Ep. 01: Into a New World

Stargazer's Club
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ep. 01

Irene

 

When I first saw the bright blue stars in the sky when I’m 8, I believed that magic actually existed. And no, I didn’t believe that they were made up by celestial bodies in space, floating around like what astronauts and the NASA made humans believe.

I knew it was some sort of magic, and at the age of twelve, I realized I was right.

 Because at the age of twelve, there was that knock on the door that changed my whole life. That knock on the door welcomed me to this world of magic.

 

Or well, that’s how I would like to say it. In reality, it’s anything but welcoming.

You see, my (mother’s side of the) family hated the magic that runs in our blood. They despise it, trying to block any hints of magic around them until they can all fool themselves to believe that, uh… it never exists, I think?

Truth is? I also don’t know why my family hated magic. I never knew my family’s history. I never knew what got them hiding in the mortal world and never look back.

Except my dad. He loves magic. He would tell me stories about wizards and witches and how they make something magical out of a flick of a hand. His children stories that sparkled my childhood were in fact real stories of my world. And when he left this world, he finally gave me the blessing to see the world I’m supposed to be living in (contrary to what the rest of my family wanted, of course). Before he died, he gave me a key to the house and the riches (as if it were a lot, pft) he has left the wizardry world. A knock came on my door when I was twelve with my grandfather (father’s side) on the other side of the door. He helped me pack up and brought me to the magical place I’ll be living in.

And now, here we are. It’s been four years since I first entered the Yofel Village, on where my father’s family stayed. My mother and father’s p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter