Final

Hallelujah
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s somewhere around one in the morning when the stiffness in his shoulders begins running down his back and Jonghyun can no longer deny his body some much needed movement. His hands are reaching up to pull the grey beanie off his head before his fingers run through his hair a few times, nails scratching gently at his scalp. A soft sight leaves chapped lips at the pleasant sensation, brown eyes fluttering closed a moment. He’s shifting on the bed then, careful to click save once more on the file he’d been working on before sliding the macbook off his thighs. The glow of the screen reflects off the white walls of the dorm room casting it in a soft blue glow. The headphones that have been making his ears sore the past hour or so are discarded in the crumple of sheets on his bed, Jonghyun shifting to swing his legs over the edge, pressing feet to the floor.

The wood is colder than he expects and its got him making a face in the dark, nose crinkling, brow furrowing as his arms reach high in a full body stretch. Nights like this made him truly appreciate his home studio, the exact place he’d be now if possible. Early practice dictated otherwise though. He’d left the studio up the road at the SM building hours ago with a less than solid promise to himself that he’d sleep. A promise that truthfully Jonghyun hadn’t even really tried to keep.

There's a yawn that covers his face a moment before he’s grabbing the empty glass off of his and Taemin’s shared bedside table. The sleep pants Jonghyun had pulled on earlier in the night brush bare toes as the brunette begins to shuffle his way out of the room, and through the dark of the dorm. It’s less a thing of courtesy for the other members that he doesn’t turn the lights on and more a lack of need. He’d made the trip to the kitchen and back so many times Jonghyun’s sure he could do it in his sleep. Probably has, really.

There's a rectangular glow of light coming from the kitchen that breaks the dark of the common room and it’s got Jonghyun wondering if it’s their maknae. Taemin had disappeared hours ago, about the time Jonghyun had come in from the studio, exchanging a few passing words before slipping out of the dorm. It wasn’t a thing of worry or curiosity, it was a blessing more than anything that they could all have their own social lives outside of Shinee. Something that hadn’t always been so easy years before; nor had their freedom allotted it. The sight that greets Jonghyun as he rounds the corner though has him stopping in his tracks. Not because it was shocking, not because it was inappropriate in any real manner, but because it was all too clear he was about to encroach on something that wasn’t his own.

It was Taemin, as the musician had suspected, but with Jongin as well. The younger of the two had his hand pressed to Taemin’s back against the cotton of his worn t-shirt. His other hand held Taemin’s own much smaller, slimmer hand in the air next to the pair, their arms raised in a more lax than is taught box shape, reminiscent of ballroom dance. Their bodies were closer than what Jonghyun knew to be normal for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter