Asking

Ask To Prom

Kris' POV - 

 

Waiting isn't fun, especially when anxious and going through what I'll say exactly when my boyfriend is standing in front of me with two small lines of our friends standing on each sides of us holding hands.

 

I'm asking him to Prom, I know he values friendship and trust the most than any other thing in the world, he'd rather have his friends than winning a once and a lifetime experience if it means leaving everyone behind, he'd choose friends over anything. 

 

So I asked if our friends would help me ask him, of course they immediately got excited and practically yelled at me that they would. That leads to where we are now, with two lines of five guys giggling to each other while I stand on some stairs leading to a hallway from the middle of the schools courtyard that is filled with green nature and flowers that Yixing likes because their pretty. 

 

It has a large fountain in the center that he comes and sits at to relax during lunch some days and get away from the loud students, I join him mostly, enjoying watching him rest against my shoulder with his eyes closed. I figured this would be the best place to ask, considering its his favorite spot and its where we first met when I was lost freshmen year, we're seniors now and I know for a fact I'd still be lost without him. 

 

We're waiting on Yixing to come out of gym, his last class before lunch, it takes him a little longer because we have to shower after class and being a loyal boyfriend, he waits until everyone else is finished to shower. 

 

Tao is on watch for him, he's supposed to film the whole thing from the moment he sees Yixing, while he's watching for him Baekhyun and Luhan chat to themselves and giggle every time they glance at me. 

 

The others help Tao in looking for my boyfriend, freaking out and bouncing in excitement when they finally see him walking through the hall. As they gets closer I see he's with a basketball teammate of mine, smiling kindly at him as he listens, I would be slightly possessive over my cute boyfriend if I didn't know my teammate; Yoongi was in on this plan. 

 

Yoongi leads Yixing out into the courtyard, as he does, Yixing notices our friends holding hands and looks quite confused at the sight. Then he sees me, his smile widening making his dimple deeper. 

 

"Holy , this is so awesome!" Chanyeol giggles from next to me, shaking the poster heart he and Baekhyun made lightly, they wanted my idea to be more romantic so they made a large red heart with a 'K+Y forever' on it. I chuckle at him, feeling even more anxious as Yixing begins to walk pass Tao, who is filming him with his phone and smiling like a lunatic. 

 

Yixings dazed eyes flick to everyone, his lips in a dimpled smile as he sees everyone is holding hands and laughs when he sees Luhan and Sehun connected at the hip. Then his eyes land on the heart, and I mentally thank the two idiots for it when I see pink appear on his cheeks as he turns his attention to me, finally stopping I'm front of me. He blinks at me cutely, probably confused because he tends to miss a lot of things going on around him. 

 

"Fanfan, why is everyone holding hands? Its not unusual but this is kinda..strange, even for them." He innocently asks, making more giggles and laughs sound from our friends, and relaxing me slightly as I smile at him. 

 

"I thought you'd like everyone showing affection because you value friends, also this Courtyard. I figured you'd like this instead of somewhere else." I explain, smiling a little more when he nods, glancing back to everyone who are giddy and giggling, mumbles of 'cute' and 'so sweet' from other students who are watching. 

 

"I do like it, its very sweet. But may I ask why?" He turns back to me, tilting his head slightly and blinking, like he isn't adorable enough. 

 

"Will you come to Prom with me, Xingie?" As soon as I ask, his eyes go wide as if he can't believe I even asked, blinking again as he nods quickly. 

 

"Yes, of course I'll go with you, Fanfan. Is this why everyone has been acting strange lately? And why your friend Yoongi waited for me even if we barely know each other?" 

 

I can't help but laugh like everyone else, nodding as I bend slightly to press my lip against his, my hand on the back of his neck. He doesn't hesitate to kiss back, his lips just was soft as our as they were during our first kiss, his hands moving up to my forearms.  

 

I can hear our friends giggling and cheering but chose to ignore them, focusing on Yixing.