Personal Driver

Driving Ms. Bae

A/N: Happy Seulrene Day everyone. This months oneshot is about Seulgi getting her drivers license and Irene offering to buy her a car, to where Seulgi thinks they’ll go on lots of dates. When it becomes more she’s a personal driver. Enjoy

 

When Seulgi received her results that she had passed both her written and driving exams. She couldn’t wait to share the good news with her girlfriend. Joohyun should be back at the dorms from her solo schedule now. She really couldn’t wait to get back to share with her the incredible news. When she arrived back at the dorm. She hurried through the door, and greets her friends briefly. They don’t even have time to say hi back. Seulgi is already going to find her other half.

 

“Hyunnie, are you awake?” She knocks on her bedroom door.

 

“Seul, hey babe. Come in,” Joohyun speaks from inside. The monolid girl enters her girlfriend’s bedroom to find her underneath her covers, phone in hand, looking as if she’s just mindlessly scrolling through pages.

 

“Hey, Hyun,” Seulgi sits down on the side of her, and presses a quick kiss to her cheek. The raven in bed looks unimpressed.

 

“You know the rules, baby.” She gestures again to her lips. Seulgi surely knows the rules. Whenever it’s just the two of them. Joohyun expects more kisses. She won’t accept some quick kiss. She wants the longer, deeper, and hotter lip locks. The kind of kisses that usually lead to full on making out. Seulgi complies and wraps her arms around her waist. She pulls her shorter girlfriend into a deeper, hotter kiss. She slips her tongue into , and Joohyun nods against her in appreciation. They only stop kissing when Joohyun is satisfied.

 

“There, now was that so hard?” She smiles and kisses Seulgi’s lips once more.

 

“No, it wasn’t.”

 

“Good, let’s start over. Hi baby, how are you? You look excited,” Joohyun whispers affectionately. She enjoys to see her bear-like girlfriend happy. She just wants to know why, so she can share in this excitement.

 

“I am. Guess who passed her driving test.” Seulgi proudly shows off her papers stating how she had passed, and can officially drive a car. Joohyun smiles before gently pecking her cheek.

 

“Wow, babe. That’s so good. I’m really happy for you. I told you that you would do it.”

 

“Yes,” Seulgi chuckles softly. Joohyun kept encouraging her throughout all of her studying. She believed in her and never let her give up. She would make her food while she studied, cheered her up when she felt down, and even helped her to study when she felt too overwhelmed at times. It was surely a team effort.

 

“Well, you know what that means, right”

 

“I can drive now.”

 

“Yep, and you remember what I promised you?”

 

Seulgi does remember how her girlfriend promised she'd buy her a car as soon as she got her license. At first Seulgi thought she was kidding.

 

“I thought you were kidding.”

 

“No, this is for us, Seul. We can go out on more dates now. We wouldn't have to worry, or sneak around so much.”

 

The couple make time for dates as much as possible. Whether it was a quick meal at a restaurant, shopping together, or if they were really lucky. They'd go down to their spot at the river. It's always been a place special for them. Somewhere they could go to talk, and share any thoughts, hopes, or issues they needed to address as a couple. Now that Seulgi had her license they could certainly go more places. The monolid girl nods.

 

“Can I pick the car?”

 

Joohyun gives her a sudden serious look. “We’ll both pick the car.”

 

“I was just about to say that.” Seulgi laughs nervously. Who is she kidding? Naturally, they would pick the car together. Seulgi hoped it was going to be a simple trip to the car dealership. It wasn’t at all. The cars Seulgi liked her girlfriend didn’t. Similarly, what Joohyun likes Seulgi didn’t. They ended up having a small disagreement over it.

 

“Hyun, I don’t want to custom make the car so it’s purple!”

 

“I want a purple car!”

 

“Hyun,” Seulgi sighs. “I don’t want to drive a purple car. I’m the one that’s going to be driving.”

 

“It’s my money! I should have a say in our car.”

 

It’s ridiculous. Seulgi feels like pulling at her hair. She’s getting stressed, and she hasn’t even got to driving yet.

 

“Hyun, baby.” She calls with so much affection, as she knows Joohyun really loves when she’s affectionate with her. She loves all the pet names, hand holding, clinginess, and other things Seulgi does with her in private. The taller girl hopes it will be of some distraction.

 

“Yes, sweetie?” The dark-haired girl seems to be focused on her every word. Seulgi mentally sighs in relief. She hopes she can use the time to convince Joohyun why they don’t need a purple car.

 

“Can we just pick something else?”

 

“Fine. We won’t get the purple car. I liked the black Mercedes-Benz. Did you?”

 

Seulgi remembers which car she’s referring to. She actually does like that car. She thinks it would be fine to choose it. Joohyun does pay for the car as she said she would. Although, the monolid girl said they could pay for it together. Joohyun was already signing the check.

 

“Wow, such a boss.”

 

Seulgi thinks they’re going to be able to go out on so many dates now. They can go pretty much anywhere they want. The dark-haired girl is already planning some now in her head. She is so distracted she doesn’t right away feel Joohyun take her hand. Until she feels a gentle squeeze of her fingers.

 

“Babe, are you ready to go?”

 

“Yes, thanks for today.”

 

Joohyun wants so badly to kiss her. But knows that will have to wait until they’re alone. Instead she smiles and gives her hand another squeeze.

 

“It’s for us, baby. This car will only benefit us.”

 

That’s what Seulgi thought anyway. Barely a week passed when Joohyun was coming to ask her a question. The taller girl was so ready and even dressed nicely in a dark striped shirt, and dark jeans. They were finally going to go out on that date.

 

“Babe,” Joohyun starts.

 

“Yes, Hyunnie,” Seulgi smiles. She wonders where Joohyun plans for them to go. They have options as to where they can have a date, and now their own means to do so. They can visit some restaurants they haven’t had the chance to yet. Maybe, go to a movie. Seulgi wonders if they can drive somewhere out of Seoul even. The possibilities are endless, or so she thought.

 

“Did you hear me, sweetie?”

 

“Huh?” Seulgi blinks.

 

“I need you to take me to the market.”

 

All hopes of this being a romantic date ends as soon as the raven says that. Seulgi is just staring at her with blank eyes. Joohyun waves a hand across her face.

 

“Seul, did you hear me?”

 

“What?”

 

“I need you to drive me to the market. I need things, babe.”

 

“Oh, okay then.”

 

Since she is a sweet and thoughtful girlfriend. Seulgi does take her to the market. She pushes the cart for her while she gets groceries. Seulgi even helps carry them to the car. She does all the things she normally would. It is clear there would be no date today.

 

“Babe, what were you all dressed up for?” Joohyun questions.

 

“Oh, no reason.”

 

Yea, there was not going to be a date today. Seulgi hopes that the next time there will be a date. The next week goes the same way. Except Joohyun comes to her room to wake her.

 

“Baby,” The shorter girl gently shakes her. Seulgi was trying to catch up on some much needed sleep. She is really so tired, but can feel someone shaking her.

 

“Seul, wake up.”

 

“What, what’s wrong? What happened?” She sits up suddenly with wide eyes. Joohyun places a soft kiss to her lips.

 

“Babe, I need you to drive me to the mall.”

 

“What?” Seulgi tries not to shout too loud or wake up Seungwan. Joohyun is looking at her with those hopeful eyes. Then she bites down on her bottom lips all adorable. Joohyun knows how affected her girlfriend gets when she does that.

 

“P-Please, jagiya,” Joohyun says it all sweet and kisses her lips. Seulgi is a goner as she nods that she will get her car keys.

 

“Thank you, sweetie. You’re the best.”

 

Instead of a date like she hoped. Seulgi spent hours going in and out of stores. She carried her bags from store to store. When Joohyun showed her cute clothes she had to right away remember to say she looked good in them. She almost couldn’t believe this was happening.

 

“What happened to going on more dates?”

 

Before she knew it. She had become Joohyun’s personal chauffeur. Wherever she needed to go. Seulgi was driving her. That also meant her girlfriend controlled the music, where they went, and Joohyun wanted to go to lots of places. None of which had anything to do with a date. Seulgi sits with her head on the steering wheel, mentally cursing herself for getting her license, or rather she shouldn’t have told Joohyun she got her license.

 

“I’m so stupid for telling her I got my license. She’s going to drive me crazy!”

 

“Hey, babe. Did you hear me?” The raven pokes her from the passenger's seat.

 

“Yes, Ms. Bae. Where can I take you now?”

 

“What?” She blinks.

 

“Nothing, nevermind. Where do you need to go?”

 

Joohyun beams at her with that smile. The smile that always makes her happy to see. She supposes she’ll just be part time girlfriend and chauffeur. There are worse things she supposed. Seulgi isn’t the only one who notices that she has become her girlfriend’s personal driver. Her friends sit her down when Joohyun is out for a solo schedule.

 

“Unnie, she is using you for your car!” Joy states it first.

 

Yeri nods. “You’re officially reduced to personal driver. Joohyun-unnie calls and you come running.”

 

“Guys, she paid for the car,” Seulgi reminds them.

 

“That doesn’t matter. She calls you to drive her everywhere unnie. You have to stand up for yourself.”

 

“Guys, Joohyun-unnie is probably just trying to make sure they spend as much time as possible. They hardly spend as much time as they like.” Naturally, Seungwan is being nice or trying to be. The two younger girls look at her like she’s being idiotic.

 

“She’s making Seulgi-unnie drive her around to all sorts of places. Face it she’s not even a girlfriend anymore. Just a driver.” Joy says.

 

“Yes,” Yeri nods. “You’re wasting all this time driving her around. When you could be driving us!”

 

Seulgi sighs. Leave it to the younger kids to make it about them in some way. She does agree that Joohyun is probably taking slight advantage of the car. But then there are times while they are driving. Where it’s just them, being able to talk freely. Joohyun always seemed happiest that they were just together. She would constantly reach for her free hand, or kiss her as much as possible. She’d also be sure there were plenty of snacks and food she liked too. Joohyun always made sure she was fine when she drove. That’s the parts their friends don’t see.

 

“Guys, it’s really not so bad.”

 

“You’re a nice girlfriend that’s why,” Joy sighs. “Seriously tell her no. The next time she wants you to drive her somewhere. You just tell her no. She can’t make you.”

 

“Um, Joy?” Yeri nudges her. “She did buy the car.”

 

“Oh, yeah, well,” Joy stops to think. “Then you’re screwed.”

 

“Yeah, thanks Joy.”

 

After that conversation. Seulgi decided that Joy and Yeri were right. She needed to stand up for herself and tell Joohyun no. Only instead of standing up for herself. Seulgi tried to avoid her as much as possible. Anytime she saw Joohyun heading her way she would run off. She would drive without her and pretend she didn’t hear her phone. When they had schedules Seulgi would make sure to leave as soon as possible. It was pretty difficult to pull off especially since they live together.

 

Today seems to be her luck has run out. Joohyun locks the door, so she can’t leave. Seulgi thinks she is going to die. Should she start screaming now? The raven is looking at her with a disappointed gaze.

 

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

“Ah, Hyunnie!” Seulgi’s eyes dart back and forth. It’s too quiet in the dorm. That means no one is here but them. Fine time for everyone to be gone. She backs up some. Joohyun comes closer.

 

“Why are you avoiding me?”

 

“I’m not…”

 

Joohyun moves closer to her. She gently takes a hold of her cheeks.

 

“Seul, don’t lie to me. Why are you avoiding me?”

 

“I just needed a break. You’re asking me to drive you here and there. It’s like I’m over here driving Ms. Bae, and I’m feeling less like your girlfriend and more like your personal driver.”

 

“Driving Ms. Bae?” Joohyun thinks to herself. Then she proceeds to kiss her lips. She didn’t know Seulgi felt that way. A part of why she even asked her to drive her was just to be together. Because even though they are a couple and have been so for awhile. They don’t get to really spend as much time as they like. With them being so busy flying around from place to place. They need to take any time they have. She likes just being in the car with Seulgi. Sometimes they’ll sing duets together, hold hands, kiss when they’re able.

 

“Baby, I’m sorry,” Joohyun tells her genuinely. “I didn’t know you felt that way. Why didn’t you just tell me?”

 

“I just didn’t want to hurt your feelings.”

 

“Not telling me what’s wrong, and avoiding me does hurt my feelings. We have to talk to each other, okay?”

 

Seulgi nods. Then she promises she will talk to her more. Joohyun promises she will ask her to drive her around less, and the monolid girl thinks thing should be fine now. Well, it was fine for a week until after a schedule. Joohyun pulled her aside.

 

“Babe, I need you to drive me somewhere.”

 

Seulgi sighs. It couldn’t possibly last. “Hyunnie, really?”

 

“Don’t worry. It’ll be fine. I just have to make a few stops, okay?”

 

“Alright, let’s go.” Seulgi agrees and starts to make her way to the car first. Joohyun takes a hold of her arm first. They walk with arms linked to the car. Seulgi asks where they’re going. Joohyun explains she needs to pick up something from the market. Seulgi drives her there and was about to get out to help.

 

“No, I got it babe. Just wait for me.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“I’m sure.”

 

Seulgi waits. She wonders what it is Joohyun needed to come here for. She uses the time to play video games on her phone when eventually the raven returns. She puts a few bags in the back of the car, and sits down in the passenger's seat.

 

“Okay, we can go.”

 

“Are we going back to the dorm?”

 

“No, not yet. Let’s go, I’ll tell you when to stop.”

 

Seulgi thinks that makes no sense. Where the heck is she driving to. Still, she starts the car and drives anyway. Joohyun squeezes her free hand when she’s able.

 

“I love you, Seul. You know, right?”

 

Seulgi is able to look at her. “Yes, of course, Hyun. I know you love me.” She gives a nod and drives off when she’s able.

 

“Aren’t you going to say it back?”

 

“What, oh of course Hyunnie. I love you too.” She leans over quickly to kiss her cheek. That seems to satisfy the older girl. Seulgi on the other hand doesn’t know where they’re going. Joohyun just keeps directing her.

 

“Hyun, where are we going?”

 

“We’re almost there. I’ll let you know.”

 

It takes another 10 minutes. But they finally get to what looks like a park. Joohyun gets out of the car first and grabs the bags. Seulgi gets out too, and is about to help carry the bags.

 

“No, I have them. Just close your eyes and give me your arm.”

 

“Um, okay, Hyun.”

 

Seulgi trusts her girlfriend. She allows her to lead the way. They walk for awhile. Seulgi wants to ask several times where are they going now. Joohyun just keeps leaning up to kiss her lips.

 

“Don’t worry baby. We’re soon going to be there.”

 

Joohyun was actually able to set up a small picnic for them here. She had one of the nice managers help her set this up just before she got Seulgi to drive her. She only picked up a few things out of the market. But everything was already set up. She lets go of Seulgi’s arm for a moment. Then fully kisses her on the lips.

 

“Okay, baby. Open your eyes.”

 

When she does it’s to see the nice picnic set up. There is a purple checkered blanket, basket of food, and one very happy Joohyun.

 

“Surprise.”

 

“What’s all this?” Seulgi laughs some. Joohyun grins before taking her hand.

 

“We didn’t ever get that date, huh?”

 

“Um, no. I was too busy driving you around.”

 

“I’m sorry. I really just wanted to spend more time with you.”

 

“I know. It’s okay, Hyunnie.” Seulgi promises and kisses the top of her head.

 

“Come on, let’s eat.”

 

Joohyun leads her to the blanket. Then proceeds to feed her. She kisses her in between, and whispers to her how grateful she is for her.

 

“I’m so lucky I have you, Kang Seulgi.” She tells her in between each soft kiss. This is the kind of alone time the monolid girl was craving. Just being alone with her girlfriend, and not worrying about anything else.

 

“I’m really lucky to have you too, Bae Joohyun.”

 

They eat nearly all the food and end up taking a walk around the park. Joohyun holds onto her hand as they look at the sights. The shorter girl even suggests a selfie. Then they end the date by laying on the blanket hand in hand. Joohyun turns to her and kisses her lips.

 

“I love you, baby.”

 

“I love you more,” Seulgi nods with one hand in her hair.

 

“How much do you love me?” Joohyun wonders as she runs her fingers along her chin.

 

“I love you more than anything.”

 

“Do you love me enough to drive me to Busan tomorrow? There’s something I need to do.”


 

She sounds so serious that even Seulgi gets annoyed. She gets up and walks away.

 

“I’m not driving you anymore, Ms. Bae. Go ask someone else.”

 

“Seul, I’m kidding. Oh, come on baby!”

 

She grabs up the blanket and basket before running after her. She was just kidding. She didn’t think her girlfriend would react that badly.

 

“Seul,” Joohyun catches her before she gets in the car. Then she turns her around so they can face each other. She leans up to kiss her fully on the lips.

 

“I was kidding. Don’t be upset?”

 

“I’m not,” Seulgi promises as she pats her head. “Just kidding, come on Ms. Bae let me get you home.” She opens the car door for her. Not without getting lightly shoved by her shorter girlfriend.

 

“Not funny, Kang.”

 

“It was a little.”

 

“Now I should really make you drive me to Busan.”

 

Seulgi smiles as she closes the car door. She might complain about being a part time chauffeur. Still she does know she will do just about anything for Joohyun.

 

“Guess I’ll be back to driving Ms. Bae again.”
 

A/N: Happy Seulrene day. Hope this was a decent read. I totally imagine Joohyun asking Seulgi to take her all sorts of places. Thanks for reading