Could have been much more...

baby we could have been... much more

We could have been much more my love 

You could have been my world

You could have been love

You could have been 

                                              ***

 

Baekhyun stood there, unmoving. He had been waiting for this day for days, stood up so many nights to picture this day. And there he was, in front of his first love, his everything and nothing. 

He didn't know what he was feeling. His chest felt too heavy on his body, his heart to broken to beat faster. Or maybe he was too numb to feel the beat. 

He, he was standing there... On full glory... He was the same. Handsome, hot, breath taking and... He was there, smiling. 

Baek didn't want to be the one stepping first. He wanted to stay at the same spot and watch him come forward. Yes, he wanted this. All these years he had been wanting this. 

And finally it happened. He came forward, an easy step and even then he looked graceful. Baek thought how could someone look so... Fine? He was dazed in his presence. Memories didn't do that man justice. He was so much more to take in. But... 

That was just for some seconds. 

Baek saw that eyes

Saw that smirk

So the way his lips twitched up

And he was out of his spell. 

He remembered everything. 

The way this man had played him. 

- baekhyun, it's very good to see you again. After all these years. 

He smiled again. And Baek hated every inch of that smile.  He didnt smile back, just stared at that man and waited. That man... Baekhyun couldn't even bring himself to call his name, or use it in his head. His lips were clenching, they wanted to call out that name... 

- Kai. .. 

Kai... Kai... Kai Kai Kai.... It came out as a whisper but it echoed through his head again and again and again ... 

Wetting his lips, Baek closed his eyes and looked down. He needed something to get him together. And he had the right memories to do so. 

Their past, or his past along with Kai's lies. Yes his lies. 

That was enough of an trigger. 

- what do you want? 

Kai looked shocked. Baek had never talked liked that. Not even when they broke up, not even the day he was caught red handed. 

- do I have to want something? 

He asked smoothly. 

- yes, you do have. If you don't have something to say then just go. And don't look back. 

Kai took a deep breath, and instead of going and leaving he came forward. 

- baekhyun... Listen... I... 

- don't! 

Baek screamed and took a step toward Kai. 

- don't start with your lies. Don't start with your games! Don't start anything ! 

He hissed. The anger was coming, and it wasn't waiting. 

Kai took a deep breath. 

- you a use me of lying, Baek I... I am sorry

- sorry? Sorry for what? For lying  for saying you loved me and when you didn't? For dragging me into that mess? For being engaged and not saying it once??! For having an affair with my best friend and being a jerk?!! Which of these are you sorry for Kim Kai??!! Tell me which of these!!! 

Baek screaemd and let the words out. He was hurt, broken and dark. 

- I am sorry for all of these but I. . I wasn't ... I loved you Baek, belive me I did

Kai smiled again and reached out to take baekhyun. 

Baekhyun wanted to laugh, hard and long. The man in front of him was still a liar, a beautiful liar. The hatred he had toward that man was growing bigger and bigger. 

Before he was touched by that dirty hands he stepped back. 

- habits die hard. Lying is a part of... It will never die... 

He smiled bitterly. 

- Kai. . I loved you. I truly loved you. I don't know when I started loving you, but I remember when you made me confess. I was so happy back then... Do you remember the lies you said that day? 

He looked up and waited for an answer. Kai's expression wasn't readable. He guessed he wouldn't get an answer so he went on. 

- I thought you loved me back, but then they told me you had known about my feelings... And that's why you pressed me on it. ... 

Again, a little smile sat on his lips. Why was he telling him these things? He would just laugh at his words. 

- I missed you

Kai surprised baek. 

- I missed you so much, I missed talking to you, I missed hugging you, I missed us... But circumstances... 

- your wife, and your boyfriend, Kai I hate you so much for adding me to that ed up mess. To lower me to that level... 

He laughed, again and again. He could feel his body shaking, he could feel his cheeks getting wet. 

- I hate you for all you had done... To me... To my everything.. . You ruined me. ... Forever 

Baekhyun didn't look up. He didn't want to see Kai. This se was enough. He turned and started walking away. 

- baekhyun we can s. . 

- we could have been everything.... But... I didn't know there were no we.... It was just me, and the ilusion you gave me

 

 

End

P. S  I'm sorry for this  it was much better in my mind. But I guess stories are always better as an illusion. 

This story is kind of true, in a way

First I wanted it to be a chapterd fic to tell everything but then I thought that it's better to let go completely... 

Hope you enjoy it~

​​​​​​​​​​​

 

​​​