Blind Dates & Magic Potions_Chapter 1

Blind Dates & Magic Potions

Hello friends...sorry for being away from the BOF fanfic world for so long. I had been busy with the man himself, hahahaha, I mean Kim Hyun Joong and his Haze World Tour. Finally got to see him in 4 concerts within a span of 5 weeks! Got to shake his hand and hand over a gift persoanlly to him. Yayyyyyyyyy. Anyway, now I am back again. I will continue BOFR, but still suffering from a writer`s block with that story. Hopefully I will be able to come up with something soon. For the time being please enjoy this fun-filled story. It will be short, at the most 3 chapters. Please let me know how you find it. Love and hugs...

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Gu Jun Pyo waited impatiently for his friends at the F4 lounge. He was sent a text by the Song Prince about some ‘important stuff’ he wanted to share with the rest F3 and asked all of them to convene at the lounge in an hour.

“Aishhh, these unpunctual brats!” he spurted while pressing on vigourously the gaming console in his hands.

Just then, Yoon Ji Hoo walked in leisurely, in his signature white attire with a grey pashmina scarf wound around his neck.

“Yeaaahhh, Ji Hoo-yah! What took you so long to arrive? And where are those two godforsaken rascals?” barked Jun Pyo, seeing his friend.

Ji Hoo merely looked at his friend’s agitated face and picked up a guitar propped up against the wall in the corner. He took a seat little away from his friend and started adjusting the key nonchalantly.

Jun Pyo fumed a moment more, but then resigned from shouting any further. His rant would have no effect on his brooding friend for sure.

“Yo-yo-yo man! Wassup!” spoke out Woo Bin loudly, as he stepped in with Yi Jung.

“Here come your godforsaken rascal friends,” muttered Ji Hoo.

“What? We are your rascal friends?” jibed Yi Jung and slapped Jun Pyo on his shoulder.

“Aishh,” exclaimed Jun Pyo.

“Fine, then we are not going to take you with us on this ‘Amazing Blind Dates’ marathon,” added in Woo Bin, flashing a set of coloured tickets in his hand.

Ji Hoo barely looked up at his friend’s suggestion and went back to his guitar.

“Blind dates marathon? What on earth is that?” asked Jun Pyo, his curiosity being piqued already.

“At the Christmas carnival, they have arranged this event, whereby your name would be added in a pool of prospective dates. Then names would be drawn randomly, and you get to go on blind dates. This continues until you get your perfect match and do not want to go for any further dates with others,” explained Woo Bin, fanning himself with the tickets.

“Count me out of it,” muttered Ji Hoo.

“Yeahhh, Ji Hoo-yah. How can you leave me with these two compulsive flirts to go on these blind dates? You have to come,” barked Jun Pyo and pulled away the guitar from his friend’s hand.

Ji Hoo looked at his dramatics and rolled his eyes.

“Yes, Ji Hoo. Why are you being such a spoil sport? Would you want to miss the chance of seeing Jun Pyo being harassed by girls for his ‘romantic’ nature?” asked Yi Jung with a mischievous smile.

“Yeahhh!” shouted Jun Pyo, as his friends burst out in laughter.

……………………………………………………………………………………….

On the other side of the city, four girls were enjoying chatting over bowls of warm pumpkin porridge.

“Jae Kyung unnie, what is it that you wanted to talk about so urgently?” asked Jan Di.

“Aah, good that you reminded me. I have a fun plan to celebrate Ha Jin-ah’s birthday this time,” suggested the heiress of the JK industries and took out a bunch of coloured tickets.

Ha Jin and Ga Eul leaned on the table to have a closer look.

“What are these tickets for, unnie?”

“These are tickets to the ‘Amazing Blind Dates’ marathon at the Christmas carnival this year. It will run for few days, and the second day is on Ha Jin-ah’s birthday,” replied Jae Kyung matter-of-factly.

Her friends looked at her with clueless faces until she explained the whole event to them.

“But blind dates? What if the person I get to go with is creepy or even a psychopath?” asked Ga Eul.

