A Normal Day

Love Story in AFF

"Hey, girl!" I greet-hugged one of my best friends, Qri.

"Hi, how've you been doing?" Qri asked, releasing me.

"Fine, fine, now enough greeting; let's go to our homeroom, people are probably waiting for me there." I said and led the way. "Where's Sunhwa?"

"Oh, she's sick today, she stayed home."

"Why did I not know about this? She promised me that she'll pay me back the five bucks that she borrowed from me the other day today. Is she stalling, or what?" I rolled my eyes.

"Well, she told me to tell you that she's sorry and she'll pay you back on wednesday..." Qri trailed off, afraid of my reaction. I smirked and marched inside the homeroom. As expected, all of them bowed 90 degrees at me.

"Hi, guys, long time no see!" I greeted excitedly. "Ronda, how was your winter break? Did you lose weight?"

Ronda looked taken aback for a moment. "Oh, does it look like I lost weight?" She looked pleased.

I chuckled and replied, "No, I was just playing. Looks like you gained more weight. Lose some, and maybe you'll look gorgeous." Ronda's face reddened and her eyes trailed down to the floor. I laughed out loud. "Stop being so sensitive! I was just saying."

"Uh, Bora, five minutes till the teacher comes." Qri reminded me. I quickly went over to sit in my seat...but halted when I saw someone sitting there. I glared her down.

"What are you doing in my seat? Get the hell out of here." I said coldly to a face I've never seen before. The whole room became silent.

"Sorry, I thought no one was sitting here... I'll go sit into another seat." The girl hurriedly ran to another seat, knowing that I'm the queenka of this high school.

"No, I'm not gonna let you down that easy. Nobody sits in my seat, nor does anyone take anything that's mine. You better pay up." I raised a brow at the girl and held out my hand.

"What? With money?" She looked shocked. What does this girl think she is!?

"Yes, with cash. Now pay up. Pay up everything you have." I waited expectantly.

"B-but...I don't have any money." The girl stuttered.

I scoffed. "Well then...I'll just have to beat you up." I stomped over to her in two steps and smacked her in the back of the head, hard.

"Miss Bora, please apologize and sit down." Mr. Lee said with a bored face as he walked inside the room. I turned to him and sighed.

"Sorry, loser." I said without even looking at the girl.

"Okay, now sit down." Mr. Lee demanded. Glumly, I sat down in my seat. Qri sat next to me.

"The girl that you just hit, Miss Bora, is a new student at this high school. Everyone, please welcome her with a round of applause. Her name is Hwayoung Ryu." Mr. Lee announced. A few people clapped but mostly, everyone just stared at her weird. Pleased, I smirked at her and flipped her off with my middle finger. That's what she gets for taking my seat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Hwayoung's POV~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I felt my left cheek burn from the glare that Bora was giving me. I tried to pretend that I was too focused on the lesson to notice her, but I knew that my cheeks were burning up in red.

Finally, the bell rang and I ran out with my books in hand. I gulped and tried to run away from the classroom as far as possible so Bora can't catch up to me. I was extremely scared of her...I felt her strength and power in that one, big smack she gave me on the head. It hurt...it hurt bad. My brain had a two-second coma when she hit me. Also, I knew what will happen if I get into a fight- I'll lose and get a broken nose.

My feet were speeding as fast as I can, until I heard someone behind me call out my name.

"HEY, RYU!"

I recognized that voice...It was the queenka. I gulped again and pretended not to hear. I knew that I was just going to get in more trouble by her, but my feet just wouldn't stop. I was scared.

I felt everyone's eyes on me...It seemed like the whole school stopped moving. The only things you can hear is my feet hitting the floor rapidly.

"Are you ignoring me? RYU!" She called out again, more fiercefully this time.

I just kept walking until I felt a strong hand suddenly grip my shoulder. I gasped and turned around, and it was Bora...She ran all the way to me, and I didn't even know!

"Were you ignoring me? Or did you really not hear me?" She raised a brow at me. I whimpered silently; both answers would lead me to a broken nose.

"I...I was scared." I almost whispered, and I looked down at the floor. I heard her cackling loudly.

"You were scared? Because why? You thought I was gonna smack you in the head again?" She asked, still chuckling. "Is that it? Huh? Huh?" Then she put her elbow on my shoulder casually. "I don't like you, you know that? First, you sit in my seat. And then you ignore me. Now you tell me you were scared? What the hell, you don't act like you're scared. You're, like, ASKING me to smack you." Then I felt a strong force make my head go foreword. She smacked me in the head...over and over again. It made a loud smacking sound. I couldn't see anymore...my vision was blurred with tears.

Later, the principal saw us and took Bora away to her office...but I wasn't relieved at all. All the students giggled at me and whispered to each other. I hid my face with my hand and ran to the bathroom as fast as I can.