Final.

Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One fine morning in their soundless dorm, Jeongyeon rose way too early for the other members’ liking. Jeongyeon knows, perhaps, that this once quiet dorm is waiting to be filled with their innocent but loud noises once the others wake up from their deep slumber. So she prepared and awaken while she has the chance.

 

She stretched her way out of the cramped up room she shares with Momo, with only one thing in her mind and of course, it was cleaning. Jeongyeon taking a walk to wake their dear leader up, she saw a rather peculiar thing to see in a place where it doesn’t belong.

 

It was a flower petal. A petal of a forget-me-not flower. A kind that Jeongyeon adores very much.

 

Jeongyeon found it interesting and it peaked her attention. She picked it up from where it lied and she thought something was not right. Jeongyeon tried to shake it off her clouded mind that it was just another mess lying around. Probably from one the flower crowns the fans were giving Sana or Mina or even just a bouquet given to Jihyo or Tzuyu, but much to her dismay, she doesn’t remember such kind of flower given to them.

 

She went in to the room, shaking the leader gently and telling her that it was the day of cleaning, but of course, the kind-hearted she was, she just instructed that she will be cleaning the rooms once the late risers have woken up. Near Jihyo’s bed, was a woman, dreaming very deep. It was Nayeon. Jeongyeon clicked her tongue softly at what was Nayeon wearing to her sleep. Nayeon was still in her practice clothes.

 

These days, Jeongyeon not really fond of how late Nayeon goes home these days. She falls asleep without Nayeon in the dorm, for she left too early after the practice, surprisingly, passing through their strict manager way too quickly. As far as Jeongyeon remembers, they weren’t allowed to go out.

 

But now, she rather found it fascinating, with a very new feeling she never really felt before.

 

For she saw the same flower petal on Nayeon’s bed.

 

—————————————

 

The size of the room really does not help Jeongyeon to rest earlier. It was the biggest one to clean out of all the bedrooms and she really doesn’t enjoy cleaning after a messy person like Sana.

 

With all of the members gathered in the living room, Jeongyeon was left alone scavenging for their messy, dirty things that doesn’t pass much to her liking.

 

But out of all the mess she encountered, there was one she disliked cleaning up in the big room.

 

It was the same flower petal under Nayeon’s bed. Only, it was many.

 

Jeongyeon paid no more attention to it, instead, she swept it off, an unfamiliar feeling burning through her.

 

Nayeon tells her everything, as far as she knows. But she never bothered to tell her about having someone she thought was special. They were having too much fun in their own little world, not remembering someone can actually be there for Nayeon, eventually going to replace her. To think of it, it was a bit narcissistic.

 

Uneasy, Jeongyeon left the big room with a heavy feeling, joining the rest in the small leather couch. She looked at Nayeon, cold eyes staring at the movie everyone was watching. It was too cold. Too different from the glow it holds whenever she smiles.

 

Jeongyeon has too many questions in mind now, despite the littlest things.

 

Mina nudged in a bit to Jeongyeon’s side, breaking the heavy tension her aura holds. Mina asked Jeongyeon if she was okay, getting the simple answer of “Yes.” to her question. Not yet satisfied, Mina asked again once more, getting the same answer, much to her dismay. Mina asked again, same tone, but the care increased. Jeongyeon finally lets her pride down by answering truthfully. She thought she could tell Mina, the silent one who can keep secrets unsaid.

 

The movie they were watching was finally done. Two rappers, asleep on each other’s arms, perhaps getting all bored on the sappy romance movie. With eyes scanning the whole room, seeing them leave for the kitchen or either the bathroom, it was quite peculiar that Nayeon left for the room. Jeongyeon, wanting to catch up with the only person she wanted to talk to with stories bottling up on her, followed her, only to see Nayeon’s eyes shooting up the ceiling.

 

“Hey, nabong.” Jeongyeon called for her attention, not leaving the door post for she was waiting for Nayeon to acknowledge her presence.

 

“Hey, Jeong.” Nayeon knows her voice. She didn’t even give her a look before greeting her back.

 

Getting the signal, Jeongyeon found her way to Nayeon’s side, carefully letting her feel that she’s very near. Jeongyeon brushed her hand to her arm gently, feeling it was a bit delicate than usual. Much to her suprise, Nayeon retreated her arm to her side, finally glancing on her companion.

 

“Are you okay? I can read a big stop sign plastered on your face right now.” Jeongyeon tried to ease the air a little bit, but Nayeon was too off to even acknowledge with a single huff or a giggle.

 

“I am. I just don’t want you to get sick because of me.” Nayeon defended. It was true, Jeongyeon noticed how sick Nayeon looked. From her cold eyes to her cold arm, she could tell it was something very unusual of her.

 

“You won’t get me sick, Nabong. I’m strong.” Jeongyeon seemed that she was trying to get her full trust again, telling her everything is okay, thoughts on asking where the forget-me-not petals came from seemingly vanish from her mind. All she cares about now was her state.

 

“Not now, Jeong. Please? Just this once.” Jeongyeon never liked anyone pleading to her, especially when it was the person she actually values and grew up with. It sent a familiar sting to her, the sting she felt when she took hold of the petal. It was clear that Nayeon was really avoiding her.

 

Finally defeated, Jeongyeon stared at Nayeon’s begging eyes, not wanting to stare a little longer for it was hurting her.

 

“Okay. I’ll... I’ll leave you to it.” Jeongyeon tried not to stutter but failed. She’s not even good at hiding.

 

Jeongyeon felt herself weaken as she lets go of the door knob, leaving the door half open in case Nayeon needed anything or simply, in case she calls her back but much to her dismay, the sound of nothing but silence was heard from the room.

 

Nayeon tells her all of what was happening, but this time, could it be possibly different? Jeongyeon can’t even fathom why.

 

Jeongyeon sat lifelessly beside Mina, who was carefully biting off her favorite candy Momo sheepishly hid in the cupboard. Mina knew what happened, so she proceeded to telling Jeongyeon what to do.

 

“Whatever it is, unnie thinks it through. Trust her and go with it.” Mina, with her limited words made Jeongyeon feel empty even more. Jeongyeon reached in her pocket, grasping on the little forget-me-not petal that was close to dying. She let Mina catch a glimpse of it before eventually letting it go, letting it fall to the floor.

 

“I want to trust her. But does she even trust me?” Jeongyeon lifelessly watched the petal fall on the floor, as Mina watched it too. Mina could only heave a sigh, finding words that could comfort her. Nayeon seemed to be an important one to Jeongyeon. Without her, she feels as empty too knowing that Jeongyeon is more than a hollow brick now.

 

—————————————

 

Jeongyeon only hears the bathroom getting opened and closed frequently from her room now. She let her mind wonder it was Nayeon, but in her heart, she doesn’t want to believe it.

 

Nayeon’s illness is getting worse every second. Trip to events getting hectic as all the members could hear was her heart-wrecking, to Jeongyeon perhaps, coughs that she spats from time to time, pale face getting covered by makeup, and of course, her fake smile plastered to her face, trying not to make others worried.

 

It was bothering Jeongyeon. It really was. A lot of questions floats through her mind. Why doesn’t the manager take her to the hospital? Why does the leader kept pretending she doesn’t hear her sick cry? Jeongyeon really worries up until she can’t sleep.

 

Jeongyeon cleaned once again in the biggest room, seeing more petals from the room. Petals that doesn’t really makes sense. She swept it off the floor to the dustpan, like it was really nothing. She wishes hard that it was really nothing. She prays hard it was nothing.

 

As soon as she stepped out of the room, her feet directed her to the kitchen where she found Nayeon struggling to get a box of cereal from the pantry. The other members were nowhere to be found but in the living room, where they nap together like they always use to. Jeongyeon fathoms about Nayeon being awake, maybe from her excessive coughing and systems that are hurting.

“Let me get it for you. Take a seat while I prepare it for you.” Jeongyeon pushed Nayeon gently to the side. Nayeon wanted to protest but she can’t bring herself to do so. Jeongyeon swears she saw Nayeon open to say something, but she was glad that Nayeon let her reach to Nayeon’s favorite cereal, using her height that indeed reminds her of Nayeon.

 

“I’m too tall! Can’t you see my height?” Jeongyeon stood beside Nayeon infront of the mirror, sulking even more for their unmatching height. Jeongyeon could only sigh at Nayeon who just laughed it off and placed the weight of her arm on her shoulder, emphasizing their height even more.

 

“I can. That’s why there ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter