fin.

Betrayal

I laughed at myself as I watch them unite their lips. Unconsciously, my hand squeezed the champagne glass so hard until it broke and tore my palm. I never know if I can be that strong. Do I have to hurt first to be strong like this?

They stop abruptly, aware of my existence. But I immediately turn around, leaving the party. I remind myself to apologize to the host later for leaving like a drama queen. My heart cannot take it anymore. All my body hurt, even though it is just my hand that bleeding.

I am pitying myself again as soon as I reach the lobby, the heavy rain comes down. Do heavens mock me too? There is a rapid step behind me, I hear she shouted my name so many times. I need to get out of here, so I ended up rushing through the rain, trying so hard to run from them.

I guess my steps isn’t fast enough because in the next second someone pulls my hand firmly. I kind of hoping someone else but she’s not that someone. I stare at the blonde who put her hands on her knees, catches her breath. She looks panic. She should be.

"I can explain!" Only 3 words come out from . Her cool hair is now wet and so unfashionable. She was an attractive lady before she ran after me under the rain.

She ran after me alone, but I could see her pacing back and forth in the background. She might have told her to wait in the lobby because she thought she could handle this, alone. What a thoughtful girl. Yes, it is sarcasm.

"It's too late." I hiss and tightening my jaws.

"I was going to tell you." She says with a tone full of regret, there’s a brief of sadness in her eyes.

But that only makes me snickered sarcastically and clenching my wounded hand. I could feel the blood dripping. "You did it. Back there."

She pauses for a moment as she glances at my bleeding hand, then I watch her step forward, calling my name softly. I take a step back while shaking my head slowly. "Don’t."

"I trusted you," I whisper, holding my tears. "Let's—let’s just stop being friends." No one would have thought I will say this to my best friend. My brain feels unable to process anything properly, I think I'll regret it someday.

I must get out of here before I look more pathetic than this. Before she could react, I turn my body and walked away. My mouth began to tremble, but I force myself not to cry. So, I grip my hands tighter and tighter, hoping to move the pain in my heart into my hand.

Suddenly I feel someone hug me from behind, forcing me to stop my step.

My heart beating so fast. That's her.

And I’m finally burst into tears, it’s dripping onto her hands. The tears I have been holding finally streaming so swiftly. Like the water tap that opened to the maximum point. It is so funny I could break this instant when she hugged me. How I can be so powerless in her arms only.

We stand still for a moment. My heart can’t bear to see her yet. So, I just let her hug me tight. We both crying, but definitely because of different reason.

"It hurts like hell," I say heartbroken.

She doesn’t say anything, she just cries on my back. I clutch my hand even tighter, I don’t care if the wound gets wider.

"She's my best friend." I lift my head as I’m trying to breathe in, to get air into my lungs. "She knows I’m still in love with you."

Her hugs got tighter, but she still doesn’t say anything. She doesn’t deny it either. Maybe that’s her way to say that I'm sorry I hurt you, but I still could not love you.

Then I wipe my tears with both hands. Letting go of her hand and pull her gently to stand in front of me. My heart broke for the second time when I meet her eyes. Her beautiful eyes now red and fills with tears.

"But we cannot choose with whom we fall in love," I say as I hold her delicate hand, I hope she doesn’t mind about the blood. I wish I never fall in love with her who is sobbing in front of me. Losing the one that you love will be a torture, especially if that person is your good friend too.

I raise my left hand fixing her messy bangs then down to wipe her tears away. I want to see her chestnut eyes and remember her face before I put the walls between us. My trembling hand traces her face gently and stop at her soft cheek. I rub it with my thumb tenderly.

"I never thought I'd say goodbye to you."

"No, Chaeyoung." she sobs between her words. She takes my injured hand, tracing her finger on my wound carefully, then she holds my hand with both hands. Not too tight, not too loose. “Please don’t.”

It is so strange, it doesn’t hurt at all when she’s the one who holds it.

Maybe it’s because I love her.

But I need to end this before I’m losing control and end up hugging her.

"Please take care of yourself.” I rub her cheek once again and say wholeheartedly,

“I love you."

Her hand holds me back when I’m trying to let go, I need to use my remaining energy to escape her grasp. Her cries become more and more audible as my hand finally undone, and she keeps muttering ‘no’ under her breath.

The only reason why I said that is because I know there will be no more chance for me to say it. She deserves to hear the words. Too bad today is the first and last.

After tonight I’m sure my life would be tough without her, but I can’t let the wound in my heart keep getting stabbed. This time I can’t pretend to be okay. I need to heal myself.

As the rain gets heavier, I take a step back and smile at her with tears on my cheek.

"Goodbye, Mina."

 

 

 

 


Thank you so much for reading this story. Sorry for a sad and heartbroken story about Michaeng.

Any impression and feedback for this story will be very helpful to me.

Keep support our Michaeng in the future!

See you in another story :)