one

Dream of Death


In loving memory,

Byun Baekhyun 
Born 1834
Deceased in 1860

 

In loving memory,

Park Chanyeol 
Born 1834
Deceased in 1860

 

In loving memory,

Kim Jongin 
Born 1836
Deceased in 1860

 



Byun Baekhyun was 26 years old when he died in 1860. It’s now the year 2018, Baekhyun is still 26 years old. Yes, he was dead, dead from the human world, his humanity got washed away along with it, too.

The only three things that stayed with him after the transformation was one; his memories, two; his body, and lastly; Park Chanyeol.

Baekhyun changed. Kim Jongin, too, changed. It’s a known fact for a human to change after their transformation to being a vampire. They’re half dead, as well as their feelings and emotions, that got numb and stoned into a box along with their youth. 

The first day was the most important, it was like your life sentence, it’s the only day that counts and matters, all the other day doesn’t. Because the saying ‘live life to the fullest’ doesn’t make sense anymore, you have the eternity to make things right or to make things wrong. But if you choose to sin or to hurt, you’ll still have time, time to fix, time to mend. Because there’s nothing to look forward to at the end of the day, or even at the end of the life, it goes on forever, like the train to nowhere,  it was exciting at first, but then you got bored, the cycle moves repetitively, making you want to kill yourself, to end it all. But the problem is you can’t, and you will never, die.

The first day was the day that will define your life as a vampire. Like getting sort into groups, life groups. The emotions that you heavily felt that day? You’ll feel forever. What you did that day? It will somehow find its way back to you in the future, like history repeating itself. 

People changed because the first day was also the hardest, you’re still adjusting, you don’t have a ground to stand, you don’t even know who you are. Because who you are was supposed to be dead. And hopefully, find peace. 

Nobody knew that your first day as a vampire is like your last, so most people never cares, too busy in their misery coping with their new lifestyle, yearning for a normal human life. But some yearn for the new journey of immortality. What did Baekhyun do on his first day as a vampire on November 28th, 1860? He, like the others, was miserable. Ambushed by various of thoughts that he was sure wasn’t his, except it was. But that day, Baekhyun also lived in regrets. The regret of ing Kim Jongin. 

So even almost a hundred years later, when he thought he finally got rid of Jongin. He found the tall tan male again, in the middle of the crowds, in Woodstock music festival, New York City 1969. Then Baekhyun felt it, the urge, the hunger, the yearning, for Jongin. It was the same feeling he had on November 28th, 1860. It didn’t felt like it was controlled, it’s more like a drunken , where they couldn’t control their impulse to each other, hard, both of them couldn’t stop until they both reached their high, till they meet euphoria of release. And that’s what Baekhyun is scared about. He couldn’t control himself when it comes to Jongin. Indeed, it was the best Baekhyun had ever had, even in the span of almost 200 years. But Baekhyun knew there’s someone waiting, there’s someone he’s still waiting for, every single year. 

So what Jongin and Baekhyun decided to do was to live on the opposite side of the earth. Baekhyun moved to South Korea in 1985, and Jongin stayed in the U.S. That was their deal in order to really get rid of each other and prevent any mishaps from happening again. 

Now, What about Park Chanyeol, what did he do on his first day as a vampire? He didn’t do anything except lying lifelessly on the grass filled with blood. Park Chanyeol was dead. Not half dead, but dead. The type of death that gifts you with another chance to restart, to forget everything about the past and starts anew. It’s the chance both Baekhyun and Jongin didn’t get to have.