?"

"I said that you two may leave if you will not file a divorce. I mean, you two come here everyday for one week, telling and yelling that you don't love each other anymore but at the end of the day, you will say that you still love each other. And didn't you say that you have a child?" Sana explained.

The couple looked at each other and hung their heads down. "Sorry, Sana-ssi."

Mrs. Shin looked up at her. "We wanted a divorce because we're always arguing about things, even in front of Ryujin. And we had enough. But-" She looked at her husband. "I still love him even after all of this. He has been with me through these years, taking care of me and our child. He has done a lot for our family, and I wouldn't be more proud of him." Mr. Shin looked at her and his wife smiled at him, making him smile back.  

"I could say same. She has been through a lot and I'm happy that I've met her. And I'm happy that I'm here taking care of her and Ryujin." 

Sana looked at them, having a motherly smile on her face. "There's your answer."  

The couple faced her, confused on what she said. Sana noticed their reaction. "After your little speech, I think you know the answer to your problem. If you love each other and Ryujin, don't file anything. Just live and love each other, if not for the both of you, but atleast for your child."

The couple's faces lighten up. "Yeah. Thank you. Ms. Minatozaki." They stood up and bowed at her. They turned around and walked out Sana's office, holding hands.

When the door was closed, Sana let out a big sigh. "Looks like I'm done with them." She smiled and looked at the picture frame on her table. It has a picture of her mother and father, looking very happy. That is, until her mother passed away because of cancer. She remembered every memory she had after that event. 

After her mother passed away, her father would always go outside and getting drunk in different bars everyday. He would go home drunk, trying to look for Sana and then hurt her. He would throw bottles at her, if he had any. He would pull her into a room and lock her inside, leaving her shouting to let her out. That was a dark past for Sana and it was her dream to be a lawyer and defend people who were innocent and who were abused. And without noticing it, tears started to fall down to her cheeks and on to her table. She got back into reality when a knock on her office door was heard.

She wiped her tears and cleared . "Come in."

The door opened, revealing a penguin through the crack. "Sana?"

"Yes, Mina? Come in." And the said person came in her office. "Is there something you want to tell me?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to check on you. You know, after I saw your clients walk out the vicinity, I thought that maybe you're done with them already." Mina said, sitting down on Sana's table.

"Well, they won't be coming back to me anytime soon."

"That's good to know." Mina hummed while looking around the office. "Hey, did you eat?"

"What time is it?" Mina looked at her watch.

"Quarter to 4." She looked down at Sana. "I bet you didn't eat yet."

"How can I when the Shins were bickering non-stop in front of me? And they will not stop if I didn't interrupt them."

"That's why let's go eat outside. It's almost the end of your shift anyway." Mina pulled Sana up.

"Okay okay. Slow down will you?" Mina laughed while pulling her outside the building.

 

 

 

"Are you sure we're here to eat and not you wanting to ogle over the barista behind the counter?" Sana asked while sitting down on the chairs beside their table.

"Hey, I'm not ogling at him."

"Yeah right. You and your flirty ." And that made Mina pout. "Stop pouting and just go over to the counter and order already. I'm starving."

"Well, it's not my fault that you didn't eat earlier." Mina pulled out her tongue to Sana. Sana reached out to pull Mina's tongue but Mina was faster and walked away.

"Don't you make me pull out your tongue, missy!" Mina just turned around and pulled out her tongue again. Sana faked standing up and Mina ran to the counter immediately. Sana shook her head and sat back down. "Aish, that penguin." She then looked out the window.

"What a beautiful sight." She muttered to herself.

"Not as beautiful as you." Sana shot her head at the voice and saw a tall man standing beside their table.

"T-Taehyung." The said person showed his box grin.

"Hey, Sana."

"What are you doing here?" She straightened her back. 

"Well, I passed by and wanted coffee. But then I saw you here." He looked at the chair in front of Sana. "May I sit here?"

"Yeah, sure." And Taehyung smiled then sat down in front of her. "You know, it has been a long time since I've seen you."

"Well, we've both been busy with our lives. You and your modelling job, and me as a lawyer."

"You have achieved your dream, Sana. I'm proud of you." 

"I could say the same to you." Sana looked at Taehyung and saw him staring at her like she's the most beautiful thing that he has ever seen. She coughed. "How are you for the past few years? Do you have a girlfriend?"

Taehyung held his chin, thinking about his life. "Well, nothing much has happened, just work. And no, I still don't have a girlfriend." He looked at Sana and smiled widely. "I will have a girlfriend if you want to be." He shrugged.

Sana nervously laughed and punched Taehyung's shoulder. "Don't say that, Taehyung."

Taehyung frowned at this. "No, really. I want you ba-"

"Hey! Am I missing something here?" Mina cut Taehyung off while carrying a tray of what she has ordered. She put them down on the table and leaned on it. She looked at Sana then at Taehyung. "Hello, Taehyung. What are you doing here?" She asked coldly.

"Hey Mina. Don't talk to him like tha-"

"I was actually passing by until I saw Sana. I'll be going then." Taehyung stood up and looked at Sana. "Thank you for the talk, Sana. I'll see you later. Bye." He then bowed at Mina and left the cafe.

Sana looked at Mina. "What was that all about?"

Mina sighed and sat in front of Sana. "Nothing. I don't want to see him near you." She whispered the last part. But loud enough for Sana to hear. She was about to say something but Mina spoke first. "Come on, let's eat! I know you're starving."

Sana really wanted to ask Mina about what happened but she just shrugged it off. She'll tell me eventually.

 

 

 

"Thank you for the meal, Minari. I appreciate it."

"Anything for you, Sana." They then waved goodbye at each other. "Bye! I'll see you tomorrow at work. Take care!" Mina turned around and walked to her way home. And Sana did the same.

 When she arrived at her condo unit, she looked for her keys inside her purse. When she found it, she unlocked the door and went inside. She opened the lights with one hand while her other hand took of her stilettos. She put them aside and walked through the living room. She plopped down on her couch, getting comfortable. She ed two buttons on the top of her blouse. She breathed deeply.

Slowly, she was closing her eyes, sleep taking over her body. But she shot her eyes open when she heard something fall on the floor. She looked to the kitchen. "Who's there?" But she was met with silence. She picked up her hand file in her purse and stood up. She walked cautiously to the kitchen. When she passed the kitchen counter, she slowly walked to the light switch and turned it on.

When her eyes were filled with light, she looked around the kitchen and saw no one. She walked through and saw a broken jar on the floor. She put down her hand file on the table and bent down to pick them up. While picking them up, a shadow cast over her and to the floor. She froze and thought of something to get away from the stranger. But all her plans went out of the window when she turned around and fell down on her and to the floor with broken glass.

"Ouch." She looked up at the stranger and began to scream. "YAAAAAAHHH----" was covered by the person.

"No, please don't shout. I won't hurt you." Sana blinked and looked at voice. She saw a handsome man with his eyes telling her that he's desperate. 

She tried to talk through the hand that was covering . "If I take my hand off, will you not shout?"

Sana thought for a while, she wanted to do the opposite of what the boy wanted but her and hands were hurting and she was feeling the blood flowing onto the floor. She nodded. 

"Okay, good." The boy slowly took off her hand. When Sana didn't shout, he was relieved. He didn't want to go back behind the bars again. He looked at Sana on the floor, noticing a pool of blood spreading on the floor. He immediately helped Sana stand up and guided her to her living room. He sat Sana down on the couch. He left to find a first aid kit. When he found one, he took it and went back to Sana. He knelt and mended Sana's wounds carefully. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you in your own apartment."

Sana didn't show it but she thought that the boy was handsome while mending to her wounds.

Silence has took over them.

"What's your name?" Sana asked out of nowhere.

"Tzuyu. Chou Tzuyu." Sana gasped and hurt her hand in the process. "Ouch."

"Be careful, Sana." Tzuyu said still looking at Sana's hand.

"Wait. How did you know my name? How did come here? And aren't you the infamous Chou Tzuyu?"

Tzuyu sighed. "I didn't do anything bad. I never did."

"What do you mean? Aren't you the one who was stealing at your own company?"

"No. I... didn't do anything like that. I was falsely accused. They just thought that I was in that room because I was stealing money.. When the truth is that I came down there when my secretary told me that something happened down there.." The brunette furrowed his eyebrows. "I know you will not believe anything that I say. But I'm telling the truth. I was accused of something that I didn't do."

"But there were evidences that you did it."

"Yeah pictures and papers that were made to make me look like a thief. Pictures and papers that don't tell the truth. Pictures and papers that make people think that it was really me." Sana then felt tears on her hands. "For starters, I was never loved by my parents. They never paid attention to me. They only thought of me as a stranger that would take their company down. They always took care of my brother but not me." 

Sana slowly lift her hands to Tzuyu's face and tilted it up to her. She cupped his cheeks and wiped the tears with her thumbs. She smiled to Tzuyu. "Okay. I believe you. I will help you with your case." Tzuyu's face lightened up.

"Really?" He asked like a child.

Sana chuckled and nodded. Tzuyu jumped up and hugged Sana. Sana was startled at the move but nevertheless hugged back. "Thank you very much, Sana." They pulled away from each other.

"Hey, you still didn't tell me where and how you got my name."

"Oh right. Well, before I escaped, my assistant gave me your calling card with the address of your office. And when I went to you office building, I asked the receptionist about your whereabouts, while wearing a cap and mask. And they told me that you left already. I asked where you lived and they gave it to me. And tada, I'm here." The brunette opened his arms and shaking his hands, saying that he's here. Sana chuckled at the sight.

"I don't know if I should be scared or not." Tzuyu laughed and Sana followed suit.

"Don't be scared. I have good intentions. Never would I hurt people who will help me and those who are as beautiful as you." Tzuyu winked.

"Do you always say that to all of your girls?" Sana raised an eyebrow playfully.

"Not to any girls but if it's you, why not?" Tzuyu shrugged and smirked. Sana feigned being flustered.

"I am honored to be flirted by you." Sana bowed to Tzuyu and wiped her imaginary tears.  

"Yeah, I hear that a lot."

"What, "honored to be flirted"?"

"No, "by you"," Sana looked at Tzuyu, expressionless at his statement. 

They looked at each other for a few minutes and started to laugh uncontrollably. When Tzuyu stopped laughing, he looked at Sana. He admired the laugh and the smile that Sana is sporting. He smiled. "Beautiful." The brunette muttered but loud enough for Sana to stop laughing and look at him.

Sana felt her heart beating erratically. She actually felt her heart skipping a beat. "W-What?"

Tzuyu snapped out of her thoughts. Did he just say that out loud? "U-umm. Your apartment is beautiful." He looked away, embarrassed at what he has done. He mentally cursed herself.

As for Sana, she didn't know why she was disappointed at what Tzuyu has said. She shook her head and stood up from the couch. She extended her hand to Tzuyu. "Come on, I know that you can't go home and you don't have any place to go to. Just stay here for a while until your case is finished." 

Tzuyu didn't hesistate to hold Sana's hand. Cliché as it is, he felt something when he held Sana's hand. He smiled at Sana. "Thank you."

"I'm glad to help. Would you like to take a bath first? You can use my father's clothes for tonight. And tomorrow, let's go buy some clothes for you."

"That's too much of a help, Sana. I don't want to be a burden to you." Sana gave Tzuyu a towel.

"Oh, don't say that. You're not a burden. I want to help and this is the least I can do." Sana guided Tzuyu to the bathroom.

Tzuyu went inside the bathroom. The tanned one turned around and said something to Sana before closing the door. "Thank you very much, Sana. One day, I will pay back everything that you've done for me." Without waiting for Sana's reply, he closed the door.

 

 

Sana stood in front of the bathroom door, frozen in her tracks. She thought about how she got into this mess and what will happen in the future. She hit her head.

"Aish! What have I gotten into?" She walked to her room, walking to her wardrobe, and getting some clothes for Tzuyu. She fixed and folded the clothes then laid them down on her bed. The blonde changed her clothes then she went out of her room and went back in front of the bathroom. She knocked "Tzuyu!"

"Yeah?"

"There are clothes on my bed, you can get it there and wear them."

"Okay, thanks!" And Sana went to the living room and sat down on the couch. She looked around the room, when she got bored, she picked up the remote and the television. 

All she saw on the tv was a drama she doesn't care about. She changed the channel only to stop on the news.

"It's just in, a known criminal has escaped from prison, who is also known as the infamous Chou Tzuyu. This person has stolen billions of money from his family's company. He has escaped at around 12:45 am. We don't know his whereabouts but the police are finding him right now."

"I can't believe they're still on my parents' side." Sana snapped her head at the voice. Tzuyu walked to the couch and sat down beside her. He sighed loudly.

Sana turned of the tv and turned to Tzuyu. "What happened exactly?"

Tzuyu went silent and Sana panicked. "Y-you don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I just want to understand what happened at your company. So that I would have a lead on your case and I would know where to start."

Tzuyu looked at her and smiled softly. "Okay. It all started when I was told to meet someone to talk privately on the rooftop of our building."

 

 

 

 

[A month ago]

 

Tzuyu was busy reading work papers on her office desk. He was so focused on the papers that he didn't hear people talking outside his office and the knocking on the door.

"Tzuyu-ssi? Mr. Tzuyu." His assistant called out.

Tzuyu snapped out of his trance. "Yes? Come in." 

The assistant opened the office door and peeked inside. "Tzuyu-ssi, someone wants to talk to you privately."

Tzuyu took off his glasses. "Really, who is it?"

"A man whose name is Elkie Chong." Tzuyu was alarmed at the name.

"Let her in."

"But Tzuyu-ssi, she wants to talk to you privately on the rooftop. She said it's really important."

"Really? Okay. Tell her I will be there in a few minutes."

"Yes, sir."

"Thank you." And the worker closed the door and went back to her desk.

Tzuyu stayed silent in his office. What does she want this time? he thought. He sighed and fixed his papers then left to the rooftop.

When he arrived, he opened the door and went outside cautiously. There, he found a familiar person leaning forward on the railing.

"Elkie Chong." The said person turned around, seeing Tzuyu in front of her. "What are you doing here, Elkie?"

"I just wanted to talk to you that's all."  She leaned back on the railing.

"What do we have to talk about?"

"About what happened to us-"

"We don't have to talk about that anymore. Just cut to the chase." Tzuyu impatiently urged.

Elkie sighed. And later, Tzuyu saw something in her eyes that was never seen by him before, fear and regret. "I'm sorry, Tzuyu. For what happened and...."

Elkie's phone rang and the emotions in her eyes doubled, she sighed nervously. "...I'm sorry for what's going to happen to you."

"What do you mean?" Tzuyu was slowly panicking inside. But then an alarm was was ringing through the whole building. Tzuyu widen his eyes at the realization. "What did you do?!"

"I'm so sorry, Tzuyu."

Tzuyu shook her head at her, disappointed. "How could you?" Then he ran down the stairs to the basement. While running down, he ran into his secretary. "What the hell happened?!"

"Someone broke into the bank, Tzuyu-ssi!"

"WHAT?! !" He then ran down much faster than before.

What he didn't know was his secretary stopped in her tracks, smirking. She called her boss. "Boss, he's already there."

"Good job. Now let's continue with the plan."

"Yes, ma'am."

 

 

 

Tzuyu ran down to their safe. When he got there, he saw that it was open and lots of money were missing. He panicked and went inside, looking through spaces or cracks that may have money hidden in it. When he was sure that all their money went missing, a thud was heard behind him. He turned around and saw a duffel bag on the floor in the doorway. He picked it up and placed it on a table. He was going to open the bag when heavy footsteps were heard from the stairs he went through. He snapped his head at the doorway and saw heavily-armored men running in with his parents behind them.

Tzuyu saw his parents' faces, and he can see that they are smirking behind their acting. He didn't understand what was happening, that is, until one man pulled his arms and cuffed him. He was surprised at the action. He struggled through the cuffs.

"H-hey.Wh-what's going on here?"

"Tzuyu-ssi, you are under arrest for stealing money from your own company." A police officer went inside with them.

"What do you mean?! I'm not stealing anything!"

"Tell that to the judge, Tzuyu." This time, the one who talked was the person he called "father". "We saw everything that you have been doing down here."

"WHAT?! I ran down here when I heard the alarm! Don't make stories, you monster!" Hia so called father and mother smirked at him.

"Th-that's not what we saw on the security cameras, T-Tzuyu." His mother sobbed. Such a drama queen.

"I never stole anything." Tzuyu firmly said.

"What's in that duffel bag then?" Tzuyu looked at the bag. He turned back.

"I don't know. I was supposed to look inside that until all of you came here."

"May we have a look what's inside the bag, Tzuyu-ssi?" The investigator asked. Tzuyu nodded.

The investigator walked near the duffel bag and opened it. He turned to the Chou family. "What is this, Tzuyu-ssi?" He showed what's inside the bag. Tzuyu's eyes widened when he saw lots of money in the bag. He looked at the investigator. 

"I d-don't know where that bag came from." He violently shook her head. "I don't own that b-bag."

"Explain that to the judge, Tzuyu-ssi. Let's see each other in court." The investigator walked away.

"Take her away." The police officer commanded the armored men.

Tzuyu looked at his parents, pleading with his eyes. "Please. Don't do this to me." And the man holding his pushed his away from the couple. "No. NO! I didn't do anything! Let me go!" He turned to his parents. "You monsters! I did everything you asked! Why can't you just accept me?! NO! LET ME GO!"

 

 

 

 

"And that's how I ended up imprisoned." Tzuyu ended with a cup of dark coffee that Sana made for him.

"Wow. I can't believe that they can do that to you." Sana commented while registering every information that she can get from Tzuyu's story.

"I can't believe it either. But they never loved me anyway."

"Why didn't they?"

"I don't know. Maybe because they didn't get want they wanted."

"And what was that?"

Tzuyu sighed. "My brother was supposed to be the next heir of our company. He was trained at first but he fought with my parents that he wanted to live freely and without restrictions. He then left which made my parents mad. They didn't have any other choice but to make me the next heir. Eversince then, they always find ways to get me out of the position, without getting their names involved. They failed a lot of times until now." 

Tzuyu sipped his coffee and put it down on the coffee table in front of him. "And the thing that made me most mad was when they used my childhood friend to get me down from that ing position. Sorry for the word."

Sana shook her head at Tzuyu. "Don't be. I'm used to hearing that a lot."

Tzuyu raised an eyebrow. "Are all your clients that vulgar?"

"Mostly." Sana shrugged. She looked at the wall clock and saw that it was already late. "Hey, Tzuyu-ah."

Sana was met with a soft hum. "It's getting late. How about we go to bed?"

"Yeah, sure. I know you're already tired anyway." Tzuyu picked up his coffee cup and put it down the sink. He went back to the living room and Sana fixing her bandages and rubbing her , looking like she's in so much pain. He walked closer. "Hey. Are you okay?"

Sana glanced up at Tzuyu, wincing in pain. "Y-yeah. My just hurt after what happened earlier."

"Did it get cut from the broken glass?" Tzuyu knelt down in front of Sana.

"I-I don't think so. I don't feel anything sharp cutting it." Sana lifted her and looked under. She saw no blood coming from there. "Yeah. No blood. I guess it just hurt from the impact."

Tzuyu knelt down silently before standing up and carrying Sana, bridal style. "H-hey." Sana stammered.

"Don't worry, you're not that heavy. I can handle it. And besides, you'll get hurt if you stand up." Sana just nodded, worrying that her voice won't come out.

Sana looked up at Tzuyu, seeing the seriousness in his face. Sana felt her heart skipping a beat. She looked down, hiding her face from Tzuyu. Tzuyu went inside her room and laid Sana gently on her bed.

"Now, rest." Tzuyu turned around and was about to leave when a soft voice spoke behind him.

"Stay. I know you're tired as well." Sana said with a little authority. Tzuyu stopped in his tracks and turned back to face Sana.

"Okay..." He then went to the chair beside Sana's bed and sat down.

Sana looked at Tzuyu. "What are you doing there? Don't sleep there. You'll hurt your back. Sleep with me."

"It's fine, don't worry. I'll wait for you to sleep first." Tzuyu reasoned. He heard a faint 'okay' from the latter.

Sana turned her body to Tzuyu and looked at him for a moment before slowly closing her eyes, and sleep taking over her. "Sleep with me..." And she went to dreamland.

Tzuyu stared at Sana's sleeping state. He sighed and looked out the window. "I'm sorry for everything." He faced Sana again. "I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess, Sana. But I desperately need to get out of here." 

He stared at Sana for a couple of minutes before sleep consumed him also.

 

 

Sana woke up early in the morning. She opened her phone to look at the time. '4:39 am' 

"It's still early." She put her phone down and went out of bed. She made her bed and looked at Tzuyu sleeping on the chair. Sana shook her head and went closer to him. She tapped Tzuyu's shoulder in attempt to wake him up.

Good thing that Tzuyu was a light sleeper. He woke up to Sana's tapping and fluttered his eyes open. He looked up to Sana.

Sana almost squealed at the sight. Tzuyu was looking at her with heavy-lidded eyes.

"Sana..." Now at that, Sana squealed and pinched Tzuyu's cheeks.

"Wah~ So cute~" Sana cooed. Tzuyu groaned softly at the contact. "Hey... Sleep on the bed. Your body will hurt." Tzuyu groaned again but followed nonetheless. He stood up and walked, groggy. He then plopped down, face down on the bed and continued sleeping.

Sana chuckled at the scene and went out of the room to make the both of them some breakfast. She went to the kitchen and readied the needed ingredients onto the table. The blonde went back to her room to get her laptop. When she went inside, she saw the supposed criminal on her bed with his head facing her. Again, Sana cooed at the sight. 'He looks too innocent to do that big of a crime. He looks like he can't hurt a fly.' The blonde got her laptop and went to the kitchen table and laid it down on it.

Sana opened the laptop to search for some information about Tzuyu's case. She scrolled through the internet until she found a very comprimising news.

"THE HEIR ACCUSED?"

 

 

Last month, the Taiwanese heir of the highest foreign company was accused of stealing from his own family's company, The C Enterprises. Chou Tzuyu has been chosen as the next heir when his brother went missing for 1 year. This person has been involved in a lot of controversies but all of these were proven not true. Until now.

Through the first year in this position, Chou Tzuyu's company has been at the highest it has ever been. Eventhough a lot of challenges has been encountered by them, they overcame all of it and did their very best to keep their profile clean.

That is on the very day of October 20, 2015, the news had been spread that the infamous Chou Tzuyu was seen in his company's safe, having a bag full of money and that the whole place had been ransacked. Money was gone and it was found out that the bag that Mr. Chou owned had all of it. Evidences like security footages, interviews from the workers, etc. were used against the supposed criminal.

 

See: Taiwanese Heir ESCAPED From Prison.

Also See: Statement of Chou Tzuyu's Accomplice.

Sana opened the two links on another two new tabs. She was shocked about all of this. 'To be honest, I've never seen any footages of evidences that Tzuyu did the crime.'

Sana read the first article.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter