FINAL.

Sincerely Yours.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You broke my heart and shattered it to pieces" the same quote Jisoo has been reading since that gruesome day, 9/30, is still the same quote she has been reading till now. She knew there has to be something. Anything, at least. And she was right.


9/30 was tough. Un-ending. Despicable day. And anything negative to describe it.


9/30 ... was the time they officially broke up. 6 years, 8 months, and 7 days. All those time were wasted in a blink (not because of us ok)


"I had to leave" she sobs before opening her postbox and finding another, a new, note.


"I guess it could only last like this. I guess that it’s time for me to accept that you are not going back to my arms, and I just had to be OK with that. I will admit, I am not yet over you, over us, over what happened. But one thing is for sure; You, Jisoo, will always ... no doubt, stay in heart. You had your permanent place in here. And I will treasure it. Even if it hurts me in the process. For the last time though, before I let this, you, us, everything, go, I want to tell you, I love you. - Nini"


--

After some days when she read that note, Jisoo packed some of her stuff and went to places that they spend the most. She knew it would hurt her, that it would still sting in her heart, but she had to recall back all the times they spent together.


Her last stop was at the restaurant they used to be, most of the time, when they were dating.

“Its been a long time since I saw you two”
“Ah, yeah” She flashed a smile to the familiar lady “It’s been a while”

“The usual?”

“Yes please”

“And I hope, you didn’t replace me with another favorite”

“Of course” both of them shared laughter


“No picture?” The lady went to her table for a water refill, and asked for her to be sure. When they used to visit the restaurant, they would ask the lady to snap them a pic which they would upload with ‘best place to be, with the best person to be with’. Their first polaroid is displayed in the restaurants wall, along with their signature and a chopstick – something done by artist and store’s valued clients.

“Not the best time. Thanks anyway”

“I could keep the picture posted on the wall, right?”

“Sure” She gave a sad smile. That was the only one she could remember that was posted. Because they never visit the restaurant alone. Except now.


“Thank you” She bowed to the lady before leaving the place with an ice cream on her hand, like the usual. 

--
She headed for the lot, where her car is parked, homebound.

“Watch it” She hissed when she dropped her bag on the floor because someone had bumped her. The culprit was going to bow but stood still when she had the glance at the familiar voice

“Chu …”

“Nini …” She gulped

“So I was right” She smirked “You were going to places that I’ve been. The places we go to, the places that has our memories”

“You knew???”

“How could you?” Jennie was laughing with disbelief. “I was moving on, and all you did was watch? I was in pain, I was hurting, I wished I never had to do so, but then, you actually have the heart to watch me do so?”

“What do you expect me to do?”

“Yeah, what did I even?”


“Nini …” She called out when the girl is walking away from her, and in to the restaurant

“You don’t. So don’t tell me that you do” Jennie frowned her way back to face Jisoo again “Because if you do, you would never let this pain seep through. Because if you do, we shouldn’t be here blaming it to each other to our heart desires”

“I had to … that’s why I am not asking for anything. I just wanted to tell you so. If you could, why can’t I?” She was going to say the those three words that used to be so sweet.

“So you have been reading it? Tell me, which of it did you read?”

“All of it”

“Oh my gosh” Jennie raked her hair with her hand “You read all of it, and never once you came back to me? You read all of it, and only now that you came back? Why? Because I said that I am moving on from you, and you don’t think that it is true, so here you are, testing me?”

“I didn’t come back to test you”

“Then why are you here???!!!” it sounds as if it’s a shout but it’s a pleading shout

“Can’t I do so??? Are you the only one who got hurt? Are you the only one feeling that way huh???”

“THEN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO HURT US BOTH? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BREAK US APART. AND THEN COMPLAIN THAT YOU’RE HURTING?”

“Why did we have to bump” Jisoo choked with her words, stuffing the remining stuff that she dropped “I thought you’d be different … Well, there goes my thoughts”

“Am I a mistake or a regret?”

“…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter