In which Seulgi is really dumb

Ask me Instead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So . . . . . . what about him?"

 

 

 

 

"For the last time, Seulgi, I don't want to go to prom!"

 

 

"Sure you do! We just have to find the right person, and you'll be tripping over yourself to go!"

 

 

Seulgi and Irene were in the library during their break, people watching idly.

 

 

 

Irene was half exasperated and half dead inside. Well, actually, she was completely frustrated and pissed.

 

 

 

See, the truth was that Irene had already found the right person that could make her want to go to prom.

 

 

 

That person was right in front of her, with her soft orange hair and kawaii cheeks and her dummy eyes that can't see how much I love her

 

 

 

 

 

Irene was hopelessly head over heels for her best friend, but Seulgi seemed to be the only one oblivious to the fact.

 

 

 

It wasn't as if Irene didn't have any other admirers. Since middle school, she had always had plenty of secret followers who longed to be her friend, to take her out, and woo her with extravagant gifts. 

 

 

 

But the combination of Irene's natural cold persona and the fear of being rejected kept those admirers to the sidelines, where they comforted themselves with the fact that nobody was able to crack open the shell of the "Ice Queen".

 

 

Irene became one of those popular yet lonely students, a person to look up to, but never to befriend.

 

flashback

 

 

Then, three years ago, an friendly student with sunflower colored hair plopped herself in the empty seat next to the antisocial girl during lunch and introduced herself. 

 

 

"Hi! You looked kind of sad,so I'm here to cheer you up! Can I sit next to you?"

 

 

 

This wasn't the first time that somebody had attempted to socialize with the "Ice Queen" .

Each prospective suitor had been politely rejected in a cold, soulless manner that destroyed the confidence and reputation of even the most arrogant jock.

 

 

 

Nobody wanted to be friends with someone rejected by Irene, especially if they had broken the code(don't try to hit on Irene).

 

 

The cafeteria as a whole sighed in regret as the school's unofficial mascot, Seulgi, set herself up to have her social life destroyed. It was a tough casualty, but one that was unavoidable, as she had brought upon herself.

 

 

So when Irene smiled softly and nodded at the cheerful girl, instead of pushing her away like she had to everybody else, just about the entire school was shocked.

 

 

 

It didn't take long before the most popular girl in the school and the beautiful yet cold mistress were best friends, and word spread quickly of how Seulgi had tamed the beast.

Irene slowly built friendships with some people in Seulgi's circle, and her icily destructive attitude had been reduced from a freezing blizzard to a soft flurry of snow. People slowly warmed up to Irene, and their attempts at socializing weren't shot down immediately like before. 

 

 


Unless. . . you were trying to get closer to Seulgi. 

 

Irene had become quite possessive of her best friend, and would shoot the deadliest glares with unspoken promises of a painful death to anybody who gazed at Seulgi even a second too long. It wasn't long before most people realized and accepted the fact that Seulgi was taken, even if she technically wasn't.

 

 

 

As a result, when prom season rolled around, there was a lack of requests for either of the two ladies. Everybody had assumed that Seulgi wasn't in the market for a date, and it was obvious to everyone that Irene had eyes for only one person, so there was no point in asking her either.

 

 

 

Or rather, it was obv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter