First

The Cheesecake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5:25 a.m.

 

Kenma sighed after he looked at the clock in front of him. He really despised waking up every single morning.

"Why am I still alive?" He asked himself. Kenma wished to die in his sleep, he thought it's painless and easier.

The young man with blond hair stared at the window for a couple of minutesㅡit's still dark outside, but he could already see some birds flying in the dark sky.

Kenma stretched his arms before he rolled out of bed; every step felt heavy and tiring. 

He went to the kitchen to make his favorite coffee. The coffee might taste too bitter for a normal person, but for Kenma, the bitterness doesn't matter because he likes the flavor very much. He would often pair it with a cheesecake that can be bought at the bakery for a hundred-yen.

After Kenma's first bite, he noticed something was off with the flavor of the cheesecake. The boy frowned, he finished his breakfast either way, he didn't want to waste his food.

Six years ago, Kenma lost his parents in a car accident. Only him survived, but the accident left a huge wound inside him that will never heal again. Kenma lives by himself now, he rents a small apartment in Tokyo. His auntie, who works abroad, is the one sustaining his needs until he graduates from college. Kenma is grateful, indeed, but he is not happy anymore. He's worn out, lonely and miserable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenma thought of going to school early today because he didn't want to be surrounded by his schoolmates on the way to school.

 

6:01 a.m.

 

Kenma silently walked in the school hallway; he was the first person to arrive at this hour. 

"Great," Kenma thought. 

Today is the perfect time to end everything.

 

 

6:23 a.m.

 

Kenma went to the rooftop of the school building. The air felt great on his skin, the spot was perfect to watch the sunrise, and he could hear the birds singing which made Kenma smile. 

"Beautiful," He let out a sigh.

He is going to see his family again.

Kenma carefully stood on the railing, getting ready to jump off. He glanced at his wrist watch, and he wondered how many minutes it would take to fall on the ground.

 

 

6:29 a.m.

6:30 a.m.

 

"Good bye," He waited so long to do this.

"Do you want to eat this cheesecake first before you jump off?" Kenma was about to jump when he heard an unfamiliar voice, he wasn't expecting anyone to be here.

The man has a dark hair and tan skin. He put his hand in his pocket and walked closer to Kenma. Kenma didn't talk, he just observed the guy who's probably taller than him, and based on his necktie, he is a third year in this school. Kenma's eyes widened in surp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter