Final

Owies and Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hi Auntie Jeong!” Little Momo enters the Park home greeting one half of her favorite aunties.

“Hello Momo! Coming over for dinner?” Jeongyeon returns the greeting to the little one coming in through the backdoor.

“Yup!” Momo answers coming over to hug her auntie.

“Did your moms try to cook again?” Jeongyeon questions as she hugs the girl back.

“Yup! There was water and then fire and then water again and screaming. Lots of screaming!”

 

(About one hour earlier)

“So Momorin, how’s mac and cheese sound for dinner?” Nayeon asks her daughter staring at her while she colors on top of the kitchen bar.

“Sounds good, mama!” Momo gives Nayeon a big smile hoping her mama can pull this off.

Nayeon kisses Momo on top of her head and smooths her hair before getting up to start dinner. Nayeon and Sana haven’t had the best track record in homemade dinners. They usually rely on take out, sometimes hoping Jeongyeon and Jihyo would invite them for dinner, but Nayeon is feeling adventurous today, it’s simple follow the instructions, this should be easy. She takes out everything she needs to make this simple box of mac and cheese. “Come on, Nayeon. It’s a simple follow the directions. You can do it!” She encourages herself.

Just then Sana is home from her schedule meeting her family in the kitchen. “Hi honey, I’m home!” Nayeon returns the greeting and Sana walks over to Momo and kisses the top of her head earning a whine from her daughter. “Yah! Momorin, is that how you greet your mother?” Sana sits next to her daughter giving her a pouty face until Momo apologizes.

Momo stops coloring and looks at her mother sitting next to her. She sees her mother’s pouty face feeling bad hurting her feelings and moves over so she’s sitting on her mother’s lap. “Sorry, mommy!” Momo wraps her little arms around Sana’s neck and peppers her face with kisses.

“It’s okay, Momorin. I think you need to stop hanging out with Auntie Jeong.” Accepting Momo’s apology but not before she takes a jab at her own best friend. Jeongyeon was never enjoyed PDA, they were all lucky she actually enjoyed herself during her wedding ceremony, maybe she was high on love or the few shots she took right before walking down the aisle.

“But mommy! Auntie Jeong is my best friend.” Momo whines, not wanting her mother to keep her away from her auntie.

“I thought Mina was your best friend?” Sana questions.

“Noooo. Mitang’s my wife. Just like you and mama and Auntie Hyo and Auntie Jeong.” Momo answered feeling annoyed at her mother’s question.

“Mina can be both your wife and best friend, Momorin. Just like me and mama. Okay?” Sana responds seeing Momo annoyed face. “Okay” Momo answers back.

Sana looks over to her wife seeing Nayeon put all the ingredients in order that is needed. “Sweetie, I’m going to help mama with dinner okay?” Momo nods in response as Sana shifts Momo back to her original seat.

“You seem lost.” Sana says.

Nayeon turns her head to look at her wife with a worried expression. “I just don’t want to mess up. I would like to make at least one meal for our family.”

“Why don’t we do this together? That way we can be extra careful.” Sana suggests.

Nayeon nods in agreement and sighs “Okay. You think you can boil the water?”

“I’m on it Captain Im!” Sana salutes her wife as she places a pot of water on the stove.

“Okay so we just have to wait for it to boil and then we add the noodles.” Nayeon reads the directions on the box. “Then we drain, add butter, milk, and the cheese powder.”

“Sounds easy enough. How long until the water boils?” Sana asks.

“Hmmm. It doesn’t really say. I’ll set a timer for 10 mintues and we’ll check on it.” Nayeon suggests.

As they wait for the water to boil the two gather around the kitchen bar watching their daughter color. Between Momo explaining each drawing she made, asking if she can have a dog of her own so Ray doesn’t feel lonely (which is highly unlikely since Momo is allergic), and Nayeon and Sana having a drawing battle, the two ladies seem to have forgotten about the pot on the stove.

“Mama? Is dinner done?” Momo asks after she catches a new scent in the air.
“Done? We haven’t st--OH MY GOD SANA THE WATER!” The two moms look over to the stovetop where they see the pot has caught on fire.
The two quickly rush towards the stove, Sana filling another pot of water to put out the flames and Nayeon carefully shutting off the gas. Sana dumps the pot of water over the burning pot to extinguish it.

“I thought you set the timer for 10 minutes. Were you not checking the time?” Sana questions her wife.

“I swear I-“ Nayeon opens her phone seeing that she never started the timer in the first place, “apparently didn’t even start the timer.”

“So we’ve just been sitting here letting the water burn.” Sana says as she turns off the smoke detector and starts opening all the windows in the kitchen. “I didn’t even know water could burn. Why weren’t you paying attention?”

“Me? We’re in this together! Why didn’t you double check yourself? You were in charge of boiling the water.” Nayeon questions her wife not wanting to be the only one at fault for this.

Momo watches her moms banter back and forth until her stomach makes a noise. Not wanting to wait out her mothers little fight, Momo gets off the kitchen seat, putting her shoes, backpack and hat on, and leave through the back door to Mina’s house where she knows there’s food.

(Back to present)

Momo explains trying to recreate every detail she saw at her mothers attempts to make them dinner.

“Well you’re lucky Auntie Hyo and I are home this weekend. Dinner will be done in an hour. Mina is where she always is.” Jeongyeon laughs at Momo’s explanation and lightly pushes Momo through the kitchen door.

The Park home isn’t that much bigger than the Minatozaki’s, just a little more spacious, and Momo likes it. She likes that she can run around Mina’s house, especially now that Mina has Ray to chase her. Momo walks down the hallway towards Mina’s playroom with a little bounce in her step excited to see two of her favorite things.

“MITANG! I’m home!” Momo opens the door a little too fast that it bangs the wall and startles Mina. She quickly apologizes and walks towards Mina who looks like she’s getting Ray ready for a walk.

“Welcome home, Momoring!” Mina greets her with a big gummy smile. She returns her attention back to Ray and clips his leash.

“Are we taking Ray for a walk?”
“Mmhmm!” Mina walks out of her playroom with Ray and Momo following. Just as Mina was about to open the front door Momo stops her. “Wait! Isn’t Auntie Hyo coming with us?” They were never allowed to walk Ray by themselves. Jihyo always said that Ray might be hard to handle since he’s still young and wants to explore.

“Mommy is busy and shh what they don’t know won’t hurt.” Mina reaches for the doorknob again.

“Wait, Mina! C..can I hold the leash?” Momo isn’t sure why she was nervous asking, but she may never get the opportunity to do this, Ray is still very much Mina’s dog than hers.

“Of course! Just don’t pull too hard, okay?” Mina doesn’t even hesitate to hand over the leash. Seeing Momo looking down kicking the floor below her was too cute for Mina to say no, as if she ever would.

Mina quietly opens her front door as best as she could so her moms don’t hear them leaving. Ray and Momo make it o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter