FINALE

you hate me [noren]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

jeno never realized it until now. 

 

jeno didn't exactly hate skinships. (he only avoids it when jaemin or haechan overdoes it) he even mostly initiates it, being very comfortable with s. and vice versa, accepts it well and does it to him too.

 

except, renjun probably.

 

he should've known. recounting the times.

 

but jeno didn't really thought of it. until the early morning of march 23rd, when he's about to sleep, when donghyuck chattered with him because the former doesn't feel like sleeping anymore.

 

"renjun must've really hate you." donghyuck teased, a grin plastered on his face.

 

"you still have to force that hug, while he gave it to us willingly." 

 

and jeno thinks maybe donghyuck is actually right.


it transpired earlier.

it was 9 in the evening, and the dream members decided to stay up until the midnight to celebrate the moomin enthusiast's 18th birthday.

 

of course renjun opposed to it, saying that they're probably all too tired from the hectice schedule they recently finished. he had no say anymore though, because even his mark hyung insisted on doing it.

 

he said it's futile. it won't matter to him if he's gonna be greeted later on the morning, afternoon, evening, even in the last minute of the day. but the boys were persistent. so they watched a movie altogether to stay awake and wait till midnight strikes.

 

the oldest member was almost dozing off when chenle shrieks merrily, "it's renjun hyung's birthday!!" 

 

it was then followed by the woohoo-ing of the other boys, and donghyuck's fake sobbing, "my boy is getting old already, i can't believe two years by now, you're gonna be in your 20s." 

 

the maknae nudged him, "you might be forgetting you will be too." 

 

"i was afraid of that!"

 

finally, the dreamies gave their short greetings and messages one by one. (because they're extra and dramatic like that; it was courtesy of hyuck what do you expect)

 

chenle came first, telling renjun how he's so grateful for him always taking care of him and how he'd probably not survive korea if it weren't for him. the birthday boy then proceeded to give him a big hug after.

 

mark came next, "can't believe you're almost 20 like me too..."

 

"...don't act so cool and mighty hyung, you're still our cute maknae!" 


"but i'm so glad to have you in this group. i think i'll go insane without you." 

 

after laughing so hard, renjun also gave the rapper a big hug.

 

jaemin then followed, also expressing his thanks for having renjun in the group, and also for having him as a best friend.

 

"and can you please stop forgetting to wear the bracelet? i bought that for us two and i honestly feel so unappreciated and rejected." 

 

with a cheeky grin, renjun apologized and promised not to forget anymore.  renjun also hugged the sulking jaemin.

 

haechan and jisung didn't have any normal hug though, as they yet again got chokehold by renjun.

 

jisung, instead of just greeting his hyung, for getting older yet not getting any bigger or taller.

 

donghyuck, after being so dramatic earlier, suddenly became so stoic and simply said a soulless happy birthday.

 

finally it was jeno's turn. his message was quite long since he actually prepared for it a little bit.

 

"happy birthday injunnie~ i'm so thankful for you existence," he paused, giggling after delivering such cheesy line, "but really, you're one of the most talented and hardworking person, i know. and sometimes you might feel like you're not good enough, i may joke with you a lot, but just know that i actually think you're the best." 

 

he was stuttering at some parts but he finally said it. he was really sincere with his words and he can't help but feel shy after.

 

"was that a birthday greeting or a confession?"

 

"now just hug him and we can all go back to sleep already." 

 

but unlike with the six other members, renjun didn't immediately hug jeno. he stay rooted to his place, and it was jeno who came up to him and hugged him.

 


he talked to his mark hyung first thing in the morning. being so bothered by the possibility of his own best friend and member hating him. his hyung already told him that donghyuck's just teasing him and he shouldn't really think about it.

 

but really, why did renjun seem to hate having skinship with him?

 

yes, haechan and jisung got in a chokehold but at least renjun initiated the contact. if it's the two of them, jeno always does it. and when he does so, renjun even rejects it most of the time.

 

"hyung, hyuck's probably right. maybe he hates me."

 

mark stared at him, "or maybe it's the other way around."

 

"what?"

 

"what?"

 

"hyung, you gotta help me out here! i don't know how i can fix this."

 

"he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter