personnages

interdire ㅡ jaehyungparkian

". It's happening again."

The man woke up and reflexively ruffled his hair. He has been dreaming of the same thing for months. The picture of his closest ones leaving him haunted him very often. He is afraid that the nightmare would happen to him again. It's sad and bitter. Jaehyung who once was a cheerful kid, now tend to be alone. He doesn't need anyone else, he said. But, aren't humans social beings? 

"Jae, you're useless."
"You gave up so easily."
"I thought you were better than this."
"You're weak, Jae. No wonder your so-called friends left you. They made the right choice." 

"Shut up, won't you?"

He drank from a bottle placed next to him and immediately covered himself with his blanket.

10 minutes

20 minutes

30 minutes

He still can't go back to sleep. He looked at the clock. 3 a.m, or usually known as the devil's hour.

🌙🌙🌙

Jaehyung squeezed the plastic cup firmly. His life just went like this for the last 4 years. After graduating from high school, he decided to not go to university. According to him, the costs incurred are not comparable with all of his efforts. He wanted to focus on his musical career. But after experiencing a lot of failures, people around him left one by one, disappeared without any farewells said. 

He picked up his beloved guitar and began to pick some notes he had known by heart. A song that he really likes, a song that usually could lift his spirits.

"Sunday morning rain is falling ..."

Strange. He still can feel the clouds surrounding him even though on that day, the sun was emitting its best rays.

"I see you very often here."

Jaehyung looked up, there's a guy whose smile is very beautiful stranding in front of him.

"Do we.... perhaps know each other?"

The guy did not answer, just pointing at the name tag pierced onto his apron. 

'Kang Brian'

"I'm a barista, not a cashier or a waitress. Maybe you don't pay enough attention to me," Brian said as he raised his shoulders.
"You don't go to college?"

Jaehyung swears to God, he doesn't like that question. He answered with a small shake on his head, "I'm unemployed, so i go to here everyday."

Then courageous Brian placed himself next to Jaehyung, "Sorry. It's because you look very young, i thought you skip school or something. Anyway, it's expensive to buy drinks from here, isn't it?"

Jaehyung rolled his eyes lazily, "Come on. I'm not as poor as you think."

Jaehyung does look like any other normal middle-class people. Maybe his family has been supporting his life, Brian thought. Brian is used to see people like Jaehyung hanging around the café. A mess. That was the first impression he got from Jaehyung. But Brian did not feel bothered, because he also has been in that phase before.

  🌙🌙🌙  
 

Jaehyung, Park ㅡ Freelance Musician     

"Nobody gives a damn about you. They're just pretending like they care."

Younghyun, Kang ㅡ Part-time Barista     

"You were born to be real, not to be perfect."