Entry N°1

Our Journal

It's been a whole week since I last saw Chanyeol. I can't believe he disappeared without telling me anything! 

He is supposed to be my best friend.

His family seems unbothered by the fact that he went missing.

I miss him. Why did he leave me? 
 

 

Baekhyun closed his journal and went back to bed, he didn't feel like doing anything since Chanyeol disappeared.

 


"BAEKHYUNEEEChanyeol chantedhe was holding two ice cream cones while running at full speed towards BaekhyunThe little giant handed Baekhyun the strawberry ice cream and started devouring his own.

"BaekDo you like adventures?" Chanyeol asked

"Yeahwhat are you planning this time?" Baekhyun asked with curiosityhe knows Chanyeol too well and he knows that he is capable of doing anything If he is bored enough.

"I want to travel around the worldLike my mommy didBut I don't want to go alone so... Do you want to come with me!?"
 

 


Baekhyun woke up in tears, the memories of Chanyeol talking about traveling together made him emotional. Baekhyun decided to clear his mind with a midnight walk, he grabbed a jumper and left his house. It was cold and dark but the light of the moon and a few streetlights where enough for him to see.

After a couple of minutes walking around town, he ended up in a park, the park was particularly small, the unique feature about it was the carousel placed In the middle. The carousel was filled with life, it had pink and blue pastel colours combined with gold details that complimented the white background.

The white horse was Baekhyun's favourite, as a child, he always felt free and happy in the carousel, but now it was the only physical memory of Chanyeol, in this carrousel was when they first met back when they were kids.

 

 


Baekhyun was struggling to hop on the white horsehe tried jumping but nothing workedHe was about to give up when his small figure was lifted from the groundhe managed to get on the horse and looked around to see who helped him.

He saw this corky looking kidhe was taller than him and had unique eyes and earsThe child jumped on top of the black horse next to Baekhyun and smiled brightly at him.

"Than...ThanksBaekhyun managed to say

"No problemYou seem like you needed help!" The child responded.

 

 

 


" you Park Chanyeol" Baekhyun kicked a little pile of snow "I hate you! Why did you leave me?". Baekhyun plopped down on one of the benches that where around the carousel, he started to remember all the memories that they shared in that park, he smiled slightly at the thought of it, but his smile didn't last long as he started to tear up; he was still in disbelief about Chanyeol missing case, even though he was mad he still cared about him.

The carousel always made him feel like his younger self, filled with dreams and expectations for the future; he stared at the two horses, were they always this close to each other?

The black horse, usually the most underappreciated seat. It didn't have many accessories just a leash and the saddle that resembled leather with little gold ornaments, it was simple yet sophisticated; in the other side, the white horse was bright and majestic, people associate this kind of horses with royalty, and that's exactly why young Baekhyun found it fascinating.

Baekhyun glanced the horses one last time before leaving, he looked at the white horse and noticed a letter hanging from the horse leash. He got closer and instantly recognized his name written in a familiar handwriting, he opened the envelope So abruptly that he almost broke the letter inside.

 

«Dear Baekhyun,
I think this was the toughest decision I've ever made in my lifeand this probably will be yours too..

48.858093, 2.294694

- Chanyeol»

 

Baekhyun couldn't believe his eyes, Chanyeol had left a letter for him, he took out his phone in a blast and started to type the numbers on google.

"PARIS?! WHAT IS THIS?"- Baekhyun whispered-shouted, now walking back to his house "Am I supposed to go there? Is Chanyeol in Paris?". Baekhyun sat down on his couch and tried to clear his mind, everything was still confusing. Could Chanyeol actually be in France, waiting for him?

 

 


"Can you explain me again what's going to be on the test?" Chanyeol asked with desperation, he forgot they had a test and actually spend his night playing games.

"Ok, but you have to pay attention this time"- This was probably the third time Baekhyun had to explain Chanyeol the exam topics. He started explaining the main topic 'The French revolution'.

"Basically you have to understand the causes and the changes it produced in France. Everything is on page 59"

"FRANCE!!"- Chanyeol said out of nowhere.

"Yeah, the French revolution was in France, unbelievable right?" Baekyun mocked the latter

"Thanks, genius... But that's not my point. Our first destination is going to be Paris!"- Chanyeol raised his pencil up like he had discovered something important.

Baekhyun looked up from his history book and took a glance at Chanyeol glowing eyes, he's been talking about this 'trip' since the day they first met, and somehow still be amused by this dream.

Baekhyun was mesmerized by Chanyeol expression that he didn't even try to make a sarcastic comment.

"Cool but you are not going anywhere if you don't pass this exam so you better start studying"- Baekhyun slightly hit Chanyeol on the forehead with a pencil. The latter threw his head back and groaned in frustration "I hate history" he mumbled before going back to study.

 

 

 

Baekhyun walked back and forward in his room with the letter in his hands and his head in the clouds. He had to make a decision as soon as possible; Chanyeol was right, this had to be the hardest decision Baekhyun ever made.

After a couple of hours thinking and one plane ticket later, Baekhyun was ready to start his adventure.

 

 


hi hello :) 

I got inspired while traveling to Europe so I'll give it a shot.

I'll try my best to update when I'm not busy if you are reading this please be patient with me ><

sorry for any typos