Fin

Mark's Love Rival

My name is Mark Tuan, and during that time, I was still back in high school. 10th grade to be exact. I must admit, I was quite troublemaker back then. I bullied my classmates, and was always subject to disciplinary action. I have dedicated my life to not be bounded by the norms and standards written and ruled by the school. I lived the way I wanted, and I never regretted that. I am extremely boastful that time, and engaged in many fights.

Even though I always skip classes, I admit I'm not that far behind when it comes to academics. Our school prioritizes the smart students and I just happened to be one spot lacking to be in Section A so I was, naturally, placed in Section B. Our teachers would only explain the same things over and over again, so what's more exciting than jumping out the window during class time and read some lewd magazines outside the school? Curse studying, I'm the first in class anyways.

And even though I'm extremely problematic, with my good looks, I am extremely popular with the girls in school. Almost everyday, my locker will always get filled of love letters from thirsty girls (and some... not girls..) from all over the campus. It started when I played basketball and became the MVP of the game and became the varsity's captain, that is when the interest of many sparked. And since then, I lived a very burdensome high school life. Those love letters? At first, I burned them at the back of our school. But no matter how I dispose them, I would still get about 50 letters a day and it pissed me off so I just throw them at the nearest trash bin.

I think... I'm not lacking anything actually. I am self-proclaimed handsome. The class' one-top. The captain of the basketball varsity team. And I think i'm pretty good at dancing too. But I think I missed one thing... someone to have by my side.

It was lunch time then, I befriended this wimpy passive guy named Jinyoung to pay for my meals. As courtesy, I ate beside him. While we were eating, a girl walked past me and before I knew it, she was exuding extraordinary light. I did not even notice Jinyoung is talking to me about something.

Using my connections, I came to know her name. Her name was Jackie. She came from America but is a mixed blood. Our school is an international university so it is indeed diverse in races, even me, as a Taiwanese. I really really liked her. I stalked her everytime classes are over. I brought Jinyoung and Jinyoung's other wimpy friend, JB, with me so that I wouldn't seem like a creep. We followed her home and after, I got JB to buy us burgers. We sat by and JB asked me if I liked her, in which I agreed to. He shared something interesting, that he knows a friend of Jackie, and that friend told him that Jackie liked another person. That person was someone from Section A too, and he is the 40th student. He placed 40th in the enrollment exams and if it wasn't for him, I would have been in Section A (I was 41st). By the way, Jackie was 1st in that exam. Anyways, even though I knew it's wrong, I hated him.

I made moves with Jackie, but it's clear that she's not interested. I even gave her the expensive stuff I got from my admirers but she really does not break character. I deduced that it's because of that guy he liked, and as time went by, my hatred grew. Yeah, I know, I'm being petty. But petty is my middle name. I even named him face in my head. 

Two years passed, now at the 12th and final grade, I was devastated to know that Jackie was sent to the US for a special program. This year, I made it to Section A. At the first day, I woke up extremely late because of watching too many (censored) stuff up 'til morning. There was only one seat left so I sat there. My seatmate greeted me, and it was him, face, the guy Jackie liked. I couldn't bear the thought of him befriending me, because I hated him so much. The professor then said that Jackie, being the top of the class, was granted a scholarship from Grade 12 up to college there. And that there will be another one for this year. Days passed and I set my goals straight on two things. Coming out on top for that scholarship, and making face's final year miserable. I felt really disappointed that I can't be as free as I was because the scholarship requires a good record but making his life miserable is also a priority so I will play him without getting myself in trouble.

One time, it was PE and at the gym lockers. Some were still showering and some were changing from the workout uniform back to the regular uniform. I was already finished changing my clothes when suddenly, the guys started laughing at him. face is prancing around searching for his towel and clothes. I can't help but laugh, because it was me who hid them. And even if he happens to find it, he can only cry because it is already drenched wet. The other guys were laughing at him and some even started to take pictures of him . I reckon he felt miserable. But to no avail, he took care of the attention properly and even posed explicit poses. He seemed to enjoy it. What a erted idiot. Eventually another classmate of ours offered him another set of clothes.

Another time it was during lunch time. I purposely stole my rich guy classmate's wallet and put it inside face's bag when everyone is out in the cafeteria. The rich guy was named Bam Bam and he looked really funny when classes finally started and he was looking around for his wallet. It eventually caused the home room professor to take strict measures. The professor searched everyone's bags and found the wallet in face's bag, right exactly where I put it. He looked so shock and helpless! Oh boy it was hillarious. I was 100% sure he was in trouble but Bam Bam suddenly rushed to the professor and claimed that he seemed to have mistook face's bag as his and explained that he finally remembered it was him who put it there. So yeah, plan failed again. ty Bam Bam covering up for ty face.

There was also that time when I sent a letter to the principal. I filled it with curse words and shamed the principal for being fat. I named the letter Section A's lower left corner student because that is where he's seated. The principal then bursted to our door in the middle of the class. He wandered his eyes and he met eyes with face. I was really laughing internally because face will finally take the medicine he deserved but suddenly the plan failed. The principal dismissed it and said that face is too kind a person and that it must be a prank from the lower sections. 

One day, in our arts subject, the professor grouped us into groups of two. That  was too lazy to group us herself and in the end used the usual group with your seatmate, and yeah, I grouped with him. We are grouped for a very important project that will determine our grade. I initially thought of making him handle all the work but I realized it will also affect my standing in class if we failed.

We worked out on our project together. It was a two-person stage performance. It can be anything, magic show, theatre, anything that is plausible. We went to a cafe and began talking about our possible concept. I was disgusted but I had no choice. I came to have known that he is actually a good singer. We decided to do a rap-sing-dance performance for the project. Day by day we were always together, we were basically inseparable. That being, I still continued with my evil antics, including that time I put my lewd magazines on his desk expecting he will get punished for it but instead the dickhead professor even asked if he can borrow it.

We continued to practice and practice and the more I have been with him, the less I am seeing the resolve to continue my evil shenanigans towards him. Later, I realized that he is actually a fun person, and is very very kind. Down to earth, humble, hilarious.. that is him.

One day, I was hospitalized and I worried less about myself, and more about him. Since our schedule will be disrupted. Fortunately, we are just doing the finishing touches such as stage props and etc but still I feel like I burdened him. It was almost midnight by then, I was alone since everyone was at night shift. JB and Jinyoung, which I call the JJ Wimps, came by earlier and brought me the usual burger they buy me. It was raining very hard, when he came inside my room all drenched in rain water, still wearing his school uniform.

"The weather reports did not mention any rain this week, so I did not bring an umbrella. I tried to wait for it to halt but I got impatient and ran all the way here. Here, I brought you some apples. They're a bit wet though, but hey, there's no longer a need to wash it!"

He went to see me. Wet because of the rain. At a time like this. Exactly 11:58 PM.

"Hey.. About the arts project.. We were supposed to go finish the props.. I'm supposed to be helping you but now i'm here at the hospital. Im sor--"

"Don't mind it! All you need to do is rest, because to me, what matters most is health!! Don't worry about me! See this muscles? I can do it myself in no time!"

I see why people would adore him.

I see why people would cover up for him.

I see why people love him.

Because right now, I'm madly in love with him.

I'm crazy in love with my face, Choi Youngjae.

 

 

 

 

 

Never did it cross my imagination, how I will be doing the lewd stuff I watch at home with this face. But hey, what's happening now is more importaaaaaaaaaaa fuck it's huge!!!!!!