1/1

Burn It Down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back pressed against the bare concrete wall, a man watched flames flicker in the darkness of his cell. Red yellow and orange entwining, merging, burning bright in this cold place... Oh it was beautiful. The most beautiful thing he has ever seen to this day.

Still, the man was bored.

Closing his hand into a fist, the flames disappeared.

How much longer will he torture him in here? There’s nothing to burn down. Nothing to have his fun with. Even the guards are gone since he ‘accidentally’ burned one’s hair off.

Oh the boredom.

And all just because he burned one measly library down.

Well, the library, hospital, town hall…Maybe a building or two.

In his defense though, they should not have built them with so many flammable materials. He just had to do it. Such an opportunity doesn’t happen every day.

I mean it does. But to have it all just handed to him like that. To make it so easy for him to get in a building filled with so many books. SO many flammable objects everywhere…That was the real crime here.

All he did is put one little flame in the right place.

Innocent enough.

And yet they put him in here. In this cell bare of anything but the walls and bars. Not even a window this time. That’s just rude.

They didn’t even give him the decency of a trial. When did the justice system start going against people without making sure they’re the one who did the bad thing.

Oh right.

Summoning another flame the man threw it at the bars of his cell as footsteps came closer. There was a scream and more footsteps and yells rushing to get to the first one.

He smiled, as they tried to get the man to get down on the floor to roll and get the fire out.

He was caught red handed.

 

 

“Two of my men are dead. Burned. Anything to say about that?” The guard spoke to the man sitting on the floor of the only occupied cell in this block. As they had to get the others moved for their own safety.

The man in front of him was Park Chanyeol. Wanted in more cities then he can count for arsenal and murder. A man who can make fire out of thin air.

He was warned about him when they first brought him in, but didn’t believe the stories until the first inmate caught on fire while passing by the others cell.

But what sane person would believe that a man can summon flames?

Now though, as he is put face to face with said man, staring into eyes reflecting flames that are burning in front of him, he is starting to question his definition of sanity.

The man smiled. A smile that sent chills down the guard’s spine. “I was bored.”

His voice was deep, but the guard found that he spoke in a way that a snake would. Drawn out and quiet. As if he had nowhere to hurry. As if he had all the time in the world all the time.

“You burned people alive. Because you were bored?”

“Yes.” Chanyeol stood up, walking closer as the flame, behind him now, got bigger. “You see my powers, they enable me to watch the world burn. I would be a fool if I didn’t take advantage of that. Don’t you think?”

Now standing right in front of the man, only left separated by the bars, he found himself terrified for the first time in his life. Eyes flickering towards the flames for a second before focusing back on the real threat. The man controlling them.

“You’re insane.” The guard took a step back. Wanting nothing more than to get away right now. Not noticing the light above his head flickering for a moment. One short moment.

Chanyeol noticed. He smiled, extinguishing the flames behind him without having to move at all.

“Maybe I am.” Taking a hold of the bars he watched them erupt in reds and yellows, making his new company jump back. “But I’m not the one who dies tonight.”

The guard ran away after that. They always do though.

Walking back to his spot Chanyeol sat back down.

It seems he doesn’t have to be bored for much longer.

 

The lights went out as the sun came down. Summoning a flame to the palm of his hand Chanyeol waited as he could hear the commotion from the other side of the walls surrounding him.

The door of his cell block opened, hitting the wall loudly as light cut through the newfound darkness like a knife.

“You just had to get yourself thrown in jail didn’t you?” The voice reached Chanyeol even before the man appeared at his door.

Looking at the flame rather than the newcomer, the man smiled. “It’s nice to see you too Baekhyun? How have you been?”

Rolling his eyes Baekhyun unlocked the door with the keys he got from one of the guards running around like headless chickens out there. It’s ridicules how much fear comes at just taking away one’s ability to see.

“Stop daydreaming Chanyeol. Let’s go!” Ushering him forward, the shorter of the two sent a ray of light at the flame. Effectively killing it.

Finally looking up at that, his smile was gone. Still, Chanyeol just got up and walked past the other and out of the cell that confined him for a week now. Stopping to stretch once he did. “Ready to have some fun love?” Looking at the last door left separating him and his captors, the only answer he got was a sound between a sigh and a huff.

Good enough.

 

“Mayday! Mayday! Request immediate help! The lights are out and everyone else is dead. I repeat everyone is dead! The flames are coming for me too. I don’t know how long I can take it. Inmate number 624 has gotten away. He’s a monster. He killed everyone.” The radio went silent for a minute. “Tell my wife I love her.”

 

Fire surrounded them as Chanyeol walked through the halls with Baekhyun following close behind, making sure not to get separated by the flames appearing with the others every step. Ignoring the screams and yells and panic left behind them. Left by Chanyeol who has thrown flames at everyone they encountered so far with pure glee.

Baekhyun just sighed at that. Every time.

Hearing a gunshot, they both stopped in their tracks, watching the bullet melt in flames before pure light hit the culprit’s chest, sending him to the nearest wall and leaving unconscious.

He was always so iffy about taking someone else’s life. Luckily Chanyeol didn’t have those types of reserves.

Followed by screams at every turn they took, the two soon found themselves outside. No longer surrounded by the stench of fire, Baekhyun took a deep breath. “Next time I’m leaving your in there.” Catching his breath he glared at the taller who looked like he just had the time of his life.

Which he has.

“That’s what you said last time.” Smiling big Chanyeol took the other by his elbow and pulled him close, claiming his lips in a kiss as the building behind them crumbled in flames. Feeling almost high as he did. “Mmm…Missed you.”

“That’s probably why I never seem to quit you.” A small smile adoring his lips too now, Baekhyun pulled the other down for another kiss before taking his hand and pulling back into society, making the both of them disappear between the crowds and crowds of people walking the streets only a few minutes away from the jail. Blissfully unaware of the two walking hand in hand, and what they left in their wake.

 

Lighting a cigarette with the tip of his finger Chanyeol laid in bed of a small motel Baekhyun inquired for them, watching him sleep next to him without a care in the world.

That’s what he loved about the other. Always so easy to fall asleep no matter what he has done. He sadly doesn’t have that luxury anymore. Lost it as he watched his parents yell for help as they burned along with their family home. Or was it maybe as he watched a building full of people c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter