Ending.

Time Of Sorrow

 

 

 

"Alice!" Someone calling out for your name as soon as you took a step in into the class. You were totally familiar with the voice. It's none other than your best friend, Choi Byungchan. You tilted your head up and could see the other boys were there with him as well, they're currently sitting in the circle as if they have something to talk.

You passed a slight smile to them before slowly approached them, step by step. You naturally secured the seat beside Byungchan because that's where you normally sit. Your eyes wandered around to see other boys were looking at you with an excited face, "Is there anything happened?" You curiously asked because it's so rare to see all seven of them together, especially when they're not in the same class.

"Chan has something to say to you," Seungsik nudged the boy who was currently spacing out; looking at somewhere only he knows. Chan blankly shifted his eyes on Seungsik as if he's saying, he had no idea on what the hell Seungsik was rambling about. To be honest, yes, he didn't recall anything about it.

Seungwoo, whom staying quiet along the conversation suddenly opened his mouth, "If you guys are not going to say anything, I'm going back to my class," He sterned with his words. Everyone knows if Seungwoo muttered something, that's mean its the cue for them to be serious. Because the boy wouldn't tolerate with anyone; except you. You didn't once witness him went mad when it comes to you.

"School holiday is coming soon, so I was thinking to have a short trip with all of us!" Seungsik exclaimed and the other boys weren't surprise to the news at all; except for Hanse. He was currently jumping in the class; shouting the word 'seriously', 'yeay', 'awesome' for many times. Oh God, don't talk about the attention the kids in the class gave them. It's beyond the uncomfortable state.

You nodded your head, agreed with his plan. After all Seungsik will never disappoint you when it comes to the short trips. He had always done a good job on that part. You entitled him, the mother of the group between the eight of you. You bet the others would agree with you, as well.

Your eyes then shifted to the boy whom sitting beside Hanse. He was leisurely allowing his eyes looking at his friend with his arms crossed. You smiled upon watching his behaviour. His almond shaped eyes has always been attracting your attention since day-1 you know him. He didn't talk frequently, but you know that he cared about all of the other boys; maybe including you into the list.

He was the only one that has been on your mind all these times. Jung Subin.

"I'm sorry to say this," You started to talk and all the eyes moved towards you. It would be a lie if you said you felt relaxed with those stares they were giving to you but since it has consistently been that way; you managed to calm down after a few seconds of silence, "Sejun's growling stomach disturbing my attention," I made a statement that cause the gentle boy to frown.

All of the eyes presently were on Sejun, and you know he hates that. Sejun never enjoys extra attention from people; he prefers for him to be alone and do his own thing without anyone disturbed him. As you thought about that, only then you realized you actually know a lot about the boys in front of you though it's only scarcely one year since you know each other.

Because you're a transfer student.

 

 

 


 

 



The lunch time has arrived and Byungchan excitedly stood up from his seat. You were lazily supporting your head on the table when you could feel a tall figure was standing in front of your table. You reluctantly elevated your head up and looked at the boy with a pair of bleary eyes.

"Let's go for lunch," You were surprised because it turned out to be Seungwoo who was there, looking at you with his usual cold eyes. You furrowed your eyebrows but only then you noticed everyone in the class were already gone and you're left behind; alone.

Byungchan ditched you too for lunch. Unbelievable.

You stared at his face, "Can you say that with smile?" You asked for a favor from him. To be honest, you wouldn't care about it because you were already used to it. But somehow, you wanted to see his smile. You know he rarely offer a smile on his face but when he did, he would look good with it.

Suddenly, his lips curved upwards forming a force smile but you sure he tried so hard for you. You replied it with a smile as well before stood up and started to walk. Seungwoo silently trailed you from your side and sometimes your hand would brush with him causing the awkwardness arose between the two of you.

Seungwoo established a distance between you and him when he could see the uncomfortable expression on your face, "Sorry," He muttered under his breath, but you know you overheard it right. He said sorry. You never heard him saying sorry to anyone before, though. 

"You don't have to," You insisted with a nervous smile plastered on your face. Both of you continued your way to the cafe until you make it to the entrance and could see the other boys were already waiting for you at the table

It startled you when suddenly someone winded their arms around yours and hauled you to the table. Turn out, it wasn't only you who surprised but Seungwoo too. He had frowned when someone escorted you away from him. You didn't note his expression because by no time, you're already there at the table where the other five boys were waiting for you.

"That's bold of you, Im Sejun," Chan made a statement that caused the whole group to laugh. Sejun didn't talk much, but he was actually close to you. If you could appoint someone that you could disclose your secret to, it would be Sejun. You rely on him more than anyone here.

Sejun pushed you to the chair and took a sit beside you. Seungwoo came a few seconds after you had done. You walked with him but yet you reached earlier; blame Sejun who suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Seungwoo passed an intense glare towards Sejun but no one witness that. Not even you.

The table becomes loud when the seven of them together. It includes you into the account; so let's say it was eight of you together. Hanse currently telling the boys nonsense stories and seemed like no one really paid attention to any of his words because they're busy digging their own foods. Your eyes shifted to Subin, he sits in front of you but he never took a glance at you, not even once. It would be a lie if you didn't feel terrible about it but then you know how he is. He has always been like that.

"Why?" Subin stopped chewing on his food when he noticed you've been staring at him since forever. You blushed when his eyes locked on you, "Is there anything on my face?" He started to wipe his cheeks using the back of his hand, and you shook your head as respond.

You gnawed with your lower lips, feeling awkward with the situation, "No-- Nothing," You stuttered, You know you couldn't hide your feelings when it comes to someone you like. It's weird how you could stay in the group even after you like one of them. People believed boys and girls couldn't be friends but you believe you can; not until you met Jung Subin.

"Alice is blushing!" Seungsik provoked you when he saw your red-flush cheeks. You tried to hide your face using your hand, but Sejun restrained you from doing so. You lowered your head looking at your lap when suddenly Sejun put his hand on your chin and examined your face.

"Wh--What?" You stuttered again for the second time when Sejun looked at you with a pair of concern eyes. He placed the back of his hand on your forehead; likely trying to check on your temperature at that moment. You're pretty sure you aren't sick so you seized his hand and put it aside, "I'm okay," You insisted before you proceed in eating your food again

In the fullness of time, the table becomes peaceful again.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"Sejun," You called out for his name. You're currently at the side of Han River, sitting together with you and only Sejun around here. You called him a while ago, summoning him to accompany you for a night walk. You have always enjoyed walking, especially under the night lamps but not when you're alone.

You always prefer to have someone by your side and that's why Sejun is in this place with you.

"You like Subin, right?" Sejun sudden statement struck you by surprise because you didn't expect for him to notice that. You never expect for anyone to grasp it. You looked at him with a clueless expression acting as if you didn't comprehend his words at all when you clearly understood it, "Alice, don't be too surprise,"

"How did you know that?" You awkwardly urged him with the question when you could respond to it by yourself. 

It prompts you the moment where you're still in States and had a crush on a senior you barely know as the President of Music Club. Everyone in the class knows you have a crush on him and forced you to confess so you did. But sadly, he rejected your confession and ever since that you promised to yourself; you will never confess to anyone you like.

Sejun shrugged to your question, "The way you look at him," He directly answered, "It's absolutely the same way--," Suddenly, he stopped talking and opened the can of soda, Sejun and you bought at the convenience store just now.

"What do you want to say?" You frowned when Sejun couldn't continue his words. He bobbed his head and you shrugged to it, leaving the sentence incomplete. You were actually intrigued on what he's going to say, but you're not going to force him stating the things he didn't want to.

The situation went silent for a while with the two of you silently gulped down the soda in your own respective hand, "Confess to him," Sejun provided a suggestion that you know you will never make it. Not in a thousand years. You hate the fact he told you to do something you didn't want to but you know he's merely encouraging you in sorting out your feelings.

"I'm afraid if he didn't like me," You uttered the words in your mind since forever.

Sejun chuckled, "There's no one between us who dislikes you, Alice," He claimed and you weren't sure whether you should believe in his words or not. It sounds odd to you.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"Let's play basketball!" Chan threw a suggestion into the discussion. You were spacing out; thinking about the things Sejun told you yesterday because it kept bothering you and you couldn't get it off your mind, "Alice, will you join us?" He excitedly asked you as you scratched your head, still frustrated over Sejun's absurd statement yesterday.

When you didn't give, any respond to him; he poked your cheeks and it startled you, a lot, "Yes, what?" Your eyes wandered around looking at the seven boys in front of you. You need to admit even though you've been by their side for one year but you still haven't used in the way they stared at you everytime you wanted to convey something.

"She's wearing skirt; you couldn't expect her to join us," Subin who was always quiet in most conversation, defend you in your place. You looked at him with a disbelief expression, but he didn't let his guard down as there's not even a spark of smile appeared on his face.

Though you couldn't help but smile by the slight gesture of his.

"No, I can join you guys," You insisted, "At least, I'm better at it than Hanse," Hanse passed a sharp glare towards you when you self-claimed yourself as someone who knows how to play basketball.

Chan's lips curved upwards producing a satisfied smile when he heard to your answer, "See you after class!" He exclaimed before he left to the class along with Seungwoo and Hanse who was in the same class as him. You forced your eyes following their steps before Sejun tapped your shoulders.

"Yes?" Your eyes fell on Sejun who was currently having a smile on his face, showing the dimple he had on his left cheeks. You didn't realize but most of the boys had dimple on their face. It's meant to represent an abnormality but it looked perfect on them. They looked charming whenever they smiled.

Though Subin doesn't have any dimple on his face, you still like him, nevertheless. Without any reason, you admire him the way he is.

Sejun let out a small chuckle upon your reaction, "Let's go back to the class," He told you and you rapidly nodded before following him from behind. You noticed that there's no Subin in the group as there's only three boys in front of you; Sejun, Seungsik and Byungchan.

You unconsciously rotated your body around to look for him but you discovered him standing right behind of you. You tripped your legs because of that and almost stumbled onto the ground when he took hold of your wrist and place his other hand on the back of your waist. He saved you from fracturing your bones.

"Are you okay?" You could see he was worried over you. You wanted to smile and be happy about it but the situation won't allow you to do so. You really felt uncomfortable with the position both of you were in at the moment. You bit your lower lips, passing a cue to Subin using your eyes, requesting him to let you go.

Subin understood it in no time as he properly aided you to stand back. You awkwardly touch your uniform to set it right before your eyes fell on him again; for the nth times today. You indeed lost the count on how many times you looked at him every day. You will never get weary of him, "Thank you," You uttered.

He rubbed the back of his neck, allow a slight smile formed; showing his snaggletooth. He's adorable. You thought.

"We should go back to the class now," He notified you when the bell rang indicated that the second session for the class will start soon. You acknowledged to his words and silently followed him from his side.

You should confess to him. You made up your mind that you will confess to him, and it's your ultimate decision.

 

 

 


 

 

 

According to their talk during the lunch, it's the time for the boys to gather around at the basketball court and compete in a game. As soon as the last bell rang, Byungchan, your deskmate, sprinted out from the class leaving his bag behind because he knows you would bring it for him.

"Choi Byungchan!" You yelled, but he was already gone from your vision. You frustratedly place the book in your bag as you muttered something inaudible by anyone. You could say you're cursing him. Without you realized, you heaved out a frustrated sigh and it could be heard by Sejun whom sitting in front of you.

Sejun turned his attention towards you and frowned, "Alice, are you okay?" He constantly is looking at you with those eyes and you didn't know for how long you could handle it. He's too nice to be just a friend. You quickly shoved the thought away when you felt like you're imagining something nonsense. 

It's difficult to think straight when you have seven perfect boys in your life. It was virtually impossible to choose only one of them but you were already sure with your heart that the one who steal your heart would be him. Only him. You smiled while staring at his back.

"I bet you're absolutely fine," Sejun claimed when he saw your smile. He shook his head, probably thinking on how silly your thought saying that no one knows you like Subin. Everyone would know you like Subin just by the stare you have been given to him. It's as simple as alphabets.

You were about to left like the others but you remembered that you still have Byungchan's bag to bring along. You propped your feet at the front door and altered your body around to collect the bag but it surprised you when Subin was there at your place, taking the bag on your behalf. You blinked your eyes for few times, looking at him as if he made a mistake.

"I will convey it to him," He informed you as he tried to walk between the space you had with the front door. You automatically took a step backward and grant him overtook you before you slid the door to secure it; started to walk, heading to the court.

You arrived the court 5 minutes late as all the boys were already sitting on the bench beside the court. They're talking to each other like they always do before again, their eyes shifted to you. You lowered your head, walking while looking onto the ground and tried to ignore those intense stares they're giving to you.

"You're late!" Hanse whined as he stomped his legs. He's so childish. You thought, "But wow, what are you doing with Subin?" His question caught you off guard as you  your head up to look at the owner of the voice and passed a glare to him. You were apparently saying something like, 'don't you dare to ask anything,' using the voice from your mind. 

Seungsik, who will never, could handle the tense between all of them lately, quickly present his words between your conversations. It wasn't categorically a conversation since you didn't express anything into it, "Let's divide our group," He suggested, "Since there's eight of us so 4:4," All of them nodded.

The team was divided into Byungchan and Seungwoo team. Seungwoo actually preferred to play soccer but since he's the most athletic among the others, so he decided to step in as leader. The two played rock paper scissor to select the member and surprisingly, Byungchan won the first round. 

Without any hesitation, Byungchan chose you to be in his group, and you couldn't be more thrilled about it because Byungchan is the ace in the group. He loves to play basketball and sometimes would invite you to play it with you though you weren't absolutely good at it. However, you're still more talented at it than Hanse.

Seungwoo's expression doesn't look good when you're already got chosen. You noticed the tense between the two boys. There will be no way that both of them wanted you to be in their group? You weren't even that great except the fact you're the only flower among all the bugs. 

The rock paper scissor continued and Byungchan kept winning, caused him to have the priority to choose all of his team members. Byungchan chose Sejun and Seungsik to be in his group. That's mean Subin, Chan and Hanse is in Seungwoo's team. At the very least, Hanse isn't in your team.

They decided to compete in the game with a bet on it. Oh, never mention about the bet at all. They're betting on something nonsense, "The team who wins will get a special night out with Alice!" You have no idea why the hell Chan suggested that but you know you wanted to hide your face from everyone at the moment. 

It would be in your list as the most embarrassing moment ever you could have in your entire life.

The game started with the two leader standing at the middle of the court. Since Sejun is the most trustworthy one between all of them so he's assigned to be the ball passer. He was currently standing between the leaders with an orange ball in his hand. He launched the ball upwards onto the air and Seungwoo managed to fling his hand on the ball. That's mean Seungwoo's team is leading.

From two till ten points, Seungwoo has been constantly put the ball into the goal post without failing. You thought he didn't know how to play basketball but you're totally wrong about it. He's more capable than you ever imagined. The game was getting intense when Subin managed to set another goal making there's only four points left for them to win.

It makes Byungchan anxious, and he started to play rough. When he received the ball, he unconsciously passed it to you and coincidentally you're near the goal post so you tried to make the ball went into it. At the end you did it. You scored two points for the team. The others were all being happy with your success and you high-five with Seungsik as he would be the nearest one to you at that moment.

You sticked out your tongue to Hanse as if you're proud of yourself. Because at least you helped them with points unlike Hanse who kept avoiding himself from getting hit by the ball. Hanse levelled his eyes before he focused back on the game, though he had no idea what he's doing here.

At last, your team still at the losing side by two points behind. But hey, their bet will be having a night out with you. Subin is in Seungwoo's group so that's mean... You will see Subin tonight! Yeay! Though your team lose you still couldn't hide the happy side of you because you will finally have a chance to confess your feelings towards Subin. You have been waiting for the suitable moment and tonight would be gifted.

"So, that's mean Alice will be with us tonight, right?" Chan placed his arms around your shoulders and passed a smile to all of them. You didn't notice but currently there are few of them having an uncomfortable expression as Chan did that. They're presumably feel unhappy with Chan's slight gesture on you. No one should ever laid their hands on you.

Sejun nodded, "Bet is still a bet, so you guys could have Alice tonight," You swear to God, Sejun's words could bring misunderstanding to anyone here. Why are they acting like you're a toy that could be borrowed or buy? Oh . But they you don't mind either since you will be with these handsome guys especially Jung Subin.

"Can't I join you guys?" Seungsik was already starting with his plan to become a member of the group. You know he loathes it whenever he's being left behind, especially when it comes to you. Seungsik is that friend who will consistently be by your side whenever you go because he likes it. He in the past said that he liked the perfume you used so that's why he sticked himself beside you. A weird boy, isn't it?

Byungchan maintained his poker face but you know he's furious. He doesn't enjoy losing especially if it involves basketball. Plus, you never witness him losing, not even once. But seemed like today was an exception. Seungwoo won the game and the bet automatically went to him.

"Sejun, aren't you going to join us?" Chan teased Sejun whom having his lips pouted because his night walk partner will be with someone else tonight. He looked lovely sometimes to you, and it makes you wondered why it's not Sejun that you like? Why it has to be the cold boy who rarely smiles yet warm inside his heart... Why is it Jung Subin among all of the seven boys?

You know you won't have any answer for it.

Sejun shrugged, "That's okay. I've spent most of my times with her, listening to her story so you guys could have her tonight," Your eyes widened upon his statement. Oh yes, no one at this point knows that you've been spending your times with Sejun every night because everytime they sought you to go out with them, you will refused it with a reason your parents didn't allow you to go out at night.

And now, Sejun ruined it all.

"Can you explain this?" Seungsik stared at you with his arms crossed. Apparently all of them were allowing their eyes on you, and only you. 

You gulped, trying to clear your throat using your saliva because you have been drinking nothing since the game had over. Your eyes wandered around, observing their expression one by one and you know they weren't pleased with the statement came out from Sejun just now, "I--I'll see you tonight," You informed them stutteringly before grabbing your bag that was placed on the bench and left the court as fast as you can.

The other boys looked at each other before their attention turned to Sejun, "So?" Chan raised both of his eyebrows, demanding an answer from Sejun. Sejun too, just like you, snatching his bag and tried to catch up with you.

"Hey, I think we need to run," You startled when Sejun appeared beside you out of nowhere. You slightly punch his arms because he declared them something they weren't obliged to know. Sejun chuckled to your cute action before he gripped your wrist and started to run in case the other boys will catch up with the two of you later on.

 

 

 


 

 

 

The night has come, and it's about the time for you to meet the other boys. They insisted to pick you up at your house but you refused it. Because you know your mum wouldn't like to see four boys in front of your house; waiting for you. Moreover, you would say that both of your parents only acquaintance with Sejun because he came to your house few times before.

You weren't a girl that loves doing make-over. The only thing you wear when you're attending school would be a compact powder. You dislike lipstick too because it would disturb your mood when you're eating. But for tonight, you wanted to put aside all of those thought and tried to look pretty in front of Subin.

That's the remarkably least you could do.

After a considerable time, you decided to put a white blouse with black pants. The white blouse has floral printed on it, and you swear to God this would be the first time you wear the blouse. It's essentially a present from Subin since your previous year's birthday. You didn't want to wear it because you cherish it.

Not because it's stunning but it's from Subin. You don't have any other reason to like the blouse.

Instead of wearing high heels, you preferred sneakers. Though you wanted to look good in front of the boys, high heels would nevertheless be in your wishlist to wear. You despised it. There would be no way for you to endure it. You grabbed a pair of black sneakers and wore it. It's birthday present from Seungwoo, so why not, right?\

It took you approximately 15 minutes by walking to reach the park. From afar, you could recognize a familiar figure. It's Seungwoo. You smiled upon observing him. He's wearing a white shirt, just like you. You fastened your pace and quietly walked behind him. 

You're about to cause a surprise to him but it surprised you when someone hugged you from behind. Oh yes, no one would have a gut to do this to you other than, "Heo Chan!" You shouted out loud the boy's name and it caused him to laugh. He loves to note the reaction you give after he bothered you. That's why he loves pestering you.

Seungwoo startled by your voice that he quickly turned his head around and for sure, he wasn't delighted at all to see Chan was back hugging you at the moment. He hates the fact that only Chan, who dares to do such things towards you. He had no guts to do so because he's afraid that you might push him away.

"My Alice," Chan tousled your hair but to be honest he couldn't because you decided to tie your hair in a pony tail style for today. The boy put leisurely lay down his arms around your shoulders that was more than 10 centimetres shorter than him. You were neither tall nor short. Just average.

You passed a glare towards the smiley boy before turned your attention to Seungwoo, "Hey, we're matching tonight," You made a statement that caused him to choke. You didn't mark it but his cheeks were already reddening, turning blush upon your comments.

As you walked along the park, Subin still nowhere to be seen. You started to get anxious. Today would be the day you wanted to confess to him but what if he didn't come? Hanse isn't in attendance up to now too, but you couldn't care less about him because all you could think of now is Jung Subin. And only him.

"Where's Subin?" You curiously asked Chan who was walking beside you. You didn't sight it but Seungwoo knows he hates to see the name came out from your lips. Because he knows you like Subin and not him. He despised the fact a lot that it wasn't him but Subin is the one you like.

Chan was about to respond to your question when someone tapped your shoulders, "Are you looking for me?" You gulped. You recognize this voice. You toss back your head and could see Subin was looking at you with smile, and it showed his snaggletooth. In result, your red blush cheeks appeared.

"H---Hi!" You greeted him. Chan nudged you and passed a sneaky smile when he noticed your reaction. All you could do now is glared at him, appealing to him to stay quiet and not disclosing anything or else you would do something bad to him. Joke, you would not once execute that.

 

 

 


 

 

 

The five of you currently sitting in a circle, doing nothing. You have no idea why they summoned you to meet them but it's hella awkward for you. You wanted to escape from this situation. You need to admit that you weren't extremely close to any of them except Heo Chan. That's solely because he constantly tormented you.

You would say that you're more familiar with Sejun, Seungsik and Byungchan. Your original team for basketball game earlier.

"I want to go and buy some drinks," Subin told the other boys. They nodded to his words reluctantly because currently Seungwoo was busy talking to Hanse while Chan, he was busy bothering you. Only when he left you realized that it would be the proper time for you to confess your feelings towards him. Because if you followed him to the mart, you will be walking with him; alone. That's the key point.

Your eyes wandered around looking at the boys, trying to pinpoint an exact time to tell your wish, "I'm going to follow Subin," You didn't wait for their answer before you left to chase for the boy who was at present 10 metres away from where all of them sit.

Seungwoo heaved out a frustrated sigh as you leave.

"Su--Subin!" You stuttered while calling his name. You know you shouldn't, but you merely couldn't help it. With only the boy being in front of you, it could make you went numb and forget everything happened around you. Bet that's how much you like him.

Subin stopped himself from walking and rotated his head around to look at you. He raised both of his eyebrows as both of his hands were in his jeans' pocket, "Hey, Alice," You blushed upon the voice of him calling out for your name. You probably could count using your fingers on how many times Subin addressed you by your name in a span of week time.

"Can I follow you to the mart?" You have no idea why you asked that silly question. You should've just followed him in silent. Why the hell you must look blindingly obvious that you like him, Alice? Oh God, you and your feelings. 

Subin chuckled to your question, "Of course, you can," He gave a gesture requesting you to come to him. Oh, , when will he ever stopped being cute? You could feel your heart was beating beyond the standard rate as of now. You're dying, because of Jung Subin's laugh and smile.

"Subin," He turned to you upon your voice, "I actually have something to tell you," You gnawed your lips as you were fiddling with your fingers, looking at the ground. You had no guts to catch a glimpse of his face because your heart might stop instantly if you ever did.

"Yes?" 

You gathered all the courage you could have these whole year you had been admiring him. You're always there beside him but he never look at you, not even once. You know he might reject your feelings as soon as you confessed but there's nothing you could do about it.

You like him and it's killing you to pretend like the two of you are nothing but friends when you know you wanted more than that. You refused to beat around the bush anymore and acknowledge the reality. For once, you wanted to accomplish the things you have been dreaming of.

Confessing to someone you like without anyone forcing you to do so; even though Sejun's words triggered you.

"I know you might say I'm crazy and probably the next thing I'm going to say will make the two of us awkward. But I've been dying to tell you this ever since day-1 we met and I felt like if I didn't confess to you now, I would regret it for the rest of my life," You stared into his eyes, trying to catch sight of your reflection, "I-- I like you," You confessed, "I like you Jung Subin,"

Subin stunned with your sudden confession. He didn't expect that. Neither you could expect the words you uttered a moment ago.

He was about to mention something but you cut his words, "You don't have to give the answer now. Just think about it first," You declared and abandoned him behind dumbfounded.

As long as you did the confession part, it's all done. Put differently, you weren't prepared to hear his true feelings towards you. Not now or later.

 

 

 


 

 



"You did something, didn't you?" Sejun, whom sitting beside you during lunch murmured the words into your ears. You altered your face looking at him and shrugged your shoulders before you focused back on your food. You've been eating nothing since you sat here. All did you do were playing with your food as if it's a toy or something.

Without you noticed, you heaved out an audible sigh that could be hear by all the boys. You completely forget that you have seven boys in front of you now and each of them would probably be deadly worried over you. Because you're so precious to every single of them.

"I never see Subin looks at you with a really worry expression, so I bet you really did something," He continued talking, and that's when you automatically tilted your head up to see the boy mentioned in his statement. You could see Subin was intensely staring at you, and all you could do right now is reply it with a slight smile.

You leaned your lips towards Sejun's ear to say something, "I will tell you about it later so shut your mouth for now," You notified him and he unwillingly nodded to your words.

After the lunch, you excused yourself; with Sejun of course to go somewhere in the school. You selected the park located at the back of the school as the placed where you're going to talk about the things happened yesterday with him. You don't have any siblings, so you could exclusively rely on Sejun when it comes to things like this.

There are seven boys around you, yet you elect him to be your secret holder. 

"So?" Sejun anticipated while waiting for your following words. He raised both of his eyebrows, looking at you with a smile, showing his dimple as he crossed his arms.

Your lips slightly curved upwards, "I--- I confessed to Subin yesterday,"

Sejun's face brightened as soon as you admitted the truth, "Really?" He looked like he was more excited than you, "What happen, then?" You nibble your lower lips as he urged that. You quietly shook you head as you squeezed the paper cup in your hand. It's the coffee Sejun bought for you but you already finished it before you arrived here.

"I'm not ready to hear his answer," You muttered under one's breath but could be clearly heard by Sejun. Sejun comfortably placed his arms around your shoulders as your head slowly leaned onto his broad shoulders.

He tapped your shoulders in hope it would soothe you down, "He likes you. Trust me," For now, you desperately wished you could believe in Sejun's words and it will truly be fine later, when you obtained his answer.
 

 

 


 

 

 

You're doing your homework in your room when suddenly you received a message from Seungwoo. Initially, you didn't want to look at it as you need to focus on your work first or else it will never be done. But then, you never ignore any of their messages and you weren't used to it either. So, you end up picking up the phone and check the message,

 

Seungwoo
I have something I want to tell you. Can I see you now?

 

You frowned upon interpreting his message. Seungwoo wants to see you? But why? You know Seungwoo would be the least one to ask you out among the other boys; including Subin. Therefore, you bet if he wants to see you that's mean he has something important he needs to tell you.

 

You
Okay. Wait for me at the park.

 

You closed the book in front of you, "That's all for today," You muttered alone when you almost did nothing for the past an hour. You should answer the question given by your teacher, but you have no idea on how you should solve it. This is why Mathematics and you could never be together. You should have asked for Sejun's help if you know it's going to be like this.

Subsequently, you grabbed your sweater, phone and purse before you fled the house. It will take you 15 minutes to walk but somehow it would be worth it. Since it's Seungwoo whom seeking you for a meet up. He must have something really important that he wants to inform you.

As you expected, 15 minutes of walking and you already reached the park. Your steps felt empty today because there's no Sejun beside you. To think about it, it has been a long time since you have a walk with him. You missed him somehow. He's the closest one to you, though.

You walked and walked until you reach the only public phone existed in the park. You squinted your eyes when you could see someone familiar in the booth, "I--Isn't that---," You couldn't in spite of continue your words when suddenly someone called you. You were hoping for it to be Seungwoo, but it's not, it's in fact Subin.

Nonetheless, you still answer his call, "Hi, Subin. Is there anything happened?" You asked as soon as you picked up the call.

"I have something I want to tell you,"

It would be a lie if you weren't expecting for some good news from him. It has been few days since you confessed to him and you think it's about the time for you to get an answer from him. 

"I'm sorry, Alice. I appreciate your feelings but I think we should just stay as a friend,"

Your heart dropped upon his words. You were already expecting for this to happen but why... just why... it hurts? You have no idea why you're actually hoping that there will be something going on between you and Subin... It's such a bull. You know he didn't like you. You know that, Alice.

"Alice? Are you okay?"

The way he called for your name wasn't going to calm you down anymore. The tears in your eyes dripping down your cheeks with no intention that it would stop anytime soon. There will be no way for you to hold up your tears in this kind of situation right?

You have liked him for one year long and this would be the end of your one-sided love. You didn't know on how you should confront Subin later...

Stupid, Alice. Stupid. 

"Let---Let's talk about it later," You ended the call abruptly, gritted your teeth, clenched your left fist as you shifted your body around. Your vision was already blurry due to the tears but you were sure that it's Seungwoo whom standing in front of you now.

"A--Alice," He was probably startled to see you in tears. Who didn't, right? You never cry in front of any of them but here you are having your tears flowing out because of Jung Subin.

Did you like him that much?

You were sobbing so hard, and it's impossible for you to utter any words at the moment, "S--Seungwoo," You stuttered, "I will see you later. I'm sorry," You gave a slight bow to him before you walked away from him.

As you walked down the road, all of the memories you had with Subin came across your mind. You were actually wondering what was those gesture in the past supposed to mean? Wasn't it because he likesyou? So at the end, you misunderstood all of it right? 

You're such a loser, Alice.

"Wait," Someone clasped your wrist to prevent you from walking, "I think I couldn't let you go just like that,"

You burst into tears even more as you discovered the voice whom currently behind of you now. You lost all the strength you had in your legs that you ended up kneeling on the ground, 

"I--I think I like him so much, Seungwoo. I was already expecting for his rejection but why, just why it hurts me so much? I know we're friends but why I insisted to be more than friends? H--How should I stop these feelings when it kept growing up by time?"

The boy pulled you into a hug, slowly caressed your back. He didn't say anything you and instead he kept soothing you down in wish you could relax both of your mind and body at the moment.

 

 

 


 

 

 

"Why the hell you did that?" Seungwoo stormed into Subin's room without even asking for permission. After you had left, he straightly went to Subin's house to confront him. 

Subin looked at Seungwoo with a clueless expression, "What do you mean?" He knows what Seungwoo was talking about but he was pretending like he experiences nothing about it.

To be honest, Subin witnessed it. He saw you and Seungwoo earlier. When you didn't respond to any of his words earlier, he started to look around from inside of the booth. He wasn't confident if it's positively you or not since he couldn't identify it properly but based on the sweater you wore, he knows it's you.

Because he likes you as much as you like him.

"Alice likes you; you know that right?" He crossed his arms as he issued that statement. Subin gulped, clearing his throat. His eyes were shaking because he couldn't tell a lie.

Subin tried to look cold as if he wasn't troubled at all, "So?"

"Are you really going to be like this, Jung Subin?" 

He clenched his fist, gritted his teeth while passing an intense glare towards Seungwoo, 

"Do you genuinely think it's easy for me to do that? What can I do if someone else likes her too? I don't want to risk our friendship because of a girl. No matter how much I like her, just it wouldn't be right for me to accept her feelings,"

Seungwoo frowned, "So--someone else likes her too?" He stuttered, "Wh--Who?" Seungwoo thought Subin knew about his feelings towards you but he's totally wrong about it.

"Byungchan. Byungchan likes Alice. He said he was going to confess to Alice when we go for a holiday later. Therefore do you expect me to accept Alice's feelings and ruined our friendship because of that?"

 

 

 






 

It has been few days since the incident happened and the tense you had with the other boys arose too much lately. You didn't talk to them nor hanging out around them. In other words, you're evading them.

"Alice," You could hear Chan's voice calling out for your name but you refused to turn around and looked at him. You didn't want to associate with any of them for now. At least for now. You still need some time to sort out your feelings and you could feel it's going to take longer time than you ever expected.

You fastened your pace in hope that he wouldn't capture you but you know he will, "Hey, hey," He grasped your wrist and appeared right in front of you. 

"What do you want?" You asked him in a cold tone voice. You didn't know why you should acted that way but you barely did. Chan had done nothing wrong, so why are you considering him like he did? Plus, neither of them did wrong to you. None of them.

And that's what make you frustrated, to be honest. Because there will be no way for you to despise them.

"Why are you avoiding us lately? Is there anything happened to you? Did I perhaps do something wrong to you? Can you tell me anything about it?"

He kept bugging you, and you know it wouldn't give any better outcomes to you. You were actually weak when someone appealing to you. You could never handle it. 

You turned the other way to look at him and passed a slight smile, "Nothing. You did nothing wrong, and you don't have to worry about it," You claimed and fling his hand away from yours. 

"Alice," Another familiar voice calling out for your name. You missed this voice.

You pouted your lips when you saw him, "Im Sejun," You rushed yourself towards him and pulled him into a hug, "I miss you. Where did you go?" You comforted yourself in his embrace.

Sejun chuckled to your sudden action. He set his hand on your hair and started to caress it, "My sweet Alice," His voices managed to soothe you down a little bit. For all one knows, Sejun has consistently been that kind of person to you. The one who could calm you down if you ever had a bad day.

"Alice! You neglect me when I approach you but brightened up when you saw Sejun. This isn't reasonable," Chan whined as he stood beside the two of you.

Sejun shook, "Just leave her alone," He insisted and Chan couldn't say any other thing else. He forced himself to leave the scene when he didn't want to. There's no way for him to be between you and Sejun.

You two are inseparable.

"So tell me about it," Currently you're sitting at the usual bench with only you and Sejun around. 

Your lips curved upwards producing a smile, "Subin, he rejected me," You revealed to him the truth.

"Are you sure about that Alice, because I don't think he would do that," You frowned as you heard to Sejun's words. What does he mean by that? "He's here so I would have him to tell the truth about it,"

It took you by surprise upon that words and you quickly elevated your head up just to see Subin was standing not too far from you, "S---Subin," You stuttered.

"Alice, I have something to tell you,"