“Geez, Ga Eul-ah! Don’t be so cynical. I have asked the organisers, and they said that the tickets are not for everyone to buy. They are pretty exclusive. I heard mostly the Shinwa College boys will be there,” replied Jae Kyung excitedly.

“Shinwa boys? I heard they are pretty obnoxious in nature,” spoke Jan Di, scrunching her nose.

“But it could be fun as well, isn’t it? I have never been to a date before. That could be a unique 18th birthday celebration,” added Ha Jin cautiously.

Her three friends looked at her with amazement. They had never heard her speak out her heart about her wishes before. She was always too afraid to do anything outside her parents’ directives.

“That’s it! I am in. Let’s have Ha Jin-ah get her first blind date, and more to follow,” shouted Jan di excitedly.

“Fighting!” cheered all her friends in unison.

……………………………………………………………………………………….

The girls arrived at the carnival. They were all nervous yet tried to cheer up each other. Although Jae Kyung was the oldest among them, she did not have much experience in blind dating either. Still, she kept her calm and put up a brave face for her friends.

They walked to the marquee that had a huge neon sign saying ‘Amazing Blind Dates Marathon’. At the gate they were asked to produce their entry tickets. One by one they showed their tickets and entered the huge area where several other young boys and girls were waiting.

“Fighting, girls! We can do this,” muttered Jan Di and her friends nodded in tacit agreement.

After few minutes, the MC of the event walked on the centre stage, with a huge display screen behind him.

“We will now start announcing the blind date couple names, one by one. When your name is displayed on the screen, please hold your name card up so that your date can find you easily in the crowd. Once you find your pair, please leave the marquee and spend your time elsewhere in the carnival. It is up to you, how much time you want to spend with your date. So, be in your best behaviour and impress your date!” he announced gleefully.

“Ok girls, let’s give ourselves two hours for this. In exactly two hours we will meet here again. In case the date goes really well and you want to continue, just send us texts and we will know. In case it does not, and you feel unsafe or something, then also text, with your location. We will come and get you,” muttered Jae Kyung loud enough only for her friends to hear.

“Sure, unnie.”

The screen started displaying names of four couples at a time. Every time there were new names, people cheered at the couples and waited for their own names to come up. The atmosphere was quite exuberant, and slowly the girls started shedding off their anxiety.

“Hey look, our names came up on the screen,” screamed Ha Jin.

All the four girls saw their names together with their partner’s names. They instantly held up their name cards over their head.

“Gu Jun Pyo,” uttered Ga Eul, reading the name of her date.

“Yoon Ji Hoo,” spoke Jae Kyung.

“So Yi Jung,” read out Jan Di.

“Song Woo Bin,” spoke Ha Jin excitedly.

Suddenly the atmosphere around them changed drastically. There were no more cheering from the girls standing around them. The noise seemed more alike hooting.

“Not fair!”

“I can’t believe this!”

“Something must be wrong!”

“Why is it her and not me?”

The four girls stood baffled amidst the crowd, as they heard strong protests from the other participants, mostly girls.

“What is the matter? What went wrong?” asked Ga Eul in bewilderment.

“Don’t know,” uttered Jan Di, equally clueless.

Suddenly they saw the crowd in front parted. It seemed more like the scene from a movie, when four unbelievably handsome young men walked towards them, heeding absolutely no attention to the screaming crowd.

“Oh my god, I know why,” uttered Jae Kyung.

Her friends tore away their gazes from those four walking sculptures and looked at her.

“They are the F4…” she spoke barely before the men stood in front of her and her friends.

“Geum Jan Di?” asked Yi Jung with a blinding smile as he approached his date.

“Go Ha Jin, nice to meet you,” spoke Woo Bin with a smile and a wink.

“Chu Ga Eul?” spoke Jun Pyo, a bit awkwardly and managed a crooked smile.

Ji Hoo just spared a look at Jae Kyung, as if she should have already deduced the remaining member of the gang.

The girls looked at their dates with awe, anxiety and above all suspicion, flared up more by the jeering crowd around them.

“Shall we?” asked Yi Jung and looked at his friends.

The four young men courteously took the hands of their dates for the evening and walked away from the crowd towards the exit.

……………………………………………………………………………………….